Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on June 4, 2013
I ordered this for a trip and it makes the perfect carry-on for a plane trip. It is beautiful and well-made. I received compliments on it at the airport (one from the flight attendant, who I am sure sees many great pieces of luggage).
on March 24, 2017
classy look for a very good price.
on March 31, 2014
So far so good. I have used this for several trips and have not had problems with the leather strap. All around a good value if you can get it on sale. The strap that some have worried about works just fine. Now, I think you can fill this with a lot of stuff so depending on how heavy you pack this I assume you could put stress on the pack since this will hold as much as a standard roller carry on piece of luggage.

It fits nicely in most US domestic overhead compartments when turned on its side and slid in. You don't have to be an overhead space hog with this bag. I remove the strap before putting it in the overhead compartment, and put the strap back on when I depart the plane. If I had to fill this to capacity with heavy items such as books or a laptop in addition to clothes I might use my standard roll on luggage but for a 2-3 day trip or even a light week long trip this bag did well and held everything I needed.
on February 12, 2014
I purchased this bag based on the excellent price, and almost universally good reviews, and i have to say I'm very pleased with it. It comes folded up, and yep, those creases disappear with use. There's a strong off-gassing smell, that also disappears with time. The bag itself is well-made, sturdy, and incredibly attractive. It easily fits a few days of clothes, and is perfect for a carry on bag, fitting easily in plane or train overhead bins. (This is my frequent companion to Provincetown and NYC from Boston.)

The leather is a beautiful and unique chestnut brown, and this bag has gotten more than a few compliments. The interior lining it both handsome, and practical. This bag replaces a black leather bag with black lining, and when you add black electronics, you can't find them. The lining provides a nice contrast.

I have 3 small quibbles with the bag, which are the reason for the on star off:

- ZIPPER PULLS - the zipper pulls are TINY and extremely hard to close when zipped open all the way. (I'm going to try and replace them with bigger ring pulls.)

- SHOULDER STRAP - the included shoulder strap is flimsy and the shoulder pad slides all around. I replaced it with the Floto super strap, which works much better.

- NO OUTSIDE POCKET - an outside zippered pocket would be a nice addition for tickets, keys and a phone. I wish this had one.

Well, about those pull tabs: One sheared clean off the ziper pull, leaving the pull -- with nothing to pull it. I wrote Floto and asked if they'd fix it and replace the zipper pulls with larger ones. They said yes, send the bag with your return address. I sent it (at my expense) and got it back a couple of weeks later, zipper pulls replaced with bigger ones, no questions asked, no fuss at all. Great customer service!
on August 15, 2012
As I do a fair amount of short trip traveling, my wife ordered this for me as a nice looking travel bag. The construction was nice and the size was right, however, it was much more red/rosy than what the picture portrays. I liked the leather aspect of the bag and even got the accompanying travel kit with it, but they all had to go back due to the color. Note that this is just a guys opinion and could be completely due to taste so please take it with that in mind.
on March 10, 2013
Just got this bag a few weeks ago and haven't used it "in action" yet.

The bag looks just like pictured here. It's a deep red, kind of shiny. I imagine the leather will mellow out and patina over time. The inside lining is beautiful and seems durable.

As people have said, it needs to be aired out. I've left it out for a couple days but it still retains a smell of dye. I'm hoping it will diffuse out when I use it. But even the inside smells, so I hope it doesn't get too seeped into my clothes.

As far as function - a few issues. The shoulder strap is not that sturdy, especially when the bag is packed to full capacity. The zippers are a little tiny and awkward at times. Also, when the bag is fully opened it doesn't really stay opened in a nice "V" as I imagined it would. It kind of starts flopping all over the place. So I prefer to pack it with the zipper only half way down. Also, there were dye smudges on the side flaps, but to Floto's credit, customer service handled this by offering me a partial refund or full refund if I shipped it back (they offered to pay for shipping too). I chose to live with it as it was minor. Lastly, there is a small interior pocket, but I think it would be nice to have some additional compartments. It's more a carry-all style, as long as you like that.

Overall, I'm pleased with the bag and Floto's outstanding customer service. I'm sure I'll use it for many years to come.
on February 24, 2012
Great quality leather. Perfect for spending a long weekend away.

Have had the bag for a few months now, and its leather is still buttery soft.

All in all, a fantastic quality bag and well worth the money.
on July 25, 2015
Incredibly handsome bag. Elegant, efficient, spacious and stands out. Numerous compliments at airports. This bag looks exponentially classier than the cheesy LV, and other branded bags every other person carries through the airports.
on January 31, 2015
Very nice duffle bag. The leather is good quality and the interior lining looks great. I purchased this as a Christmas gift to replace the backpack my husband carried his work stuff and gym clothes in each day. It arrived on time and was packaged well. He was very pleased with it and it was a great gift.
on January 13, 2013
I purchased ths bag for a safari trip in Kenya over christmas and new year 2012 /2013 This was my bag for the two week camping trip and it held all the clothes etc. I needed and I used it as carry on on some flights and checked in on others. It was not treated very well being stuffed in the back of land rovers etc.
The only thing that failed was one of the metal feet came off at some stage (the central one). Other than that it hed up well and will definatley be my go to bag for trips.
My only criticism of the bag is the metal "feet" which are only held on by what appears to be a split pin type device which can be felt on the interior of the bag and will wear through as they are not well covered on the interior.
Other than that great bag for the price and they are up to real world traveling.