Focusrite Clarett 8Pre
- Eight Clarett Mic Pres - lots of gain, low noise and distortion, extra headroom for instruments - 'Air' effect switches in an analog model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre - dedicated phantom power, phase reverse, and high pass filters on every channel
- Exceptionally low latency over Thunderbolt - record and monitor with DAW plug-ins in real-time; precision digital 24/192 conversion and up to 119dB dynamic range - front panel metering
- Full I/O complement - 18-in/20-out, featuring S/PDIF, ADAT I/O, MIDI I/O, and word clock out - dual headphone outputs , Compatible : macOS sierra Mac 10.11 Mac 10.10 Mac 10.9 windows 10 windows 8.1
- Included software - Focusrite Control software mixer, Red 2 & Red 3 AAX, AU & VST Plug-in Suite, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, choice of one free XLN Addictive Keys virtual instrument,monthly software plug-in offers from Focusrite’s Plug-In Collective via download
- Focusrite iOS Control now available - download the free Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch; Mac compatible, offering stable, reliable operation and Windows compatibility in beta; 2-year limited warranty on manufacturing defects
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More to consider from our brands
Exclusive items from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Better. Faster. Easier.
Focusrite's 18-in/20-out Clarett 8Pre combines 8 mic preamps, class-leading digital conversion and extra-low round-trip latency. Clarett's specially designed low-noise, low-distortion mic pre features 'Air', an effect that models the sound of Focusrite's renowned ISA transformer-based preamps.
Eight New Clarett Mic Pres with Extra 'Air'
The mic pres have been designed especially for the Clarett range, with plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion. In addition, they include a special 'Air' feature that switches in an analog model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre. Instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle the loudest pickup.
Intuitive, Easy to Use Software Mixer and Sweet Sounding Plug-ins
Focusrite Control is a brand new software mixer designed for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers a traditional mixer workflow and allows immediate access to internal hardware functions. Also included is a sweet sounding plug-in collection comprising Softube's world-class Time and Tone Bundle, with TSAR-1R Reverb, Tube Delay and Saturation Knob. This is complemented by the Red 2 and Red 3 AAX, AU and VST Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrite's classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
Enough Channels for the Band
18 audio inputs and 20 outputs within a 1U rack space, including eight analog inputs, 10 analogue outputs, stereo S/PDIF I/O and eight channels of ADAT I/O. The ADAT ports are ideal for sending audio to an external D/A for line output expansion, or adding eight channels of digital mic pre.
Compare with similar items
Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB 18-In/20-Out Audio Interface
Focusrite Clarett OctoPre with 8 Air-Enabled Mic Pres and 8 Analog Inputs, 8-Channel 24-Bit/192kHz A-D/D-A
Roland UA-1610 STUDIO-CAPTURE 16-input, 10-output Hi-speed USB Audio Interface
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface with Pro Tools | First
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Front Row Electronics||Amazon.com||Gigasonic||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||15.04 x 24.72 x 18.82 inches||19.00 x 11.46 x 1.73 inches||18.98 x 11.26 x 1.75 inches||11.20 x 6.40 x 3.50 inches||7.40 x 9.02 x 2.48 inches|
Designed for the project studio that needs plenty of I/O, Focusrite’s 18-in, 20-out Clarett 8Pre combines eight newly-designed Clarett mic preamps with class-leading digital conversion, and extraordinarily low round-trip latency. The new Clarett mic pre offers superbly low noise and distortion, plus the switchable Air effect that models the sound of Focusrite’s renowned ISA transformer-based preamps. Instrument inputs offer extended headroom to suit the loudest guitar pickup, while gain controls employ a special law that makes changes smoother and more precise. For easy access even when rack mounted, the compact (1U) Clarett 8Pre includes combination mic/line/instrument inputs on the front panel. Also on the front panel are two independently controlled headphone outputs with enough level to drive even high impedance headphones to provide suitable monitoring levels. The Clarett 8Pre includes precision Focusrite digital audio conversion with up to 118dB (A/D) / 119dB (D/A) dynamic range. This is combined with an astonishingly low round-trip latency - making it possible to monitor recordings in real time via effects plugins on the DAW such as reverberation. The metering and monitoring panel provides ten 6-segment LED meters covering analog and digital inputs and monitor levels, with a monitor level control knob plus mute and dim buttons. Word Clock output is provided, allowing the Clarett 8Pre to provide the master clock for the system. A new software mixer, Focusrite Control, is easily configured for monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, it offers a traditional mixer workflow and allows immediate access to internal hardware functions. Every Clarett also includes the Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrite’s classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware. Download the free Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes created with the Focusrite Control desktop app remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Please note: the Clarett 8Pre requires a Thunderbolt enabled PC with Windows 8.1 or higher or a Mac with OS X 10.9 or higher. Thunderbolt cable not included.