Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on October 24, 2012
Seems to be pretty current and accurate. I plan on having this with me in Belize.

After an good overview, this book is divided into sections/areas of Belize. I like this as we only plan on visiting two main areas: Cayo and San Pedro. A section on Tikal in Guatemala is included along with advice on how to get there.

I like that it included many lodging and "things to do" recommendations. It took a little searching to find a chart of what the icons meant, although some (like Fodor's Recommended) were obvious.

The author hangs out on some of the Belize travel forums and is happy to give current advice without hawking his book.
I love traveling and Belize is just one of a few countries I don't hesitate to return to. It is a beautiful and lush country with friendly people and lots to do. This is a great book to introduce you to it and help you find things to do when there. What else can I say? I read this book before my first visit and read it again before another visit.
Overall, I can recommend it without hesitation whether you are an armchair traveler or planning your first visit.
on March 14, 2013
This guide is most suited to the roaming visitor who will only be spending a day or two at any one location. It gives recommendations for quick decisions on things to be done, and can be very useful for those looking for quick options. However, details on quality and prices are often lacking or are outdated. During a long stay in Belize, I found that we picked up some quick tips from the book, but soon relied on the more detailed information available on the internet.
on April 22, 2014
This was a "used" purchase for me, but the book is very clean [I used to buy "used" books in college that were really scruffy], It is very detailed and factual. It has maps, airline info, hotel recommendations [by your budget], wildlife sanctuaries, money matters, on and on. Also, a very good section on the ruins in Tikal, Guatemala which is just across the border. Tons of good information! Everything comes with phone numbers and/or internet addresses. I have already loaned the book twice to friends [and made darn sure I got it back, ha!]. I love this addition to my library.
on December 30, 2016
I thought the book was well written and represented a traveler's need fairly well. My only complaint is that I would have loved to read about more recommendations of things to do without a tour guide. Local insider spots and attractions, for example. Otherwise it was comprehensive and easy to navigate.
on September 1, 2013
I searched the trip advisor website for recommendations on a good guide book for Belize. Fodor's came highly recommended as Lan Sluder has spent a great deal of time in Belize. We are going to the inland/rainforest area and to the coast and this book covers it all.
on October 25, 2012
I ordered this book before we went on a trip to Belize and Tikal. It was a great help. The index made it easy to find hotels, restaurants, and attractions. The reviews and recomendations were helpful with our decisions. Highly recommend
on December 4, 2013
This book has a lot of information and is good for helping to determine what time of year is best to visit depending on what you want to do and see in Belize. It's a little outdated which was a disappointment. I'm not sure I would trust the recommendations for hotels and restaurants based on the age of the book.
on June 21, 2013
Fodor always presents a comprehensive description and important information and tips. Whenever I am planning travel to a country I've never been to, I rely on Fodor to help me make decisions insofar as places to stay, visit, dine, reputable tour companies, etc. Glad Fodors is here!
on February 5, 2013
We have used this book before which belonged to a friend. I wanted to purchase on for myself as we are in Guatemala for two months each year and since Belize is the neighboring country, we wanted to explore Belize. This book gives information on what to see, where to stay and how much one can expect to spend for food, lodging and such. I would recommend the book to anyone traveling to Belilze.