BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 185 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 216 reviews
on September 29, 2017
The quality of the turntable is fine for the money and got really good reviews - hence, the reason I settled on this brand model.. However, the belt broke after minimal use within a year of purchase - so far I haven't found a source for a new belt The Fluance website is no help at all as it doesn't offer replacement belts. So, I will keep searching, but really am shocked by the crappy quality of the belt, which is cracked in more than one place.

UPDATE: The Fluance customer service staff immediately responded to my review and after some back&forth questions, we were sent a new belt for free under the warranty. I also learned that you have to call Fluance if you need a new belt, which I didn't realize because replacement needle cartridges are available for purchase from their website. Calling customer support is always my last resort, so this should be made known to customers that new belts are only available through Fluance and that you have to call them for replacements (pretty expensive at $19.95). Hopefully they will add this item to their webstore and hopefully we will not need another one anytime soon. The new belt is working great.
on July 20, 2017
My old turntable (B&O Beograd 1602) finally played it's last album and had to be replaced. So far, I have found this turntable to be excellent. It was very easy to set up, including the connection of the belt to the drive system. I also found the turntable to be very pleasing to the eye.

I initially had no problems with the sound. In fact, I think it actually brought "life" back into several of my classic albums. However, I briefly had some sort of problem with the stylus/cartridge - The left channel simply dropped out. After checking all of the connections, just to make sure that nothing had come undone, I came to conclusion that's where the problem had to be. I carefully made sure that the cartridge and the stylus were seated in the tonearm. These came " pre installed". It worked! All I know is, the problem has been resolved. At this point, I am very happy with this purchase I would recommend this turntable to others.
on October 3, 2017
My first turntable was a Philips belt drive semi-automatic (circa 1980) that I bought with money I earned with a paper route as a teen and loved it. I loved it so much that I amassed a 300+ library of vinyl. Then came CDs and I jumped on that band wagon. Well, here I am back to the turntable. I read the many reviews here for the Fluance 81 and decided to take the plunge, Well...It is visually beautiful/expensive looking. It is physically heavy/solid/feels well made. The sound is warm and the stereo separation with included Audio Technical cartridge & stylus is wonderful. I am really enjoying rediscovery my albums again.
on April 13, 2017
Have owned this table for about 2 months now, so still in the process of breaking it in. At the time of purchase, I was also considering the Denon automatics and the AT-LP120. The semi-auto (stops play on its own at the end of a side) feature was a strong selling point, as I have a young daughter, and I can't always sit to finish a record when I start it. Sound is very good for the price and it looks great on display. I will say that upgrading the cartridge to an AT100E made a significant difference in sound and would highly recommend anyone who purchases this TT to do the same.
on April 26, 2017
Easy to setup with the provided instructions, audio quality is exceptional so far (day one as of the writing of this review.) This was an upgrade from an Audio-Technica LP60. I'm using an older receiver with an integrated phono pre-amp, so I can't comment on the quality of the integrated pre-amp in this turntable. I'm very happy choosing this over the Pro-Ject tables I was looking at, and the main reason was needing a quick adjustment between 33/45 RPM, getting that with Pro-Ject would have meant spending a lot more money.
on May 13, 2017
Sent it back for a refund. Even though I set it up properly I got horrible bass feedback and resonance through the tone arm to the point that I would have to turn my bass control on my receiver almost to zero to stop it which detracted from my listening experience. Gave it 2 stars because it looks good and has an auto stop feature. Purchased another manufacturers turntable (for the same price as this one) when I received my refund and have been totally pleased with it's performance.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2017
This is well worth the price. Nice to see a product show up better than promised. Took me less than 5 minutes to setup and this is my first nice record player. It makes my old records sound better. I had to turn off the pre amp for my old Pinoeer stereo. The record player is beautiful. You will be happy with your purchase. Just an update. It started slowing down. Retuning it after just 3 records. To bad because I loved it while it lasted.
on October 4, 2017
I've had this table for about three weeks and so far it has turned out to be exactly what I anticipated. I did have a little trouble with speed issues as you will see in other comments but once I burned the table in for 24 hours (as the manufacturer suggests) it corrected itself. Set-up was painless and packaging was very well done. The built in pre-amp (another reason for choosing this table) made it easy for immediate listening after set-up. This table has an amazing look and sounds as good as it looks. I decided on this table over the pro-ject DC and as of now I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
on April 26, 2017
At first I was getting this bad hum through the speakers so I had to move some stuff around because from my observation, the humming occurs when the turntable and each speaker was too close to each other so everything needed a good amount of space apart and the humming disappeared. Now I'm happy!
review image
on June 20, 2017
Although I can't claim to really be an audiophile, I would like to think I have a pretty good ear and to me this turntable marks the high point of music listening in my life up to this point. I can't recommend this enough; it is beautiful, and well made in addition to the amazing sound