Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.36 shipping
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface with Pro Tools | First
- Two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain; two instrument inputs, 1/4-inch balanced jack outputs to connect professional studio monitors; one headphone output with gain control
- Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit; super-low roundtrip latency for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP
- LIMITED TIME OFFER: FREE Venomode DeeQ, Maximal 2, and Pivot, plug-ins upon registration and download.
- Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite’s Red Plug-in Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, Choice of one free XLN Addictive Keys virtual instrument, all available via download upon purchase and registration
- Compatible with Windows 7 and higher, and Mac OS X 10.10 and higher. Frequency response - 20 Hz - 20 kHz ± 0.1dB. Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz. Focusrite now offers a 3-Year Warranty on this and all other Focusrite products.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Recording Made Easy
Two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain
Two instrument inputs designed for seriously hot pickups
Conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz/24-bit
Cue mix switching, with four analogue outputs
Perfect for Recording Two Mics at Once
Our compact and flexible 2-in, 4-out USB audio interface makes it easy to perform and record studio-quality audio against a cue mix. Take it anywhere, connect and power by USB and get two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps, super-low latency, MIDI I/O, four analogue outputs and the same sound quality and digital conversion as the rest of the Scarlett range.
Start Recording Today
Scarlett 2i2, CM25 large diaphragm condenser microphone, HP60 closed-back headphones, 3-meter / 10 ft. XLR mic cable, USB cable.
XLN Audio – Addictive Keys: one of four inspiring and interesting keyboard instruments.
Focusrite – Red Plug-in Suite: accurately models our classic Red 2 equalizer and Red 3 compressor.
Softube – Time and Tone Bundle: four of Softube's reverb, delay, mastering and distortion plug-ins.
Focusrite – Plug-in Collective: exclusive offers, tutorial content and more, from some of the most innovative and prestigious plug-in companies.
Ableton – Live Lite: music-making software.
Avid – Pro Tools - First Focusrite Creative Pack: music-making software.
Loopmasters: 2GB of royalty-free sample libraries.
|ADAT I/O||N||N||N||N||In Only||Y|
|Focusrite Control Software & Focusrite iOS Control||N||N||N||Y||Y||Y|
|Compatibility||Mac* / PC**||Mac* / PC**||Mac* / PC**||Mac* / PC**||Mac* / PC**||Mac* / PC**|
|*Compatible with Mac OSX 10.1 & above||**Compatible with Windows 7, 8.1, & 10|
Scarlett 2i2 is the best selling USB audio interface in the world, and for good reason. It focuses on just three things; achieving the best sound, the fastest speed and the easiest experience. Our latest generation continues to improve in all three areas. It is compact yet versatile, with two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps, super-low latency* and the same class-leading sound quality and digital conversion as the rest of the latest Scarlett range. Take it anywhere, connect by a single USB cable to a computer, plug two mics or instruments straight in, and easily record studio quality audio. Focusrite is the perfect partner for Pro Tools. To celebrate this Scarlett 2i2 now comes with an exclusive version of Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack, as well as Ableton Live Lite. It is compatible with all major DAWs, on Mac 10.10 onwards and PC windows 8.1 onwards . MIDI IO is not a feature of Scarlett 2i2; check out Scarlett 2i4 for all of the same features of the Scarlett 2i2 with the addition of MIDI I/O and increased control over audio levels.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. When you turn on phantom power it applies to both inputs so you cannot plug in a guitar and a condenser mic at the same time.
2. I am color blind (color deficient really) and having a single light that shows green when a signal comes through and red when it clips makes it hard for me to tell if it's clipping or just getting a good signal. I wish it had a single clip light that only flashed if clipping.
Otherwise, a great buy!
So we decided to go with xlr mics and use this device instead, my hope being that we could record 2 tracks at the same time without Garageband crashing.
Well, we gave it our first run yesterday and it worked like a dream through my iMac. BTW, we did NOT have to make a new midi aggregated device this time either. Just plugged it in, selected the 2i2 device in both the iMac system preferences and the Garageband preferences, then selected the 2i2 mic 1, created a second track and selected tge 2i2 mic 2...make sure to enable the recording button under the track options and push play.
You'll notice that as you speak into the mics that the dials on the 2i2 light up green. If they flash red, you're speaking too loud.
I'm SO excited to get back to interviews and talking fiction, family and fun on our new podcast series...thanks to this awesome device!!!
There is a crucial application which is very unintuitively named "ASIO Control Panel" which controls the buffer on the audio. This should be SERIOUSLY renamed to something involving Focusrite or Scarlett for the end user to find, or present in easily accessed documentation. After some days of trouble shooting this, drivers, and the like, also be sure to plug this into a **MAIN** (Master) USB controller. and not a slave controller. A slave controller will cause an audio cut out ever 5 or so minutes, that lasts about 10 seconds. This solution was HARD to find, and shame on Focusrite for it.
Works well on OSX without additional drivers, but since I jump between both platforms, I would highly recommend people to buy a different brand (there's better and cheaper available from Behringer), one that works on both platforms with no BS. It's 2017, not 2007. Hardware like this shouldn't have these issues.
Top reviews from other countries
I use it with Audacity running on KXstudio (an Ubuntu based distribution dedicated to audio) installed on an old laptop, and the Scarlet just worked. One just needed to select it from the dropdowns. Each input lights up green or red if you overload it allowing one to quickly set the recording level.
I use it with a MXL 990 Condenser Microphone which uses the built in 48v supply, bass guitar and electro-acoustic guitar and the quality is superb, the clever input sockets taking either type of input.
Amazingly it's powered entirely from the USB connection so doesn't need a separate power supply.
Points Positifs :
- Le produit est doté d'une grande qualité de fabrication pour son prix.
- L'aluminium est solide et sa couleur rouge est très design.
- J'apprécie le fait que les entrées micro/instrument soit 2 en 1, c'est-à-dire qu'un même port peut servir à connecter un micro en XLR ou un instrument en jack 1/4.
- Lumière de gain se mettent en rouge lorsque le signal est saturé, très utile.
- Compete et légère. Facile à transporter
- Pour utilisateurs de Mac : Plug and Play, aucune manipulation nécessaire à part brancher l'interface
Points négatifs :
- Ne possède pas d'alimentation par courant, uniquement par usb via le pc/mac
- Avoir 2 sorties casques aurait été parfait.
I use with Logic Pro X and its a pretty flawless setup, I simply plug into my MacBook, then change my input in Logic and I can then record straight to an audio track! Perhaps there's a lot of setup for other uses but for me, it was a 2-minute setup!
Solid build, looks really good,
Handy indicator LED's to know if your signal is peaking or not,
Really low latency,
Great sound quality at an affordable price,
It would be nice to have some analogue inputs on the back but can live without,
USB-C would be nice for the newer MacBook's however for much more money a USB-C model is available,
Also worth noting, the headphone port on the Interface is a 1/4" jack so you may want a 1/4" -> 3.5mm jack adapter to use with regular headphones,
Overall its a solid unit and great value for money!
Pre-amps are of good quality, to be expected from Focusrite.
The "Gain Ring" is a really intuitive display for telling whether your input level is peaking or not.
Phantom power as expected.
Direct monitor ability is pretty useful for recording certain acoustic instruments that may not be very loud in the DAW.
Feels really well made and sturdy, the small form factor is great.
No Phono out
No Midi In
If you're looking for a sleek audio interface for recording 1 or two inputs at a time, you can't really go wrong with the Scarlett 2i2
(Also there's a whole host of free software included, which is an added bonus)