Spring Deals Automotive HPC Amazon First Reads New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on May 31, 2013
Don't understand why you had to buy this separately. Should have come with the bag originally. It does as expected and distributes the weight over your shoulder instead of biting into it like the strap that comes with the bag.
on October 2, 2012
I got this to replace the skinny strap on my Floto Luggage Venezia Duffle - and it is definitely an upgrade. It's not as padded as I'd expected, but it came quickly, and distributes the weight of my overpacking much better than the original strap. All in all, a good buy!
on July 11, 2013
I agree with a previous reviewer that this is the strap that Floto should provide with it's leather briefcases. The length is splendid and the shoulder pad is very ergonomic even it is isn't very padded. Acutally,more padding would reduce the ergonomic aspects. Beautifully made and resplendent is brown.
on February 8, 2014
Wanted a black leather shoulder strap, which this is, except for the bright white thread used for all the stitching.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 18, 2013

I bought this to replace the wafer-thin strap on the Cenzo bag I got from Floto. This strap looked fine when I unboxed it so I trusted it. It looks like a study strap. Foolish me.

The very first time I used it in action it failed, at the airport parking garage just 25 minutes ago. The metal fastener where the strap attaches to the bag buckle came undone before the aft end of the bag even left the ground. At first I thought I had not fully attached it. But no, the strap was flopping, broken. Useless.

Now, some readers might suspect I had loaded the Cenzo with brick samples. No. It held a pair of shoes, six pairs of (small, not giant) underpants, and T-shirts.and a shaving kit.

Here's the other problem: This strap costs 25 percent of the cost of the entire bag. But I knew that going in. But when it breaks I get really frustrated.

Now I'm on my way to a trip, with a broken strap and broken faith in Cenzo quality control.
33 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 9, 2014
My fiance purchased this strap with the matching Floto bag as a Christmas gift. During the first use, the strap broke in two different places. The first was at the shoulder area - where the strap was stitched into the shoulder patch. The next immediate failure as the bag was falling from my shoulder was the tongue in the metal snap falling out.

Since my first trip was a month after I received the Christmas gift, I was out of the warranty period.

The strap itself is almost designed to fail - instead of using a single piece of leather for the strap and installing a should patch over top of that would slide back and forth, the manufacturer uses two straps and stitches them to the shoulder patch. The stitching area looks like it weakened the leather strap causing it to fail. This is just a poor design.

Save your money and don't purchase this strap.
on May 15, 2014
I never leave reviews but absolutely had to this time. I read the reviews but ordered anyway. I got the strap and it seemed strong and thick... very nice and very comfortable. Well, I used the strap that came with my bag for a while and finally put on the super strap. It broke the first time I picked up the bag. I am sooooo mad that I didn't listen to the reviews. Now I am beyond the return date and you absolutely cannot contact this seller. TOTAL SCAM. Total Junk. Do not buy.
on March 24, 2013
I am currently using my third strap as the two one before broke. Everytime they broke on my first trip using them. I assume that Floto should have figured it out that their construction has a flaw, however they keep shipping the same model. In case the third one breaks again I will ship it back and ask for my money back and I give up, although I would love to have a wider strap on my bag, which by the way is great.
Maybe Amazon can review the high number of returns and can intervene at Floto?
33 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 24, 2013
I ordered this strap for my Floto briefcase and it's definitely an improvement in comfort as it's wider. For those looking at the photograph, it's not necessarily padded in the middle, just wider so that it distributes the weight of your luggage more evenly over your shoulder. It's definitely better than the thin leather strap with the terribly cheap and tinny brass fittings that Floto ships with their briefcases. I know they are cheap as I own a couple of nice, handmade dog leads with high-quality brass clasps and the clasps on the Floto products don't look or feel anything like those.

This wider strap is nicely constructed other than the brass fittings. The stitching is tight and relatively clean. The leather is a good match, color-wise, for the brown Floto briefcase I already own.

Mine broke on one side where the clasp enters the ring through which the leather runs. It's somewhat difficult to explain without a visual aid, but the brass clasp mechanism has a pin with a small disc fixed to the top. This pin is run through a hole on the brass loop through which the leather runs. The brass disc is supposed to keep the pin inside of the hole so that the clasp can pivot. The issue was that the hole was almost as big in diameter as the brass disc. Brass isn't as hard a metal as something like stainless steel, so with repeated use and twisting/pivoting, the disc wore through and fell out, rendering the whole thing useless. The other clasp is fixed with the same pin/disc part, but that side is tight, with a larger disc/smaller hole combination and likely won't ever fail.

I only had papers, pens, a laser pointer, and a thin book in my briefcase when the clasp fell out. I'd be a great deal more disappointed if the briefcase had contained my laptop at the time of the strap's failure. It's a build quality issue and I hope that Floto corrects it as this thing isn't cheap at almost fifty bucks.

Amazon, on the other hand, is golden as usual. They are sending a replacement and provided me with a pre-paid label to return the defective strap. I just hope the new one doesn't suffer from the same issue.
on August 18, 2013
After owning it for a few months and only using it twice, the snap broke where it attaches to the bag. Actually it didn't break, it literally just fell apart. I managed to find all the little pieces of it. I noticed that other reviewers have had the same problem. One has actually returned his strap twice! I don't have the patience for that so I replaced both factory snaps with solid brass snaps that I purchased online and tossed the original parts in the trash, where they belonged. Also, the stitching was loose in several places and had to be repaired. The overall engineering is poor simply because the strap is split at the shoulder pad and it only held in place with a single line of stitching. This created a weak spot that gave way on a long walk through the airport. It is just a really badly put together item. The bag that I bought it for is built much better.

I ended up doing all the repairs myself because I simply enjoy doing that type of thing and I have the tools to fix it with, and it ended up being a good dependable strap. But I can't believe that I paid $50 for a craft project!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question