Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

• Flood

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 203 reviews
on May 31, 2016
23 years later and I still am not over it. I heard this album for the first time in the 90s when I was around 15 years old. It was great then, and it's great now. Clever, witty, funny, entertaining, and catchy. Unless you suck, this album will make you smile. I still listen to CDs. Don't judge me.
on July 28, 2017
Well, I had gotten this since I was in hopes of listening to it on vinyl. It's sounding great, but Birdhouse in Your Soul skips at "Blue canary ~ who watches over you" at the first utterance of the line. :c

It sounds great otherwise, but I've tried to tweak the turntable to not skip. It skipped twice the first playthrough of the song on another part... but it seems to want to just skip at that one portion now.

It's unfortunate. This album was the first I owned on a CD, like... not just with They Might Be Giants, but first CD I ever actually owned. It's a pity this vinyl I wanted to be sure I owned is slightly defective. Sounds great otherwise.
on March 15, 2017
My favorite album of all time. I first heard it right after college and have listened to it probably a hundred times since. My kids grew up listening to it on road trips with me singing every song -- poor children but they loved the songs and still do to this day no matter how bad dad's singing was. SO happy to own it in vinyl.
on March 14, 2016
I wanted one song from this album, Istanbul. The other songs a fun to, but I haven't Kearney them enough yet so I can't sing along to them, maybe that is good thing I can't carry a tune in a bucket. Still love to sing along anyways, sorry to the people around, I sing like no one is listening, lol
on January 14, 2017
There is only room for one TMBG. Thank goodness, here they are. I love this album.
on March 13, 2015
This was a cassette tape that one of my sons bought at a garage while visiting their grandparents 800 miles from home. On the two-day drive back to our home, they played it over and over and over. The five of us in the car sang along with it and LAUGHED as we drove. What fun! When we got back, we had to make copies so everyone had their own. Since then, however, all tapes have been lost, and who has a cassette player anymore? So last year for Christmas, all the "kids" (now adults) got a copy on cd and the fun began again.
on August 18, 2017
AWESOME!!!
on February 13, 2014
Along with other indie groups like the Violent Femmes and Oingo Boingo, They Might Be Giants are the antithesis of the 80's pop metal bands from LA. I liked this band back when MTV was still relevant, but they were too quirky for airplay, along with the afore-mentioned groups. You either liked them or hated them. To the spandex and makeup wearing "chicks with dicks" out on the Wes Coast, these guys were a bunch of pussies. To anyone who lamented the lame, over-the-top excesses of the LA scene, these guys and those similar to them were at least maintaining some "art" credibility in the rock scene.
on November 5, 2015
Quirky and eclectic in nature, this was a different find in 1990's mainstream. A fun album with a different type of sound which was their most popular and successful album. Besides, who doesn't remember and love the two tracks "Particle Man" and "Istanbul" being intergraded into a Tiny Toons episode! Overall, a great find that I am happy is in my collection.
on December 7, 2016
Received as a gift when it was first released. It was quirky, funny..and absolutely addictive. I wore out the original tape, and have purchased the CD twice. It's still delightfully quirky and addictive. But so are most TMBG albums!