BCA Month Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Dirty Heads PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on March 31, 2014
So far so good. I have used this for several trips and have not had problems with the leather strap. All around a good value if you can get it on sale. The strap that some have worried about works just fine. Now, I think you can fill this with a lot of stuff so depending on how heavy you pack this I assume you could put stress on the pack since this will hold as much as a standard roller carry on piece of luggage.

It fits nicely in most US domestic overhead compartments when turned on its side and slid in. You don't have to be an overhead space hog with this bag. I remove the strap before putting it in the overhead compartment, and put the strap back on when I depart the plane. If I had to fill this to capacity with heavy items such as books or a laptop in addition to clothes I might use my standard roll on luggage but for a 2-3 day trip or even a light week long trip this bag did well and held everything I needed.
on November 26, 2012
I travel often for work & have a roller bag for that. I wanted an alternative for weekend trips. I considered this & a more traditional duffle style bag. I saw a guy at a hotel front desk w/a leather dufflebag over his shoulder & just thought it looked sloppy. I didn't like the locker room look. That made my decision for me. I dragged this bag all over NYC Thanksgiving weekend. It held all my stuff. I checked it at MoMA, which won't check roller bags. It was mostly unobtrusive at a crowded restaurant. It was easy to have in buses, the subway, and Amtrak. I think it looks pretty good. Admittedly, I saw some bags in the city I really liked the looks of, but I'm guessing they were hundreds of dollars more. As others have said, this bag MUST BE AIRED OUT FOR TWO DAYS. Once done, the kind of toxic smell is gone. Some have complained of hardware failures w/this bag. So far, so good. If I have any problems, I'll update.
on July 18, 2017
I've been using my bag for a few months now and I love it more and more. Very fine quality. Smells amazing (now that the initial chemical odor has dissipated). Perfect size for a weekend trip. Looks very stylish, and I've received many compliments on it. I take care to keep my eye on it as I worry that someone will steal it.
on September 11, 2014
I researched a lot of leather bags that I could use as a weekender. Originally was planning on getting a Fossil leather bag that had metal wiring that kept the bag open while you're packing it. It also had large outside pockets which this bag is lacking.

Ultimately I decided on this bag because a) the many positive reviews and b) the overall quality of leather is much nicer. Also, c) the rich brown color is much nicer than I expected. Gives it an extremely classy look.

I like the shoulder strap it comes with as well. It's a bit thin and doesn't provide the most comfortable support on your shoulder, but overall it is functional.

Inside, the bag has ample room for a solid 3 day trip. I've used it for more, but you have to pack strategically. Usually I carry a small roll-on suitcase anyway (carry-on size), but this bag serves as a perfect complement for longer week long trips. I can usually fit two pairs of dress shoes, 3-4 pairs of pants/jeans, 3-4 t-shirts and a couple of dress shirts comfortably.

It also has an inside zipped pouch which is nice for small items like a toothbrush, headphones, whatever the case might be.

I didn't like the interior color and pattern when I saw it online, but in person it doesn't bother me that much. It just works.

Overall, very satisfied with this bag. It's sturdy, it looks and feels expensive, and it gets the job done.
on January 26, 2013
This is the first piece of luggage I've bought for myself but I had a sudden trip come up and I needed something to last me the weekend. I ordered this bag with 2 day shipping and it got to me a day early even!

As other reviews say, when you first get this bag you need to let it air out for a while. The fumes are horrible but I could see them sticking to your clothes. I left it on top of my book shelf for a 2 days and that was enough time.

I'm very happy with how the bag looks. The shine on it is not too much. I read somewhere that someone described it as mirror like and just obscenely shiny. That is not my experience at all. I'd say the picture the seller uses here shows it off pretty well. It may be a tad shinier in person but not by much.

The bag opens nice and wide and hold a ton of clothes. I was able to fit over a weeks worth of clothes in mine, although I took some out because at that point I was worried that the airport staff might have me check my bag! It was great when having to get stuff out of it though. A lot of people don't think about it but the worst thing about a suitcase isn't getting the clothes in, it's when you have to get something out and need to unpack all the stuff above it. I was able to easily navigate for items in my bag without needing to take everything out or disorganize it.

The strap for the back is also fairly nice. Unfortunately not as nice as the bag. It's only finished on one side and it is fairly thin. With that said though, mine held up fine and I had packed a lot of clothes and carried my bag a lot so I feel that if it was going to break it would have.

