Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 16, 2016
If it weren't for *one* serious defect, these would be my all-time favorite sunglasses. I've bought no less than 5 of these sunglasses over the last several years, and keep a pair in all of my vehicles, etc. I love them, almost.

The problem is that every single pair has developed scratches on the inside (none at all on the outside). I wondered for a long time how this could be - I even bought microfiber bags and swore to only store them in nice bags. Still they scratched.

It took me forever to realize that the scratches perfectly line up with the arms of the sunglasses. When you fold the glasses up, the tips of the arms touch the insides of the lenses in the middle. Over time, the arms eventually leave a significant number of light scratches in the middle of the lenses (see photos - all five pairs I own look like this).

Bottom line - if you ever keep your sunglasses in your pocket, even if you keep them in a soft pouch, expect them to eventually be ruined.

Flying Fisherman - Please change the design to make the tips of the arms softer than the inside of the lenses. I'd pay 2x as much for this one simple change - and then these would last forever!

Edit: I'm adding another star because these really are inexpensive. After a bit of testing, I've decided that standard heat-shrink tubing seems to be softer than the arms and doesn't scratch the lenses as easily. I'm going to buy another pair and heat-shrink the ends of the arms to see if I end up with less scratching. Still, I'm annoyed.
review image review image review image review image
on March 1, 2016
I used to buy expensive sunglasses. Then I'd break or lose them and feel bad. I got my first pair of Flying Fisherman glasses with amber lenses a few years ago, and that's all I've bought since. I lose about one pair a year, and immediately get back on Amazon to order a new pair. The price is great, and the quality and fit of the glasses is perfect for me. I live in Oregon, so it's cloudy most of the year. The amber lenses are perfect for when it's too bright to go without sunglasses, but not bright enough to see with super dark sunglasses. They fit the bill year-round.
review image
I bought these sunglasses back in November of 2016. I have been extremely impressed by their consistent performance since the day I bought them. These have some of the best polarization I've ever seen. I have much more expensive fishing sunglasses that don't get the kind of water penetration that these do. They're extremely light weight and very comfortable. I wear them for 12 to 14 hours on days I fish and haven't had any rubbing or hot spots on my face for sides of my head or ears. They almost amplify light when looking into the water. My wife constantly calls dibs on these when we hit the stream. I also wear them for driving or general outdoor usage. I need to buy a case for them so they can last for years to come. I also like that you can remove the lenses easily from the frames so that both can be easily cleaned.
All of this quality for less than $20. Who would've thought, right? I'll never buy fishing sunglasses in a box store again. I'll look to Flying Fisherman for my fishing optics first from now on.
on January 20, 2017
They may not be the prettiest sunglasses ever made, but if you drive a lot, you need these. Really makes a big difference in visibility while driving in rain/snow/fog. I won't win any beauty contests when wearing these, but I will be 1) Comfortable, 2) Safer, and 3) Happier.
Very nice for those that like to fish or go boating as well, as the glare from the water is all but gone.

This is my 3rd pair as the first 2 got snagged by the significant other for work and her car.
on March 26, 2017
I've owned this pair of glasses for three years. I've hunted all over Arizona and some in Colorado and these are hands down the absolute best hunting glasses. They are perfect for early morning, dusk, and in cloud cover to enhance and brighten low light situtations. I was concerned they wouldn't be enough shade on really bright days here in AZ but with a hat they are perfect. They also fit perfectly, I have a large head and they fit very snug. I've worn them sweating profusely up and down mountains, in cold temps in the 30s and as hot as 110s and they stay snug and comfortable all the time. I highly recommend these for any hunter, you will not be disappointed and the price is amazing. Good luck.
on January 3, 2017
These are my favorite sunglasses!
I broke my Smith sunglasses and couldn't afford/justify $100 for a new pair, so I got these thinking I'd wear them until I saved enough. I earmarked the savings for something else after a week.
I have a small face- these fit great without squeezing and don't bounce around when running. They are also nice and light so I don't get a pressure headache from them, like I have from some heavier fashion sunglasses.
The polarization is great for driving- I even wear them in the rain as they cut down glare without compromising vision.
I wear these for running, biking, driving,... just about anything where I am outside.
on April 17, 2017
I really think they're more like a 4.5, and only miss 5 because of having lost nose pads off my most recent pair. I've actually bought 4 of these Mavericks in recent years because I've not found anything out there that works any better while still being so reasonably priced. These things wrap around your face in a way that protects your eyes from sunlight and glare extremely well. Over the past several years I lost one pair, discarded one pair because I allowed the lenses to get excessively scratched due to negligence on my part, am currently wearing pair number three and have pair number four in reserve. I won't be without these anytime I'm outside during the day. They're lightweight and so are great for all activities, and I especially appreciate them in extreme glare or when driving. And, I've found Flying Fisherman to be responsive and to stand behind their product. I will continue to buy sunglasses from this company and to recommend them to others.
on June 1, 2016
The frame is a little too lightweight for my preference and feels somewhat cheaply made compared to the $15 sunglasses I usually buy at the drug store. However, the view through the polarized lenses is impressive. I've never owned a pair of polarized sunglasses before so I have nothing to compare it too but the ability to block the harshness of the sun and show things brightly is amazing. Haven't taken them fishing yet but will be doing so at the end of the month. Looking forward to it.

P.S. I was hoping they could double as my driving sunglasses but it's going to take some getting used to the amber-colored world as seen through these glasses. For driving, I prefer the traditional lens for now.
on November 1, 2015
These are a good pair of glasses and actually protect your eyes very well, but the reason im giving them a 3 out of 5 is because the glasses arrived to my house in a damaged package and the glasses themselves were also damaged. There was a decent size crack on the right side lens, you cant really notice it when you're wearing them but you can definitely see the crack if you're not wearing them or if you're wearing them and someone is talking to you. One thing that is really just my opinion and really isn't bad about the product is that the lens on the glasses aren't permanently in there and its annoying when you're trying to quickly clean them and get back to work and you accidentally slip one out and you drop it and you have to clean it again then put it back in. If i were to get a replacement for these i can easily bump that to a five stars because i really like the product but it was damaged when i received it.
on September 2, 2011
I'll admit the frames are obviously not the highest grade of materials. For luxury frames, you'll need to spend a few more dollars. But, these frames are very lightweight and quite comfortable. What impresses me most is the quality of the polarized lenses. These are the real thing! The clarity is remarkable and I now realize that "polarized" lenses in drugstore sunglasses are inferior. After only a few seconds in bright sunlight, I honestly cannot tell I'm even wearing them. They deliver a literally flawless field of view and provide crisp image definition. I can only hope they remain unscratched, because I really feel like I scored with this purchase!
11 comment| 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.