Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 10, 2015
I did an exhaustive review of carry-on bags in anticipation of my upcoming trip abroad. I ruled out bags well over the legal carry-on size and also the bags that were a much smaller (I've never groused about having brought too large a bag). I was looking for something classy I could take on a business trip or on a short vacation where I'd be going more upscale. There were a number of bags that were cheaper but after looking closely at some reviews I realized the reviewers were reviewing 30 to 40 leather bags and giving only 5 star reviews. This obvious pumping up of the rating of a product totally turned me off from the cheaper bags. There were other bags in the hundreds to nearly a thousand dollars. That's just way more than I wanted to, or could justify spending. On the reputation of Floto, I took the plunge. Wife and I got the bag today and couldn't be happier. The workmanship seems top rate, the bag neither flimsy, nor heavy as with thick cowhide. It's got a nice sheen to it but not too shiny like I'm some dandy. Seems to me, the Venezia is the perfect balance between rugged casual elegance, and refined, clean lines and style. At this price point I would have hoped for a metal zipper, but from what I've read, there haven't been any recurring issues with the plastic. The zipper pulls themselves are metal with the Floto label. This is a bag I'll be using on casual airport travel as well as using when I'm dressed to the nines. I'm glad I threw an extra hundred in the hat and treated myself to something really nice. For a few views not shown in the ad, check my own photos below.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
40 people found this helpful
on February 8, 2012
I've been hunting for a leather Gladstone bag for a long time but had found one that was affordable. Then I came across these Floto duffle bags. At first, I was hesitant to buy it because I was sure that at this price point the bag had to be cheaply constructed and would probably not last the many years that I require for it to be a good value. Still, I was intrigued because of the consistently high reviews it was receiving from my fellow Amazon shoppers so I decided to roll the dice and ordered the bag.

Just in case there was a problem, I payed the extra $17 and ordered the bag that was being offered directly by Amazon instead of the independent seller with the lower price. The bag arrived two short days later. As previously noted by another reviewer, the bag arrived in a box that I felt was rather oddly shaped for an item of these dimensions. It was flat. Inside, I discovered the squished bag wrapped in a disposable plastic sack. My initial thought was that this had not been Amazon's best packing effort; but, as after removing the duffle from the plastic sack, I noted a small manufactures tag that explained that any folds resulting from the packing process would smooth out once the bag was unpacked and used for the first time. So I guess that is how the bag was sent to Amazon from Italy. I unpacked the bag 2 days ago and as promised, the folds are already gone.

The bag itself does not have the metal big mouth frame that I like in the Gladstone. Instead it follows the design of traditional Italian clam shell style duffles and has a zipper (that unfortunately is not brass) that essentially splits the bag into two halves lengthwise. The bag is larger than I had envisioned, which is a good thing. The interior is lined with a thick colorfully printed canvas that will surely stand up to years of use and there is one zippered pocket. The leather possesses a lighter feel than I had expected but still appears to be rugged enough to stand up to some abuse. The finish is waxy but smooth and the color consistent throughout. The brass buckles and leather handles appear well attached and sturdy.

The only flaw in workmanship that I noted was in the stitching on one side of the duffle. There is what appears to be an errant colored or stained thread that makes it look like they had missed a stitch when in fact they had not. Ultimately, this doesn't concern me because I fully expect the bag to become bruised and develop a healthy patina over the next several years of use. In my opinion, it arrived with a character mark.

Apart from the aforementioned blemish, the only thing that might be worrisome for some buyers is the extremely strong tanning off-gases that the bag releases when you first unpack it from its plastic wrapper. I had read about these from some of the other reviewers and frankly though they were just making much ado about nothing but I was wrong. The off-gases are very strong and required the bag to sit for two solid days on my balcony to become tolerable. Fortunately, after it was properly aired out, the bag was fine. I only mention this because you will definitely have to air the bag for a couple of days and should figure that into the equation prior to ordering if you will be using the bag soon after receiving it. In other words, don't order the bag with the expectation that you will be able to use it immediately with allowing it a few days to acclimate and air out.

All things considered, I am happy with my bag and feel like I made a good purchase. It may not be a Gladstone, but it is still a good buy.
53 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on March 22, 2014
I have been shopping for a good quality leather weekender bag for about a month. I was very, very close to purchasing one from Fossil for about $100 more. I'm glad I didn't. People have posted about wanting the bag to have an exterior pocket but I'm not concerned about it.

I'm 6'0 and 235 lbs. I wear XL shirts. I can tell you that I can pack for 4 days easily with this bag. Also I think the handles and the the hardware around them are superb.
8 people found this helpful
on January 26, 2013
This is the first piece of luggage I've bought for myself but I had a sudden trip come up and I needed something to last me the weekend. I ordered this bag with 2 day shipping and it got to me a day early even!