All in all I'm very happy. If and when I need to purchase a full sized piece of luggage I will definitely take a good look at Floto's other options.
on April 6, 2014
I couldn't wait to get this bag...based on the reviews it was clear I had made the right choice before it even arrived! This is a nice bag and it does reflects it's valued priced online in person. It's true a more highend bag will likely be of better quality and I mainly feel this way for one simple detail. The duffle is lined with a nice striped mute pattern canvas cotton liner but there are small pieces of leather about 5x3inches big intentionally not line, this is fine except for the fact those parts have the dye or paint all over them..it's looks sloppy and unfortunate. Had those pieces of leather been dye free I would be thrilled but that details takes away from the piece for me personally! I would return for an exchange it if thought this was isolated bad luck..well for now I sleep on it! Every detail matters but this seems ireevevant to Flotto. It's really is a nice bag, leather is great thickness not over thick making it a reasonablely lite weight bag. Stitching, hardware, and zippers are all fine!

Update: I exchanged this item for a new one and the newest bag had no leather dye inside the bag. Now I like it as much as I wanted in the beginning. You can't beat the price comparably speaking.
on July 10, 2015
I did an exhaustive review of carry-on bags in anticipation of my upcoming trip abroad. I ruled out bags well over the legal carry-on size and also the bags that were a much smaller (I've never groused about having brought too large a bag). I was looking for something classy I could take on a business trip or on a short vacation where I'd be going more upscale. There were a number of bags that were cheaper but after looking closely at some reviews I realized the reviewers were reviewing 30 to 40 leather bags and giving only 5 star reviews. This obvious pumping up of the rating of a product totally turned me off from the cheaper bags. There were other bags in the hundreds to nearly a thousand dollars. That's just way more than I wanted to, or could justify spending. On the reputation of Floto, I took the plunge. Wife and I got the bag today and couldn't be happier. The workmanship seems top rate, the bag neither flimsy, nor heavy as with thick cowhide. It's got a nice sheen to it but not too shiny like I'm some dandy. Seems to me, the Venezia is the perfect balance between rugged casual elegance, and refined, clean lines and style. At this price point I would have hoped for a metal zipper, but from what I've read, there haven't been any recurring issues with the plastic. The zipper pulls themselves are metal with the Floto label. This is a bag I'll be using on casual airport travel as well as using when I'm dressed to the nines. I'm glad I threw an extra hundred in the hat and treated myself to something really nice. For a few views not shown in the ad, check my own photos below.
review image review image review image review image review image
on September 10, 2012
I purchased this bag after searching high and low for a quality leather product NOT made in China. I recently put it through several trips, both weekend and longer term. After returning from a 10 day trip, here are my pros and cons.
PROs: 1. quality leather 2. deep color with shiny surface 3. sturdy handles 4. useful strap 5. authentic brass hardware
CONs: 1. brass pulls are minuscule!!!! 2. bottom is not stiff enough causing bag to sag 3. strap shoulder pad is too thin

The biggest irritant is the brass pulls (see picture 1). Seriously, no adult has fingers this small. I would challenge a child to comfortably pull these tiny pieces of brass! As far as the bottom of the bag, it performs its function. However, the material used as the base of the bag is not stiff enough with even a few items in the bag. Lastly, although the shoulder strap and pad are made of the same quality leather as the bag, that leather alone is too thin to provide any padding when using the strap to carry the bag. Either double up the leather for the pad, or add some sort of additional material on the underside (see picture 2).

Overall, I really love this bag! It absolutely deserves a 4.5 star rating, but since Amazon doesn't allow for this, I had to knock a star off because of the CONs. If Floto were to address these few issues, even with a price increase I think the bag is superior to anything else I've found!
review image review image
on February 1, 2013
Not at all happy and initiating a return. The bag I received had a scuff and what looked like the beginning of a tear on the side. There was a loop of thread from the stitching exposed on one seam and another seam looked like it was coming apart. Truly appeared to be a 2nd or something you'd find at a discount shop. Just as equally frustrating was the fact that the bag was jammed into a box for shipping that was way too small and it arrived all bent, contorted and wrinkled. Some of the wrinkles creased the leather. Just overall a bad experience and I will not buy again online. Going to a luggage store and even if I pay a bit more, I'd rather see an item like this before buying.
on October 21, 2013
This bag is beautiful and affordable. The leather is gorgeous, it feels very well-constructed, and I expect it will age very well. It looks like it should be filled with hundred-dollar bills on a spy mission.

However, I deduct two stars because the first bag they shipped me had a flaw in the stitching, but I restore one star because the customer service people replaced it.

Here's what happened: The first bag showed up, and there was a flaw on the stitching on the side panel that totally spoiled the look for me. For this much money, I want it to look perfect, and little things like this bother me. Then, after only three airplane trips, one of the feet started coming loose.

I wrote to the customer service people. They said to send it in and they would fix it for free. They received the bag but it got lost in the mail at some point, so they just ended up just sending me a new one. The second one is beautiful.

To sum it up, I recommend the bag highly. Look it over carefully when it arrives to make sure it's in perfect condition. If not, I imagine they'll take care of it.