Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "[OLD MODEL] Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB Audio Inter..." and save 40% off the $249.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
[OLD MODEL] Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB Audio Interface
|Price:||$149.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Two award winning Focusrite microphone pre-amps
- Dual mic/line instrument inputs on combination XLR/TRS front-panel connectors
- Precision, quality conversion at up to 24-bit, 96kHz sampling
- Better than 105dB dynamic range on record and playback
- Includes an authorization code for Ableton Live Lite, Scarlett Plug-in Suite (RTAS/AU/VST), Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite (AAX/AU/VST), the Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Novation Bass Station, and 1GB of Loopmasters samples
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 Audio Interface
Focusrite's Scarlett 2i4 is a 2 in/4 out USB audio interface featuring two award-winning Focusrite preamps and four high-quality audio outputs. Housed in an anodized aluminum unibody chassis, the Scarlett 2i4 is the perfect audio interface for musicians and digital DJs. Connect Scarlett 2i4 to your Mac or PC and get ready to make music. Since 1985, Focusrite has been a leading manufacturer in the professional audio field. Focusrite mic pres are the choice of leading artists, recording studios and engineers around the world. Those years of audio experience ensure the Scarlett 2i4 sounds as beautiful as it looks. With 4 RCA outputs, a high-level headphone output and pristine audio quality, in a package ready for the road, the Scarlett 2i4 is ideal for today's digital performers and laptop DJs.
Connect and Monitor Instrument Inputs for Recording
With the very best in digital audio technology and a variety of input and output options, the Scarlett 2i4 will capture and playback your sound with superb quality. The front panel has two combo XLR inputs so you can connect microphones, guitars and line level signals with absolute confidence that your sound is in safe hands. Use the 'Pad' function for loud guitars or microphones, and use the 'Direct Monitor' control for a low-latency mix of input and playback signals. Unique signal halos let you know that you've got a good audio level for recording. Green is good and red means that your audio is too loud, and that you should lower the level control.
High Quality Mic Preamps
Scarlett 2i4 features two high quality award-winning mic preamps. With more than 25 years of experience designing analog equipment, Focusrite produces the best mic preamps in the industry. With Scarlett 2i4, the best of analog and digital are combined to provide a class-leading input stage for your audio.
High Quality Outputs
With a dynamic range of over 105dB (real world performance), your music will sound amazing going out of Scarlett 2i4's professional digital to analog conversion, and into your DJ mixer, main speakers or headphones. On the back panel are Midi In and Midi Out ports providing connectivity to your synth modules and digital pianos.
Rugged Metal Unibody Case and Truly Portable Interface
The anodized aluminum unibody chassis ensures that your Scarlett 2i4 can withstand life on the road, and looks great in your setup. Scarlett 2i4 is very light and compact making it easy to fit in a laptop bag. It's also bus powered, meaning that you don't need an additional power supply. Simply plug in to your computer and hit record. The anodized aluminum unibody chassis ensures that your Scarlett 2i4 can withstand the harsh environment of the road. It also makes Scarlett 2i4 the most beautiful interface around.
Included DAW and Effects Software
Inside the box you'll find an authorization code for Ableton Live Lite (available via online download), as well as Focusrite's Scarlett plug-in suite and the Red 2 & Red 3 PlugIn Suite (AAX/AU/VST) upon registration of interface. Compatible with all major DAWs, Scarlett plug-in suite provides EQ, Compression, Gate and Reverb-essential tools for polishing your mix.
Which Scarlett Interface Is Right for You?
The Focusrite Scarlett series comes in a range of interface configurations. Use the chart to the left to compare models and find the right Scarlett for your recording needs.
Top customer reviews
Having successfully played out with the 2i4 for four separate 5 hour-ish gigs, I'd like to share my thoughts on this product from the perspective of an in-the-club performer (rather than an in-the-studio producer or an on-the-stage musician).
1) The physical build quality on this thing is excellent. It feels good in the hands, sure, but the real test for me has been its performance on the road: on its second time out, I accidentally dropped it from about four feet off the ground. It survived that fall (with just a small ding on the metal casing) and proceeded to rock the house for the next several hours without a single hiccup. Oh, and it survived having half a beer spilled on it, too - though I wouldn't expect this kind of luck a second time.
