Spring Deals Automotive Amazon First Reads Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

I'm reviewing the brown variant of this Floto duffel.

Aesthetically, this bag is a wonder at the price point. The leather is supple, the finishing is nice and consistent. The metal hardware looks nice and matches. The zippers work well. Stitching seems of good quality. The bag suggests a much higher price than that at which it sells.

However, at around $200 for an Italian made leather duffel bag, you might expect some corners to have been cut. And the main one here is that there no internal framework/caging. That means that unless the duffel is filled, the sides will collapse unless you hold them open. And that makes the bag somewhat harder to fill. This is a nuisance and not a dealbreaker unless you plan to pack/unpack the bag in situations where having to deal with collapsing sides would be extremely inconvenient. But for some, it will assuredly BE a dealbreaker.
on April 7, 2014
I was looking for a well made duffle to use for carry-on and this fits the bill perfectly. The leather is well tanned and the colour is uniform which is sometimes an issue with less expensive leather goods. I read some negative reviews regarding the smell of the bag, there is some smell to the bag but it's due to the treatment of the leather and the fact it is shipped in a sealed plastic bag. I opened the bag up and let it air out, after a few days the smell was gone. The one issue I have with this bag is the strap, this is not a cheap bag however the strap is painfully thin and when the bag is full it creates a lot of uncomfortable pressure on your shoulder. I have noticed that the manufacturer is now selling two different upgrades for the strap one called the super strap and the other belt style. One of these should be included with the bag or a discount given to those who purchase the bag and need a stronger more comfortable strap. I would recommend this bag to anyone and would have given it 5 stars had it not been for the flimsy strap.
on February 1, 2014
This bag is suprisingly premium for the price. The leather is thick and high quality, the stitching is very nicely done. Made in Italy, not China and a lifetime warranty, just thise two facts alone are worth giving this bag a try. I havent really put it to the test yet, but i mean its a hollow sack, its intended function isnt rocket science....stuff fits into it as intended.

I will say that on my item one of the clips which attaches the rather thin strap to the bag itself, was incredibly poorly manufactured. The clip has a male end which goes through a female end on the strap itself, and the clip then clips onto a metal d ring attached to the bag like a caribiner. Well the male end which went into the female ring on the strap was machined improperly or something, because at the right angle it could slide freely in and out of the female end of the strap, causing the clip to instantaneously uncouple from the strap and send the bag falling to the ground. It would feel very secure and then as soon as it spun to the right (or wrong) angle it would just slide right through and detach the strap. This was quite jarring, and would have been embarrassing had it happened in public as opposed to me just in my bedroom, alone, with the bag stuffed with towels and sweatshirts admiring how cool i was in the mirror. I actually was even embarrassed by myself when the bag just imploded off my shoulder and onto the ground.

In the end they just sent me a new strap for free (with new clips attached) and that solved the problem, and all is well.

Also, bear in mind this bag is pretty shiny. I experienced no unpleasent smell whatsoever, but did notice that the bag is blindingly shiny even in black, which seems rather difficult to accomplish naturally so im assuming they sprayed some sort of bizzare shiny clearcoat onto the leather to make it look fancier. To my eyes this just makes it look kind of lame or cheap, and ill probably just knock out the shine with some isopropyl alcohol or mineral spirits.

But for the money, you simply cant beat this bag without buying some cheap chinese item made of ratskin or like pig intestines, etc.
on December 25, 2013
Very nice bag, the leather has a nice sheen to it and feels high quality. Nice lining in side the case; and its very roomy inside. A classy, luxurious looking bag that looks a lot more expensive than its being sold for here on Amazon. Gave this to my father for Christmas and he just loves it. Looks like an old school leather bag, you don't see a lot of these anymore. Handles are sturdy, the shoulder strap is okay but a bit thin and I think it would bite into your shoulder if you had a full bag that had some weight to it. The leather is thick and should wear very nicely - instructions say you can use a leather conditioner to keep it looking new, or let it wear naturally to develop some character. Very pleased with the purchase.
on June 20, 2013
Very well made bag w/great leather. Seems like it will stand the test of time. Speaking of time, it'll take some to get this funky dye-odor out of the bag. I'd suggest airing it out for a few days prior to use. That is, unless you dig the smell of ripe dyed leather. Nummy.
on October 15, 2013
I live in Manhattan and commute to Connecticut for work. This bag comes with me wherever I go. It's big enough to hold my 15 inch MacBook Pro, a change of clothes, iPad, etc. The size isn't the only thing I love about it...the quality is why it gets 5 stars.

I have been looking for a weekender for about 6 months now and I am so happy that I purchased this bag. It is well made with double stitching in many places. The leather is soft and supple and it will stand the test of time. I don't see a reason this bag won't be passed down to a future generation. The lining is colorful but also subdued and classy.

As my girlfriend says this is a "manly bag that she wouldn't mind borrowing". If you are thinking about buying a weekender do yourself a favor and buy this bag!
on March 27, 2014
Great bag for the price. The leather seems to be of good quality and I've used it for two years now. It's wearing nicely. It's a good sized bag. Two things I'm not crazy about are the shoulder stray and zipper. The shoulder stray is a very thin width leather. This means it digs into your shoulder and makes it a bit uncomfortable to carry that way. This size bag means its never heavy so I just use the hand straps. The zipper itself is OK but the top of the bag is so soft it can be a bit problematic to close when the bag is packed fully. Not a bag you can open and close one handed. Overall though for the price the quality of leather is very nice and the bag has a classic beauty to it.
on March 27, 2015
I've brought this bag on a couple of trips now and I love it more and more. It's well made and has a nice thick quality to the leather and the stitching. I had the same odor experience with the new-bag-smell that disappeared over the first few days. It holds a ton of stuff and is a really good looking bag. Very pleased with the purchase!
on January 7, 2015
I love this bag! I bought my husband a brown floto duffle some years ago (a different style). I was getting envious of all the compliments he would get on it so I decided to get me one. It's the perfect color of red, not too vibrant. It holds everything you need for an overnight trip including a a pair of shoes and toiletries. Great investment.
on June 13, 2013
I love this duffle. I love the color, I love the size, I love the feel of the leather, I love how well-made it feels. I am very pleased.

Please note, it does have a "packagey" smell at first, but i just let it air our for a couple of days and now, there's no trace of it. Just the glorious leather!

I could fit a 3-day-weekend's worth of clothes in here, but I am a girl and I tend to over-pack :)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.