Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Fluke 87V/E2 Industrial Electrician Combo Kit
Style: 87V/E2 Combo Kit|Change

on October 26, 2017
The best all around digital multimeter. You know every reading is correct and accurate. It'll take allot for anyone to outgrow or find this beast obsolete or lacking. If you're a DIYer consider it as an investment you'll grow into and something that'll reward you over and over again. If you're a professional you really shouldn't settle for less. Its a tank, I beat mine and schlep it everywhere daily. From installing a simple light fixture, to fixing an appliance, to diagnosing a furnace, checking a car sensor, to getting a boiler to run, I don't second guess it. In the trenches of diagnosing and digging into problems you can lean on the 87. With a wide array of probes and accessory there's not much it can't do.
review image
on March 16, 2015
Probably the gold standard in portable multimeters. I've never had an issue with it, and have high confidence in measurements. I'd like to see a lower burden voltage in the uA range. I get around that with an external shunt and op-amp and measure in the mV range, but I shouldn't have to add $5 in parts to make a $400 meter work properly. I also think that 9V batteries should be done for -- they're expensive to replace and have significantly less capacity than a pair of AA. I think the 28 II improved on the battery configuration.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on October 23, 2017
I've been in electrician for 13 years. Then through a couple of testers. Because of cheaply made and people stilling them. However this is the best tester I have ever had I do not let it out of my sight
on October 14, 2017
My only complaint is with the included probes - they feel cheap. I soon replaced them with a Pomona 5519A D mm Test Lead Set for Most Fluke, Wavetek, Hp and Tek Meters (Pack of 2)

Fluke should really include better probes with their high-end handheld DMM!
on October 3, 2013
I bought this multimeter from a review in addition to my MAS830L, just as a spare.

You can see the reason why this meter is priced so much higher than the cheapies at Source/RadioShack and most other places. The reason is safety, safety, safety. First of all, the meter is built solid with dial movements not feeling cheap. The review I've seen showed the internals having excellent quality fuses and circuit construction for safety. The jacks give audible warning so you don't plug it into the wrong jack, and they are shown to be built well. It has a backlit display that has 2 brightness levels and actually stays on, with even lighting over the display.

I plan to work in 110V AC lines, so I don't want to get injured by playing with a low quality instrument. The good construction and sound safety fundamentals assure me that the equipment won't be the weak part. The price isn't low, but you are getting quality out of it, and it'll last many years.

And that's all you want, isn't it?
2 helpful votes
on July 15, 2014
This is a high quality multimeter. It comes with a thermocouple and reads temperature as a bonus. Accurate and designed with safety in mind. Presumption is you understand its uses or you wouldn't be considering its purchase.

What are its uses? A few years ago my mother in law was having trouble with lights flickering whenever she used her microwave. I took home my multimeter (my previous model). I expected to find a failing plug or whatever. I checked the voltage and sure enough it was dropping when the microwave ran. I checked voltages back at the breaker and not only was voltage dropping, for some circuits it was spiking to about 150 volts! A little thought and I diagnosed (correctly) there was a problem with the neutral wire from the power company. I called them and they corrected the problem at no cost to her. A few years later I experienced a similar situation with a similar outcome at my daughter's home.

I carry my multimeter with me whenever I can when I visit relatives. I'm better at fixing electrical problems than plumbing problems anyway!
on August 17, 2016
Superb 4-1/2 digit DVM.
I bought it with Amazon's NIST traceable calibration certificate, but, after doing my own performance checks (using Fluke 8846 DVM, Fluke 5200 AC calibrator, and DP8200) it turns out that the certificate is a waste of money because (in my opinion) the instrument quality is better than that of the cal lab.
This instrument is intended for industrial use. I bought it for general purpose use as well as for electronic test use. For use in electronic testing, you should probably invest in a set of probes that are more suitable than those supplied with the instrument.
22 comments|Report abuse
on March 26, 2017
this private seller sent me this stuff fast and completely as described
I did not get time to recheck all the function yet but i believed all functions
works accurately

Thank
on October 22, 2011
I've just purchased The Fluke 87V/E2. This is a great meter and shipping only took two days. I am an industrial electrician and this meter will be a great tool in my line of work. The only thing that I wished that it came with is TP1 probes.They make it possable to reach into recepticals and twist lock plus. They send the TP38 probes in the kit, which only protrude less than 1/8" from the insulation, which will not reach into recepts. I'm lucky because my other fluke has the TP1 (flat blades), that saves me $20.00. I also own the Fluke 123 scope meter which is also a great tool, but its size and short battery life make it a bit harder to use in the plant. The Fluke 87V also has a filter to make accurate measurements on the load side of VFD's which is a big plus. Fluke products are pricey compaired to other meters out there, but when it comes to your safety is worth it when working with high voltages, it is well worth the price. I also have the Fluke i1010 clamp AMP meter which works well with both meters in my arsenal.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on April 18, 2017
Very good multipurpose meter. Amps, miliamps, microamps, volts A/C and D/C, capacitance to 10,000 Mfd., temperature and more. It is heavy, in a good way, feels well built.