BCA Month Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Dirty Heads PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on March 30, 2011
Denise Hildreth Jones has written a beautifully encouraging book, based on her personal journals written in the months following the end of her 15-year marriage. While I have not personally gone through such a situation, I have many dear friends who have (and several who are right now). Regardless of the situation, the pain seems to be universal.

I ordered 5 copies...one for myself and four for my friends going through divorce. I gave them their copies without pre-reading the book because I knew that Denise would write with honesty and wisdom, and that her testimony of God's healing would ultimately be redemptive. I was absolutely right. I read the book and found myself in tears in several passages, just because of the raw vulnerability with which Denise wrote her account. Each woman who received the books from me has mentioned how much it has impacted her and how much encouragement she has received upon reading it.

I would highly encourage this book for anyone who is going through, or has been through, a divorce, separation, or really any dark season of the soul. I believe you'll find Denise's words to be life-giving and that you'll find hope for your own situation within her testimony of God's faithfulness.
on January 5, 2011
This book has been such a blessing to me. My 32 year old daughter was killed by a drunk driver on 8/18/07. If it hadn't been for my God, my family & my church family, I don't know how I would have survived. Although I have never blamed God, I have questioned why. Denise went through so many of the same emotions I experienced. I have not approached it in the same way she did. She has helped me see how much I need to get closer to the Lord. It would be so easy to just go into a deep depression. This book is just so awesome. Once you start reading it, you won't be able to put it down. Trust me, it's not only for people going through divorce. No matter what storm you are going through, it will be a help to you. Thanks, Denise, for opening my eyes to focus on God!!!
on February 4, 2011
I fell in love with Denise's writing when I read the Savannah books. I found out about this book on her blog and purchased it. I am not contemplating divorce; but being a pastor's wife I minister to many who are or are walking through it. I was touched by the vulnerability expressed in this book. There were many places I could apply what she said about loss and grieving to other areas in my life. I am recommending this book to my ladies in my church. I feel they will be helped by reading what someone else has walked. I also appreciate the practical steps given in each chapter to apply healing to the journey. Lastly, I felt like it gave me a window into what people who are divorced have walked through so that I will be able to pray and love them compassionaltely during their time. I am thankful Denise had the courage to write this book.
on March 18, 2013
I was struggling with all the other divorce books that start out with telling you everything will be okay from the get-go. No one who is going through divorce feels like things will ever be okay again. I'm only 4 months in to my process personally, but having Denise speak so openly and honestly about the pain and devastation that divorce brings and all that it makes you question about life and yourself makes you feel normal and that how you are feeling isn't just you. Recommend for every woman who experiences divorce! Thank you Denise Hildreth-Jones!!!
on January 8, 2011
I never cease to be amazed at Denise's transparency and willingness to allow her readers into her heart. This is a beautiful, at times heart-wrenching, window into Denise's experience and God's presence. I highly recommend this books for anyone going through a divorce, or any life-changing event. It is phenomenal!
on March 24, 2014
I could identify with her journey after a divorce as so many people can. This is a day by day, month by month of Denise's story that just lets you know that other people feel and act like you did after a divorce. All of her emotions, actions and feelings are honest and real. Helpful book to many who are walking this out now or have in the past.
on March 3, 2014
Thank you, Denise, for sharing your journey. You put into words so many emotions and thoughts that I have experienced but have not been able to put into words. Thank you for letting me know that I am not the only one who feels this way. God Bless You!
on February 9, 2011
What a precious gift Denise has given us. Not only has she allowed us to see her pain so intimately, she has shown us how beautifully the Lord delivered her from her pain. What an inspiration this book is! You don't have to be going through a divorce to be touched by the journey she has taken from brokeness to healing. It will truly give you hope for whatever trials you are going through, drawing you closer to God with every page turned.
on November 17, 2015
This book might be helpful to some but if you are a woman going through divorce without children or a family (parents) to be there for you this book will only depress you more.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2011
How can one describe a book that you know has changed your life forever?.. I picked up this book, to read over the Christmas holidays, as I have read other books by Denise and knew I would love it. It was a divine appointment. Through tears, I read the trails and heart of a woman's journey through pain and loss, all the while running and hiding in the shelter of her Lord, refusing to become bitter.Pouring her heart, her pain, her fears , out to God as if he was her best and closest friend. I cried as she cried , I rejoiced as she rejoiced. I was in awe of her family that supported her so beautifully, and the friends that kept her close. I rejoiced when God so richly rewarded her faithfulness. I was so impressed that she shared her story with such reality, yet with integrity. This book made me realize that when life hurts, be it through divorce, death, disappointment or loss of any kind, you are not alone. After reading this book , I made it my New Year's resolution to "practice the presense of God in my life" each moment, to run to Him and know that I am never alone, to trust Him in all things, and seek Him first.

This book brings healing and hope to all who feel lost or lonely or confused about the next step in their lives. This book made me want to be a better parent, a better friend and brought healing and change to my own life. It also showed me that it is so easy to loose yourself in your world , but God calls us to be ourselve and to honor Him in all things, even our anger and pain.

Thank you Denise, for sharing your heart and pouring out your pain for all of us to see, so we can know that God is there with open arms to hold us and heal us when we are feeling lost and lonely, for showing us how to cling to Him when we feel like our life has fallen apart. But most of all , thank you for being real and a true woman of faith.