Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on July 30, 2013
The game is OK. It could be great except for these issues:
1. The game quickly gets SLOOOW - even on quad core Xeons with 12GB RAM. Over 100k residents and it lags all over the place.
2. The road design is annoying as hell. For some reason, it snaps roads based on the middle of the road. So you can never upgrade a road by say, knocking down a row of houses and laying a bigger road. No, it won't connect - you have to demolish the entire neighboorhood and start over.
3. Achievements seemingly come rapid fire and seem almost seizure inducing when they fly up in a stuttering manner because of 1.

If they fixed those things, I'd probably give this 5 stars because it could be soo much fun.
on March 25, 2013
After waiting since SimCity 4 and purchasing the new SimCity to experience the total mess of the launch of the game and finally playing the new SimCity, I was very disappointed. So much so, I returned the game during the server nightmare and went to search for another city simulator. I came across Cities XL did some research and decided to try it out. Aside from all the reviews about the bugs (I have yet to experience) this city simulator is a nice new direction from SimCity and has been fun so far. The big pluses are it has no DRM and you can actually play this game. Cities XL does not seem dumbed down like the new SimCity (or should I say SimCity Societies 2.0?). The Maps are huge and developing your city takes different planning steps than the SimCity planning I had been used to. You can learn by trial and error or use the tutorials. If you are tired of fighting the $60 SimCity mess, try this one out. For half the price, you actually get to build large cities and play a game. Not wait in queues or wait on servers to not be busy or full.
on June 27, 2014
Let me first say that I've been a huge fan of SimCity since the original. I still have most of them too. The newest version though, cripples the game. That's when I started looking for viable alternatives. I found the various versions of Cities XL, and liked what I saw. This game already allows you to do so many things that SimCity couldn't even do before. I won't say the game is perfect, even SimCity isn't perfect. But as a cost effective alternative to how much SimCity is getting it wrong, I love this game. Now to learn how to play it well.
on October 17, 2014
I used to love Sim city but the newest games scared me away. This is the perfect replacement game because it does everything Sim city did and more. Great graphics and great game play.
on February 15, 2015
It's alright. The trading system is broken and the graphics make even my more high end computer stutter a lot.
on April 9, 2013
This is a great building game... if you like simulation games like Simcity, you'll like this. I acyually like this better than the newest Simcity 5!
on June 4, 2013
I originally thought this game was great, but after trying to play it, I realize that it's way too difficult to control with a standard mouse.
on June 30, 2013
Hreat game, huge plots, but gameplay is a little slow (depending on computer specs). Check it out online and on forums. Overall, great product!
on September 18, 2013
My son loves it. He seems to enjoy this type of game instead of regular video games and apps. Thanks.
on September 16, 2014
It can't link to very well
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.