Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 148 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 173 reviews
on October 11, 2011
What a useful tool! I can't say whether more expensive ones are better, or if cheaper ones are just as good, but I can say this one works and does incredibly useful jobs for me all the time.

I use it primarily in the kitchen. It tells me the temperature of pans before I put food in. It tells me the temperature of oil before I deep fry. It tells me the temperature of my kids hot chocolate before they complain.

I use it on the cars to check exhaust, brake, oil and coolant temperatures. I check temperatures of wheel bearings and hubs and it helps determine the types of lubricants, threadlockers, and paints to use. I use it to test A/C functions.

I use it in the home for HVAC operations, to test insulation and weather sealing. I use it to check bathwater temperatures.

I use it at the lake and river to check water temperatures during different seasons -- is it really that much colder? or is it my wetsuit?

I've used it to check my dog's temperature! It's not as accurate as a rectal one but I'd rather use this first and see if I really need to go there.

If I were to compliment this with an upgrade, I would go for one of the FLIR type cameras that show live IR video images. Those are coming down in price now and aren't too far out of reach of those of us who don't use it in our jobs/businesses. Getting a visual "map" of temperatures is useful, but it can be done to some degree with this simple thermometer if you just scan around methodically.
on February 25, 2014
I would have given this 5 stars had the instructions been in English. It was delivered in about a week, but I was a little nervous as there was no tracking as I found out after the fact that it came from Korea. The instructions are in Korean and I could not find any instructions on line in English. But I figured most it out and hopefully , the following will help the next person: There are four buttons you need to know--the trigger fires the infrared signal at the object you are trying to measure. The laser is a pointer--the laser is not what is measuring the temperature--it is merely just a pointer. The laser is on when you see the icon triangle with an asteric inside of it on the screen. You can put the laser pointer on or off by pressing the button with the universal laser icon(triangle with asteric inside.) this is the button on the left. The middle button toggles between centigrade and fahrenheit , and the button on the right lights up the screen so you can read the numbers in low light. There is a hold and scan which shows up on the screen but I am not sure how that works. It is interesting to see all the cold spots in the house etc. Also, we checked how hot the frying pan was , pizza stone and lots of things. Overall, very good for the price---but put the instructions in English please.--The only thing in English is a caution sticker on the device itself telling you not to stare into the laser beam.
on June 19, 2014
BUYER BEWARE!!!

I purchased the Fluke 62 Mini from Amazon in 2012 based on the positive reviews listed here. The FLUKE 62 Mini is the best of its class, very well made and reliable. 3 weeks ago, I went to my Amazon ORDERS Archive to review the original FLUKE 62 Mini pricing and I clicked "BUY IT AGAIN" to order 2 more. 15 Days later, this seller "bristlegrass" sent me a chinese knock-off branded AR550. Clearly these people are riding on the good name that FLUKE has built. They somehow hijacked all the good reviews for FLUKE 62 and profiting from it by selling these AR550 low quality infrared thermometers. DON'T BE FOOLED! I will be posting photos to compare.
review image review image review image
on February 3, 2013
This was bought for general household use, not commercial.
Saw a friend had one, so had to get one for us. At first, the others in the house laughed at me, but then one by one eveyone started using it, from baking, cooking, to temperatures outdoors. Now one of our beloved tools!

The FLUKE is high quality. I passed up the cheaper ones for the Fluke due to past positive experience with Fluke products. So far no remorse over spending a little more, well worth it
on January 20, 2012
Well, will wonders ever cease. Ordered this item and was assigned an expected delivery date of Monday Jan 23. Upon my return home at noon today, I checked the mail, and the Fluk 62 Mini was in the mail box (three days early).....HURRAY.

I played with Fluke 62 Mini some, checking the digital thermostat, and other thermometers in and outside the house. I was pleased to see that the Fluke 62 Mini demonstrated they all coincided to each other. I feel like a happy Fluke 62 owner.
on February 9, 2017
Idon't even remember buying this... Must have bought and gifted it... I have a Fluke Branded one that I love...
on November 25, 2011
I purchased this for use in a computer data center. We've been using it since early 2008 and it works flawlessly. Point and shoot and you get an accurate temperature of the designated spot (noted by red laser dot). Hold down the trigger and the measurements continue. It does what it is supposed to do. The case is plastic and it does feel somewhat cheap in your hand. However, Fluke makes great products in my opinion. This product does exactly what I need it to do and it has held up well over the years. I would caution anyone intending to use it in an environment where it may receive shock to the body but that is just a concern I have that can't be validated at this time. The screen is easy to read with a decent sized font. I don't believe the LCD has a backlight which could be the only thing I can think of that may come in handy depending on the environment. I would purchase this again along with other Fluke products.
on November 12, 2014
I bought this instrument to see where my heat loss was going in my home. Turns out the contactor had not insulated good enough around my windows. All you have to do is point and click and you know instantly what is going on. This little joule can give you the instant temperature of almost any thing. I had a wheel bearing going down on my boat trailer. After pulling the boat far enough to get it hot I just compared it with the other side and saved my self a big head ache on a lonely road some where. I have used it to do so many jobs that my wife thinks I am playing.
on January 22, 2013
I bought the Fluke because it advertised a "best in class accuracy of 1% of reading", so I was expecting for example +/-0.75 deg F of accuracy at a 75 deg F reading. The documentation that comes with it spells out the actual details of 1% or 2 deg F, whichever is greater, so the accuracy is really no better than other brands that were less expensive. I was duped by the false claims, and paid double over other brands that would have been just as good. I'll probably keep it just because it is not worth the hassle of returning it and getting another one.
on November 25, 2013
This little thing works great and I use it all over the house for all kinds of things. I use it to check the temp. of the surfaces of pans/pots/griddles. The inside of the oven. The inside of my grill. A few months ago a circuit board in my fridge went out and I had no idea if the fridge was still working correctly or not. I used this device to check the temp of the fridge/freezer periodically until my parts came in, to assure me that my food wouldn't spoil.

This is one of those devices that I never knew I needed until I got one, but now I can't imagine not having it! That might be because I'm a tech-head and an engineer, but still.......