As other reviews say, when you first get this bag you need to let it air out for a while. The fumes are horrible but I could see them sticking to your clothes. I left it on top of my book shelf for a 2 days and that was enough time.

I'm very happy with how the bag looks. The shine on it is not too much. I read somewhere that someone described it as mirror like and just obscenely shiny. That is not my experience at all. I'd say the picture the seller uses here shows it off pretty well. It may be a tad shinier in person but not by much.

The bag opens nice and wide and hold a ton of clothes. I was able to fit over a weeks worth of clothes in mine, although I took some out because at that point I was worried that the airport staff might have me check my bag! It was great when having to get stuff out of it though. A lot of people don't think about it but the worst thing about a suitcase isn't getting the clothes in, it's when you have to get something out and need to unpack all the stuff above it. I was able to easily navigate for items in my bag without needing to take everything out or disorganize it.

The strap for the back is also fairly nice. Unfortunately not as nice as the bag. It's only finished on one side and it is fairly thin. With that said though, mine held up fine and I had packed a lot of clothes and carried my bag a lot so I feel that if it was going to break it would have.

All in all I'm very happy. If and when I need to purchase a full sized piece of luggage I will definitely take a good look at Floto's other options.
3 people found this helpful
on April 6, 2014
I couldn't wait to get this bag...based on the reviews it was clear I had made the right choice before it even arrived! This is a nice bag and it does reflects it's valued priced online in person. It's true a more highend bag will likely be of better quality and I mainly feel this way for one simple detail. The duffle is lined with a nice striped mute pattern canvas cotton liner but there are small pieces of leather about 5x3inches big intentionally not line, this is fine except for the fact those parts have the dye or paint all over them..it's looks sloppy and unfortunate. Had those pieces of leather been dye free I would be thrilled but that details takes away from the piece for me personally! I would return for an exchange it if thought this was isolated bad luck..well for now I sleep on it! Every detail matters but this seems ireevevant to Flotto. It's really is a nice bag, leather is great thickness not over thick making it a reasonablely lite weight bag. Stitching, hardware, and zippers are all fine!

Update: I exchanged this item for a new one and the newest bag had no leather dye inside the bag. Now I like it as much as I wanted in the beginning. You can't beat the price comparably speaking.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 26, 2012
I travel often for work & have a roller bag for that. I wanted an alternative for weekend trips. I considered this & a more traditional duffle style bag. I saw a guy at a hotel front desk w/a leather dufflebag over his shoulder & just thought it looked sloppy. I didn't like the locker room look. That made my decision for me. I dragged this bag all over NYC Thanksgiving weekend. It held all my stuff. I checked it at MoMA, which won't check roller bags. It was mostly unobtrusive at a crowded restaurant. It was easy to have in buses, the subway, and Amtrak. I think it looks pretty good. Admittedly, I saw some bags in the city I really liked the looks of, but I'm guessing they were hundreds of dollars more. As others have said, this bag MUST BE AIRED OUT FOR TWO DAYS. Once done, the kind of toxic smell is gone. Some have complained of hardware failures w/this bag. So far, so good. If I have any problems, I'll update.
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 18, 2017
I've been using my bag for a few months now and I love it more and more. Very fine quality. Smells amazing (now that the initial chemical odor has dissipated). Perfect size for a weekend trip. Looks very stylish, and I've received many compliments on it. I take care to keep my eye on it as I worry that someone will steal it.
on March 23, 2016
Love this Duffle bags. The quality and the style of the leather is fantastic. I was surprise how much each of them accommodated. Perfect size to for something that would be an overnight bag or for those 2 -3 day trips, this one is perfect for that. Great Italian thick leather, construction with nice thick contrast stitching and brass hardware.
CON: They are listed as brown, I would have listed them as a light brown or a dark tan color. I am sad that I had to return them.
on June 16, 2017
Beautiful! Haven't used it yet but it looks perfect for a weekend bag. Love the color. I love Floto. All of their products I own have never disappointed.
review imagereview imagereview image
2 people found this helpful
on September 21, 2015
This is a very nice bag. Leather is rich and has a finish one would expect of a very high quality piece of luggage. The bag is large and can accommodate enough clothes for a several day trip. Stitching and hardware is top notch. One thing that other reviews noted is that the sides of the bag do not stand up in their own unlike other bags that are stiffer. The leather is more supple and soft. The only drawback is the fact that there are no outside pockets and only one internal pocket. I decided to purchase several compartmental travel bags to put inside.