Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 85 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 90 reviews
VINE VOICEon July 29, 2014
I'm reviewing the brown variant of this Floto duffel.

Aesthetically, this bag is a wonder at the price point. The leather is supple, the finishing is nice and consistent. The metal hardware looks nice and matches. The zippers work well. Stitching seems of good quality. The bag suggests a much higher price than that at which it sells.

However, at around $200 for an Italian made leather duffel bag, you might expect some corners to have been cut. And the main one here is that there no internal framework/caging. That means that unless the duffel is filled, the sides will collapse unless you hold them open. And that makes the bag somewhat harder to fill. This is a nuisance and not a dealbreaker unless you plan to pack/unpack the bag in situations where having to deal with collapsing sides would be extremely inconvenient. But for some, it will assuredly BE a dealbreaker.
on February 1, 2014
This bag is suprisingly premium for the price. The leather is thick and high quality, the stitching is very nicely done. Made in Italy, not China and a lifetime warranty, just thise two facts alone are worth giving this bag a try. I havent really put it to the test yet, but i mean its a hollow sack, its intended function isnt rocket science....stuff fits into it as intended.

I will say that on my item one of the clips which attaches the rather thin strap to the bag itself, was incredibly poorly manufactured. The clip has a male end which goes through a female end on the strap itself, and the clip then clips onto a metal d ring attached to the bag like a caribiner. Well the male end which went into the female ring on the strap was machined improperly or something, because at the right angle it could slide freely in and out of the female end of the strap, causing the clip to instantaneously uncouple from the strap and send the bag falling to the ground. It would feel very secure and then as soon as it spun to the right (or wrong) angle it would just slide right through and detach the strap. This was quite jarring, and would have been embarrassing had it happened in public as opposed to me just in my bedroom, alone, with the bag stuffed with towels and sweatshirts admiring how cool i was in the mirror. I actually was even embarrassed by myself when the bag just imploded off my shoulder and onto the ground.

In the end they just sent me a new strap for free (with new clips attached) and that solved the problem, and all is well.

Also, bear in mind this bag is pretty shiny. I experienced no unpleasent smell whatsoever, but did notice that the bag is blindingly shiny even in black, which seems rather difficult to accomplish naturally so im assuming they sprayed some sort of bizzare shiny clearcoat onto the leather to make it look fancier. To my eyes this just makes it look kind of lame or cheap, and ill probably just knock out the shine with some isopropyl alcohol or mineral spirits.

But for the money, you simply cant beat this bag without buying some cheap chinese item made of ratskin or like pig intestines, etc.
on April 7, 2014
I was looking for a well made duffle to use for carry-on and this fits the bill perfectly. The leather is well tanned and the colour is uniform which is sometimes an issue with less expensive leather goods. I read some negative reviews regarding the smell of the bag, there is some smell to the bag but it's due to the treatment of the leather and the fact it is shipped in a sealed plastic bag. I opened the bag up and let it air out, after a few days the smell was gone. The one issue I have with this bag is the strap, this is not a cheap bag however the strap is painfully thin and when the bag is full it creates a lot of uncomfortable pressure on your shoulder. I have noticed that the manufacturer is now selling two different upgrades for the strap one called the super strap and the other belt style. One of these should be included with the bag or a discount given to those who purchase the bag and need a stronger more comfortable strap. I would recommend this bag to anyone and would have given it 5 stars had it not been for the flimsy strap.
on June 20, 2013
Very well made bag w/great leather. Seems like it will stand the test of time. Speaking of time, it'll take some to get this funky dye-odor out of the bag. I'd suggest airing it out for a few days prior to use. That is, unless you dig the smell of ripe dyed leather. Nummy.
on October 15, 2013
I live in Manhattan and commute to Connecticut for work. This bag comes with me wherever I go. It's big enough to hold my 15 inch MacBook Pro, a change of clothes, iPad, etc. The size isn't the only thing I love about it...the quality is why it gets 5 stars.

I have been looking for a weekender for about 6 months now and I am so happy that I purchased this bag. It is well made with double stitching in many places. The leather is soft and supple and it will stand the test of time. I don't see a reason this bag won't be passed down to a future generation. The lining is colorful but also subdued and classy.

As my girlfriend says this is a "manly bag that she wouldn't mind borrowing". If you are thinking about buying a weekender do yourself a favor and buy this bag!
on March 27, 2014
Great bag for the price. The leather seems to be of good quality and I've used it for two years now. It's wearing nicely. It's a good sized bag. Two things I'm not crazy about are the shoulder stray and zipper. The shoulder stray is a very thin width leather. This means it digs into your shoulder and makes it a bit uncomfortable to carry that way. This size bag means its never heavy so I just use the hand straps. The zipper itself is OK but the top of the bag is so soft it can be a bit problematic to close when the bag is packed fully. Not a bag you can open and close one handed. Overall though for the price the quality of leather is very nice and the bag has a classic beauty to it.
on December 25, 2013
Very nice bag, the leather has a nice sheen to it and feels high quality. Nice lining in side the case; and its very roomy inside. A classy, luxurious looking bag that looks a lot more expensive than its being sold for here on Amazon. Gave this to my father for Christmas and he just loves it. Looks like an old school leather bag, you don't see a lot of these anymore. Handles are sturdy, the shoulder strap is okay but a bit thin and I think it would bite into your shoulder if you had a full bag that had some weight to it. The leather is thick and should wear very nicely - instructions say you can use a leather conditioner to keep it looking new, or let it wear naturally to develop some character. Very pleased with the purchase.
on December 19, 2013
This is my first ever review of an item on amazon, althouh i've been a prime member for last 7 years. I travel pretty often and cabin luggage is my way of doing it. This is one of the amazing items I've ever bought, the bag is pretty spacious, the zippers are very practical (I stuff a lot of things!!), When I got it first, I had to leave it outside in the air just to get rid of the smell (leather manufacturing I guess).. overall it has served me well over 15-18 trips now over the last 3 months.

One thing I did not like with it is: same colored Super Strap I ordered, when it arrived both Olive Browns were different. I'm not that picky on the color so, never thought of returning. It's functional and pretty sturdy. If you are ordering make sure the colors match on the product you pick and don't go by the color in item description TEXT :)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2014
Bag is ok. thin leather. very very shiny. i wouldnt consider this high quality by any means. you get what you pay for bottom line. bag has no structural up right support, unless filled with clothes. the smell is unbearably strong with chemicals. wouldnt order any more of their brands. if youre thinking about getting this bag i would honestly not. the bag is ok just not what i was looking for.
on December 4, 2016
Love, love, love it. Great quality, and perfect for traveling for business...never forced to check it which is very important to me, for I am usually in one place speaking, then headed out the next day. Cannot risk a lost bag for even a few hours.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.