2) This thing outputs plenty loud for almost any club environment you are likely to find yourself in. Also, I know some folks on here think the headphone output (the 1/4" jack in the front of the unit) isn't loud enough. Those folks are either noise junkies, have headphones with terrible isolation, or are suffering from some kind of hearing loss. Trust me: the headphone volumes are more than adequate for monitoring even in a loud club environment.
3) Not that my usual clientele (i.e. drunk dancers) really care or notice, but to my ear the sound quality seems pretty good. The lows come out punchy (not muddy) and the highs don't sound tinny, and that's really all I care about as far as my mixing is concerned.
4) Solid USB device drivers (I'm using a windows 7 machine): good latency, no audio stutters, and no dropouts. Enough said.
1) The large 'Monitor' dial on the front of the unit controls the output volume for lines 1/2 *ONLY IF* lines 1/2 are outputted via the balanced TRS (1/4") connectors on the back. If the the RCA connectors are used, the dial will do diddly squat. This is a limitation that is not well noted in the product description. (UPDATE: This is no longer an issue with the latest device drivers!)
2) The unit is a bit bulky/heavy for a traveling soundcard, but this is really just a personal quibble (I already have tons of kit to lug around). Heck - some might even think the larger size makes it look more "pro."
The 2i4 has met or exceeded all my needs as a DJ: it's sturdy, loud, and reliable. I can't speak to its value as a production tool (where the sound quality is the deciding factor), but as a performance tool I can't think of a better USB-based option on the market at this price point. Seriously, forget about those Native Instrument cards (s***ty drivers), and forget about those Numark cards (muddy dynamics) - just get the 2i4 and get on with the show.
Out of the box it has a solid feel. The housing is made of brushed aluminum and looks very nice on the desk. The knobs feel solid and have just enough resistance for my taste. The pad and phantom voltage buttons illuminate red when activated and feel solid (notice a theme?)
The headphone amplifier is good enough to drive my 250ohm DT770 Pros with no additional amplification and no noticeable difference over a dedicated amp/dac. The live monitoring works well.
My AT-2020 sounds clear and crisp when plugged into the 2i4, noticeably clearer than the old M-Track.
Things to note:
This is NOT plug and play. You must install the drivers before windows will even acknowledge that it exists. That being said, I had no issues with the driver. I clicked install, it did its' thing and after a restart everything worked well with no further fiddling.
- Solid feeling construction and knobs
- Nice to look at
- Well functioning internals
- Clear inputs
- Quality headphone amplifier
- Not plug n' play
- uh, it won't make me sandwiches?
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB Audio Interface has exceeded my expectations. The ease of set-up and use makes this interface stand apart from others I have used. The drivers were loaded on my PC in a matter of minutes, and I had audio in and audio out. It is so easy to operate and took me only about 15 minutes to become familiar enough with it to begin using it. It came bundled with Ableton Live9 and other scarlet utilities and plug ins. I had to go to the Ableton website and use the key code provided with the interface, but it was a simple, hassle-free process that only took a few minutes to download everything. The Scarlett 2i4 has greatly enhanced my home studio set up, allowing me to blend a multi track hard disk recorder to DAW software - increasing my 16-bit technology and blending it into 24-bit when mastering. Love the helpful prompt lights around the gain knobs; green indicates everything is OK, while orange/red warns that audio is too loud and the level control should be lowered. The unit features 48 volt phantom power for use with microphones that require phantom powering. All in all - for the price, the performance and capabilities of the 2i4 is amazing. The chassis is durable, the unit compact, attractive, and completely portable; it requires no power supply, as it is powered up via the USB). Couldn't be happier with the purchase!
The only thing I can add that hasn't really been talked about (much) is that this also serves as an amazing external sound-card to play hi-resolution audio files. I listen to 96k/24-bit music and the clarity through the 2i4 is stunning with a good set of headphones. I am using Windows 10 and JRiver Media Center to play files. Works flawlessly. Was even watching "Hand of God" on Amazon Video the other night and the audio couldn't have been better.
I use Sennheiser 280 HD Pros as my cans - 64 ohm so perhaps if you have something that needs more juice your experience will be different. I doubt it, though. Just make sure you have the Direct Monitor dial set to playback.
I now use this as my exclusive sound-card. It is always plugged in!
Most recent customer reviews