Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $11.76 shipping
+ Free Shipping
[OLD MODEL] Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB Audio Interface
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Two award winning Focusrite microphone pre-amps
- Dual mic/line instrument inputs on combination XLR/TRS front-panel connectors
- Precision, quality conversion at up to 24-bit, 96kHz sampling
- Better than 105dB dynamic range on record and playback
- Includes an authorization code for Ableton Live Lite, Scarlett Plug-in Suite (RTAS/AU/VST), Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite (AAX/AU/VST), the Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Novation Bass Station, and 1GB of Loopmasters samples
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item [OLD MODEL] Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB Audio Interface
Steinberg UR22MKII 2-Channel USB Interface B017MVUAHM
Yamaha AG06 6-Channel Mixer/Interface B00TY8JFSC
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||4.1 x 11.3 x 7.8 in||9.2 x 8 x 4 in||8 x 12 x 12 in||9.3 x 9.5 x 4.7 in|
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 Audio Interface
Focusrite's Scarlett 2i4 is a 2 in/4 out USB audio interface featuring two award-winning Focusrite preamps and four high-quality audio outputs. Housed in an anodized aluminum unibody chassis, the Scarlett 2i4 is the perfect audio interface for musicians and digital DJs. Connect Scarlett 2i4 to your Mac or PC and get ready to make music. Since 1985, Focusrite has been a leading manufacturer in the professional audio field. Focusrite mic pres are the choice of leading artists, recording studios and engineers around the world. Those years of audio experience ensure the Scarlett 2i4 sounds as beautiful as it looks. With 4 RCA outputs, a high-level headphone output and pristine audio quality, in a package ready for the road, the Scarlett 2i4 is ideal for today's digital performers and laptop DJs.
Connect and Monitor Instrument Inputs for Recording
With the very best in digital audio technology and a variety of input and output options, the Scarlett 2i4 will capture and playback your sound with superb quality. The front panel has two combo XLR inputs so you can connect microphones, guitars and line level signals with absolute confidence that your sound is in safe hands. Use the 'Pad' function for loud guitars or microphones, and use the 'Direct Monitor' control for a low-latency mix of input and playback signals. Unique signal halos let you know that you've got a good audio level for recording. Green is good and red means that your audio is too loud, and that you should lower the level control.
High Quality Mic Preamps
Scarlett 2i4 features two high quality award-winning mic preamps. With more than 25 years of experience designing analog equipment, Focusrite produces the best mic preamps in the industry. With Scarlett 2i4, the best of analog and digital are combined to provide a class-leading input stage for your audio.
High Quality Outputs
With a dynamic range of over 105dB (real world performance), your music will sound amazing going out of Scarlett 2i4's professional digital to analog conversion, and into your DJ mixer, main speakers or headphones. On the back panel are Midi In and Midi Out ports providing connectivity to your synth modules and digital pianos.
Rugged Metal Unibody Case and Truly Portable Interface
The anodized aluminum unibody chassis ensures that your Scarlett 2i4 can withstand life on the road, and looks great in your setup. Scarlett 2i4 is very light and compact making it easy to fit in a laptop bag. It's also bus powered, meaning that you don't need an additional power supply. Simply plug in to your computer and hit record. The anodized aluminum unibody chassis ensures that your Scarlett 2i4 can withstand the harsh environment of the road. It also makes Scarlett 2i4 the most beautiful interface around.
Included DAW and Effects Software
Inside the box you'll find an authorization code for Ableton Live Lite (available via online download), as well as Focusrite's Scarlett plug-in suite and the Red 2 & Red 3 PlugIn Suite (AAX/AU/VST) upon registration of interface. Compatible with all major DAWs, Scarlett plug-in suite provides EQ, Compression, Gate and Reverb-essential tools for polishing your mix.
Which Scarlett Interface Is Right for You?
The Focusrite Scarlett series comes in a range of interface configurations. Use the chart to the left to compare models and find the right Scarlett for your recording needs.
Top Customer Reviews
The fact is this is a great unit. The switches are not flimsy at all unless you drop kick the unit into the wall. Then they are really flimsy. It's actually very solid. There is NO crackling, popping, noisy stuff going on AT all. Not on my setup. So if mine doesn't do it, why do theirs? Good question...if one of us gets it to work with no problems and buttons do not break on it (within reasonable knowledge, not babying it either) then it must be a user issue. No manufacturer can account for the myriad of different systems out there, I get that. But as a consumer of this unit I wonder why I am having a seamless time with this interface and these other people are not. If it had an inherent noise issue wouldn't it crackle and pop for me? If the knobs were flimsy wouldn't they be for me? If the monitor output didn't work wouldn't it not work for me?
