Fluval 407 Performance Canister Filter 120Vac
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
- The 07 series features new engineering solutions that work cohesively to produce a fluent operation that is up to 25% quieter than before
- Depending on the model selected, the 07 Series generates between 145 - 383 US Gal/h (550-1, 450 L/h) of constant pumping power and pressure that endures over time
- 07 filters are big on power, yet small on energy consumption. The 107 and 207 models, for example, draw as little as 10 watts of electrical energy, which is EQUIVALENT TO A SINGLE HOUSEHOLD LED LIGHTBULB!
- The 07 Series features several new design refinements that reduce the effort and time involved for maintenance, so you can spend more time enjoying your aquarium, and less time working it
- The 07 Series utilizes every square inch of available canister volume, and positions media resourcefully to maximize media space in a compact footprint
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The All-New 07 Series marks the 7th incarnation in nearly 4 decades of Fluval's top selling canister filter family worldwide. Not only does the latest generation incorporate the power and reliability you've come to expect from the leader in aquatic filtration, but it also features several new performance upgrades that make it up to 25% quieter and more robust, energy-efficient, flexible and easier to use than ever before.
Size: 10.8 LB
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Use as intended on packaging
Compare with similar items
Fluval 307 Perfomance Canister Filter
Fluval Zeo-Carb, 150 Gram, 3-Pack Nylon Bags
Penn-Plax Cascade 700 Canister Filters
Penn-Plax Cascade 700 Canister Filters
|Sold By||Monster Pets||Monster Pets||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||0.39 x 0.39 x 0.39 inches||0.39 x 0.39 x 0.39 inches||2.60 x 4.40 x 6.20 inches||17.00 x 11.50 x 10.00 inches||20.50 x 11.50 x 12.00 inches|
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Just set this one up to replace a model (404) that was 10 years old and my client was complaining of the noise it was making. Instead of replacing the impeller, shaft, and impeller cover which would have probably helped, we decided to upgrade because of the age of the filter and improvements of a model that is three generations newer.
There is a lot of marketing fluff on the Fluval page on what the new features are with this generation. But below are the noticeable improvements for someone thinking about upgrading.
-They have made the canister itself more robust by reinforcing the bottom corners, they have improved the aquastop valve opening mechanism (but it otherwise seems unchanged).
-The impeller cover seems the same from the 06 series (which has been the best improvement over the old 04/05 series that were always breaking a tab). The new pull out for the media baskets is nice as they all come out and go back in at once.
-The filter is noticeably quieter than previous models, its extremely quiet, but not dead silent. I was hoping they would convert over to DC operation on this new generation as that's the route most aquarium return pumps seem to be going.
Overall I think this is a good upgrade from the 05 and below series, but if you have an 06 series, you're really not getting too much out of the new model.
If you are setting up a new tank and don't have any filter, it is an excellent choice. As mentioned before these filters have some history behind them, and with each improving generation they have became more powerful, reliable, easier to maintain, and quieter. If I am using a canister filter on a new aquarium setup for a client these or the fluval FX series are my go to filter.
If I start to see any issues with this new 07 series I will update my review in the future.
And now the pros: The shippers contacted me and sent a new body. Thanks guys! The 407 is greatly quieter than the 406, both the sound of the pump and noise created from vibration I can only hear if I put my ear on top of the 407. The pump to fill the canister with water is so much easier to use, I could feel the suction putting water inside, wheras the 406 felt flimsy and kept air inside the canister. The handle for the main media stack is a great feature, though I still have to aadd all the filter media I want.
I am running this filter on a 55 gallon tank my once weekly water changes are now being done every two weeks and I’m having no issues nitrate nitrate and ammonia seem to be on the control the media that the filter comes with is pretty good . But I did swipe out the bio rings it came with for bio-home ultimate media .
Fluval is one of the few brands moving forward instead of back. Good for them. If you want to avoid micro bubbles do the following on Fluval filters:
Make sure to tighten the “in” hose to the connector well and lube the main gasket with lots of silicone grease. DON’T OVERFLOW THE TRAYS WITH MEDIA. This is a big one, maybe the main reason. Mine sucked air until I realized the matrix was stopping too much flow which makes the filter work too hard and therefore make micro bubbles. Let the filter expel air naturally don’t mess with it! (it could take 6 hours for all air to escape) these filters never need tilting to purge. They seem to find a good balance on their own. Then just clean the filter out every three or four months and the main gasket will last the whole year or longer. (They compress over time and will eventually leak if not changed yearly.). If you follow these rules you will have found the best filter in the world for tanks up to 55 gallons. I would go with the Fx series for 55 and over if you want to reduce nitrates with media.
Top international reviews
Now, here's what you MUST do to get the best performance possible from it:
Watch PondGuru's Video on the 406/207 filters and follow his instructions.
It's what I've done and with the media he suggests and some floating frogbit, my nitrates never go above 5ppm with water changes every 10 days!
- Filterkörbe haben jetzt eine Halterung
- die Ansaugfunktion funktioniert deutlich einfacher
- der Griff für die Ansaugung ist robuster
- der Pumpenkopf ist erheblich leichter abzumachen
- Gummifüße für Geräuschdämmung
- mitgelieferte Filtermedien (schon seit dem ich fluval Kunde bin)
- schönes Montageset für die Schläuche
- ah ja der geriffelte Schlauch, schon immer umstritten in der Community. Einziger Nachteil der mir aufgefallen ist: wenn er zu oft mechanisch beansprucht wird, kann er leichter Risse entwickeln, als Gummi Schläuche.
- ich finde den Filter persönlich noch ein wenig zu laut (Ich hatte Filter mit deutlich stärkeren Pumpenleistungen, die ruhiger liefen)
- mehr gibt's eigentlich wirklich nicht zu meckern, im allgemeinen ist der Filter wirklich gut und ich bin sehr zufrieden mit ihm.
406. Las cestas con mucha capacidad