The Flying Scissors
Documentaries have proven themselves strange enough that the premise of mockumentary "The Flying Scissors" -- a rock-paper-scissors competition, presented a la the real-life "Spellbound"; or "Wordplay"; -- seems like a stretch and a half in the direction of manufactured weirdness. Still, good execution of a lame idea is better than lame execution of a good idea, and this low-budget comedy turns out to be a showcase for an attractive cast, which will likely draw more biz on homevid than in theatrical release. Having played the college circuit, the pic begins a limited run today in New York. --Variety
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was able to catch a screening in New York and spent about 95% of the time laughing (the other 5% I was catching my breath). This movie is smart, fun, funny, self-aware, quick, quirky and most importantly: memorable. The actors were simply outstanding. None of them are famous but they're all "the guy from such and such" and they do a really wonderful job of hitting jokes, seeming genuine and interacting with each other.
So if you're needing an Arrested fix or really like Rock Paper Scissors, check out the movie.