They all do, and stellar. Hooked it up to my computer, my DAW read the ASIO drivers no problem and whamo... I am sure some of these users got bad units. But I am also certain it is user lack of knowledge on some of them as well.
In following the Amazon tradition, I will now be blamed by some as being a shill for the manufacturer, having stock in Focusrite or being married to the daughter of the founder. As much as I'd like to at least have the 2nd one (I don't know if the founder has a daughter to be honest) I cannot lay claim to any of these. But there is a 96.367% possibility someone will accuse me of that.
PS- Yes, you do have to download the drivers from the Focusrite website. I cannot express. I cannot convey. I cannot quite display to you how dang SIMPLE that process is! To say in one reviewers words "it is a pain" was side splittingly painful for me when I think of the future of humanity. How do some people eat? Thought I. How do some walk and talk at the same time? I now take my leave to ponder the meaning and evolution of life...
Buy it...it's great.
UPDATE 1/3/2016: Over 2 years and guess what? Still an awesome girl! I noticed this morning in fact (whilst doing my 50th podcast episode) how pretty, how sexy my red interface friend is. Her knobs, her lights, her sounds are all as perfect as the day I bought her. And this is with daily use and 6 albums later. I challenge any woman to be this way after 2 years of daily constant use. Oh Scarlett let me count the ways.....Ahhhhhhhhhh......
Having successfully played out with the 2i4 for four separate 5 hour-ish gigs, I'd like to share my thoughts on this product from the perspective of an in-the-club performer (rather than an in-the-studio producer or an on-the-stage musician).
1) The physical build quality on this thing is excellent. It feels good in the hands, sure, but the real test for me has been its performance on the road: on its second time out, I accidentally dropped it from about four feet off the ground. It survived that fall (with just a small ding on the metal casing) and proceeded to rock the house for the next several hours without a single hiccup. Oh, and it survived having half a beer spilled on it, too - though I wouldn't expect this kind of luck a second time.
2) This thing outputs plenty loud for almost any club environment you are likely to find yourself in. Also, I know some folks on here think the headphone output (the 1/4" jack in the front of the unit) isn't loud enough. Those folks are either noise junkies, have headphones with terrible isolation, or are suffering from some kind of hearing loss. Trust me: the headphone volumes are more than adequate for monitoring even in a loud club environment.
3) Not that my usual clientele (i.e. drunk dancers) really care or notice, but to my ear the sound quality seems pretty good. The lows come out punchy (not muddy) and the highs don't sound tinny, and that's really all I care about as far as my mixing is concerned.
4) Solid USB device drivers (I'm using a windows 7 machine): good latency, no audio stutters, and no dropouts. Enough said.
1) The large 'Monitor' dial on the front of the unit controls the output volume for lines 1/2 *ONLY IF* lines 1/2 are outputted via the balanced TRS (1/4") connectors on the back. If the the RCA connectors are used, the dial will do diddly squat. This is a limitation that is not well noted in the product description. (UPDATE: This is no longer an issue with the latest device drivers!)
2) The unit is a bit bulky/heavy for a traveling soundcard, but this is really just a personal quibble (I already have tons of kit to lug around). Heck - some might even think the larger size makes it look more "pro."
The 2i4 has met or exceeded all my needs as a DJ: it's sturdy, loud, and reliable. I can't speak to its value as a production tool (where the sound quality is the deciding factor), but as a performance tool I can't think of a better USB-based option on the market at this price point. Seriously, forget about those Native Instrument cards (s***ty drivers), and forget about those Numark cards (muddy dynamics) - just get the 2i4 and get on with the show.
Focusrite Saffire 6 - this was my first choice, but this one only has USB 1.0 which is not future proof and will soon be outdated.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - this is 2 in 2 out and it does not have MIDI control. I felt that I might get a MIDI controller one day so this wasn't going to work in the future. But it does have USB 2.0.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 - found this last minute, includes everything with MIDI Control and USB 2.0. A bit more expensive but exactly what I was looking for. It can also output 4 instead of 2. Recommend Scarlett over Saffire and only recommend this if you need MIDI.