Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Floto Luggage Trastevere Duffle Travel Bag
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

These Floto pieces are investments. The highest quality pieces. Buttery soft, THICK leather. Hand pieced, hand sewn with impeccable finish and fit. Seams that are smooth and perfect. The interiors are lined with fine striped canvas that after three years is still resisting dirt and stains from shoes etc. This Trastevere bag is the perfect weekender or full size vacation bag and looks gorgeous and stylish no matter where you are going. I have gotten so many compliments on the Floto pieces from hotel bellmen to conceirges to other travelers in the airport and hotels literally around the world!

With every use, the leather wears better, gets softer and is gaining that lovely old world patina that only high end, very well made luggage earns. These are indeed very expensive, but they have been worth every penny. I've been investing in a different piece purchased directly from Floto each year and have not been disappointed yet. Love the timeless Vecchio brown color (which is what all my own pieces are), but their deep red and gorgeous Navy Blue colors are classic and beautiful as well.

************* December 2014 Update **********

After almost six years of regular use, this Trastevere bag is still as good as the day I bought it directly from Floto. The zipper is secure, the buckles work, the straps are strong, there is zero fraying on any of the stitching and the interior lining is intact and looks great and has no stains. The exterior leather is supple and in excellent condition. The color has deepened over the years and actually looks better now. I have taken this bag and two other Flotos, to Europe and Asia more than once. This bag has been checked luggage from Texas to Baltimore and San Francisco twice - no problems with it being tossed around by the baggage handlers at Southwest or United. I can't even begin to think how many road trips and short weekend trips it's been on.
on September 28, 2013
Very nice, elegant looking bag. It is a little larger than I expected, but I should have realized this by looking at the "what it can hold" part of the description showing a LOT of clothes going inside. Still easily a carry-on on planes, and instead of carrying a separate laptop backpack I think I'll throw the laptop in a sleeve and put it in this bag along with 1-2 nights of clothes, thereby reducing what I'm carrying anyway. Contrary to other reviews, the odor is NOT overpowering - just barely noticeable on my bag. Maybe they changed the process a bit? Packed very well, arrived on time.
on December 15, 2014
Wow! The pictures don't do the bag justice. Although I was going to buy the Cenzo duffle bag but I decided to purchase this one since it was in stock. The bag looks rich and although not supple, it being calfskin it should break in just fine. It is a decent size without being too big. It should hold several days worth of clothing in it and it appears to be very well made. This bag should last many, many years.
on January 4, 2016
Great value, love this case, have used it several times now. Very high quality. At first the smells from the leather processing are strong, but I just opened it up wide, put it in a spare bedroom, and let it air out about a week. The leather processing chemical smell completely disappeared. This is not an unusual thing for new leather products that were recently made.
on August 8, 2016
I have had a leather bag from everything since I was a teenager so I am pretty well versed with the different qualities and aspects of it. Most generic/non designer bags run in the 85-200$ range depending on the quality so this on the higher end of things.

First of the bat this bag is incredibly shiny. Like blinding your eyes shiny, looking at the picture you would think it had a more matt finish to it but it actually very shiny. The leather quality is low to medium end, but the stitching is meticulous. Great detail and effort has been taken to ensure the stitching is perfect. The zippers have been triple stitched to make sure they dont get loose. The brass fittings and zippers appear solid but could be better. The loops over the zipper although giving it a nice professional look are a pain to open and close and could be made decorative with a magnetic closure.

I personally did not find this to be a good value for 200$. It maybe that my opinion is biased as I have always had custom made messenger/gym bags where I have chosen everything from the leather, to design and fittings.
on October 13, 2013
This bag is perfect for travel as it has a zip that opens the bag right up as opposed to just open at the top. I would perfer if it had an external pocket, but really didn't miss it in the end.
Only complaint is that I dropped it in Edinburgh and put a hole in the leather so im not sure how good the quality of the leather is as this shouldn't have happened as it slipped off my main bag and only fell about a foot...
on March 13, 2014
It's sturdy and roomy, great for travel carry-on piece or convenient weekender bag. A great piece of leather good that will last for many years!
on December 19, 2012
This bag is perfect it fits everything I need and it also looks very fashionable! There were no problems with my purchase and I received it very quickly. I highly recommend them!
on September 22, 2010
I searched for the perfect gift for my husband (who is extremely picky). When this bag arrived, I knew he was going to love it! (And he did.) The color and quality are great! The seller made the purchase easy!
on November 12, 2014
Everyone is correct this item does have a smell. I just let the item set out before I used it. Nothing I put in it absorbed the smell. I liked the size but would also like one a little bit larger.