Tuesday, Dec 13
Ships from: Amazon Sold by: AtolyeWish
Follow the Author
Fodor's The Carolinas & Georgia (Full-color Travel Guide) Paperback – November 14, 2017
Enhance your purchase
Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Filled with color photos as stunning as the region itself, Fodor's The Carolinas and Georgia delivers the best of the South from the pristine waters of the Outer Banks to genteel Charleston and bustling Atlanta and everywhere in between. Beaches, golf courses, mountains, Southern food, and historical and cultural sites keep travelers coming back.
Fodor's The Carolinas & Georgia includes:
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: Includes new restaurants and hotels in the South's top cities: Charleston, Savannah, and Atlanta, as well as throughout the region.
- SPECIAL FEATURES: Gorgeous and easy-to-use features highlight quintessential Southern experiences, like visiting North Carolina beaches, hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains, exploring Mrytle Beach, and enjoying Lowcountry cuisine.
- INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: Features such as Top Attractions for each state, Top Experiences, Great Itineraries, and kid-friendly sites make planning simple. Convenient overviews present each region and its highlights, and chapter planning sections have good advice for making the most of your time and getting around by car.
- DISCERNING RECOMMENDATIONS: Fodor's The Carolinas and Georgia offers savvy advice and recommendations from local writers to help travelers make the most of their visit. Fodor's Choice designates our best picks in every category.
- COVERS: Charleston, Savannah, Atlanta, Myrtle Beach, Outer Banks, Wilmington,Charlotte, Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Asheville, Great Smoky Mountains, Hilton Head, and more.
“The Fodor’s guides are notable for their ratings of sights, restaurants, shops, accommodations and attractions.” – Chicago Tribune
“In terms of comprehensiveness of coverage, the very accessible format, and the enthusiastic tone, this series remains one of the best on the market.” – Booklist
“Fodor’s super-informative guidebooks are known for accuracy and attention to detail.” – Sacramento Bee
“Fodor’s can help you plan the perfect adventure.” – Arizona Republic
About the Author
- Publisher : Fodor's; 22nd edition (November 14, 2017)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 624 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0147546966
- ISBN-13 : 978-0147546968
- Item Weight : 12.9 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.25 x 1 x 8.25 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,068,915 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
This book is divided into:
- 30 pages of introduction;
- 554 pages of very detailed description of the three states which are divided into 14 areas for convenience;
- 16 pages of notes on travel;
- 11 pages constituting a very good index.
The information given on each area is diverse, covering (amongst other things) places to go, things to do, restaurants and nightlife. There are a reasonable number of maps.
The very popular Great Smoky Mountains National Park straddles North Carolina and Tennessee, so all of it is described as one of the major areas.
Guidebooks have two possible functions: firstly, before a trip, for planning purposes, and secondly as a source of inspiration and information when you are there. This guide does well in the latter category. It does not do so well in the former, because there are no recommendations for planning trips (in the sense of going from A to B to C) or walks.