Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jordan Davis GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on July 30, 2013
Paid 30 bux plus ship, call it 40 to the door. Packs smallish but longish, has decent carry case. An adult fits it fine, but would say it's best used for a child or not too tall not too heavy adult. Crossbars at each narrow end (head, foot) are necessary for the particular collapsible design, but not ideal for comfort. This one won't be a lifer, but is great in a pinch and would last a significant amount of time if used for smaller folks. There's better out there, but not for 40 bux to the door....
on July 26, 2013
Cot was fine, a little lite duty, haven't taken it on a trip yet. we will see how it holds up.
shipping was fine.
on July 4, 2014
It is good, but not that comfortable because the center of the bed falls down a little even I am only 50 kg.
on July 4, 2013
This was so much nicer than sleeping on the ground. Folds up small enough, it is a good item for camping
on August 14, 2012
just 30 day . this bed break in side. only for temp user. Good thing is easy setup than other same bad.
on May 21, 2012
After many nights of sleeping either on the ground while tent camping, or on an inflatable air mattress, I decided to experiment with a cot, so I wouldn't have to fuss with inflating the mattress. I found this one on amazon, and due to the very low cost, I decided to give it a try.

The product was shipped and arrived quickly in good shape. Testing at home, all looked fine - seemed to be a bargain for such a low cost cot. However, after trying to use it for camping, it only lasted one night before it broke. On the second night, one of the legs collapsed from my weight as I was trying to undress for the night. Despite the collapsed leg, it was still better to sleep on than the ground, so I spent the night on the tilting cot. But by morning, when I tried to roll over, pushing down in the middle of the cot with my elbow as I tried to roll over in my sleeping bag, the fabric gave way and ripped down the middle.

The product has a listed weight limit of 210 lbs. I weigh 223. Sadly, I didn't notice it had a weight limit when I ordered it, or I never would have bought this product for myself. However, a product that has a limit of 210, should not fail so completely, on the second night of use, just because you are 15 lbs over the weight limit. A 200 lb person trying to hold a baby would cause this cot to break.

If it fails so easily, just by sitting on it, at 223 lbs, then even a 150 lb person could break it if they accidentally tripped and fell on to it, or if two such people made the mistake of trying to sit on the cot at the same time.

Thought the price is great, and the quality of built relatively good for such a low cost product, the strength of the materials is just so limited, that it really is a useless product. Big adults like me (6'1" 223 lbs) will break it quickly. Smaller adults will probably break it within a week, and kids, won't be smart enough not to jump on it causing it to break down in short order even for them. This product is a not a "deal", it's just a waste of time and money.
33 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 21, 2017
The tubes are flimsy.
on September 5, 2016
While it's practically the same as cots I slept on in the army, there are 2 problems: plastic fittings on legs break off easily and metal can scratch the floor; the plastic inserts on the horizontal bars at each end can also break, but I found an easy fix - I replaced them with large bolts that keep bars in place.
on April 14, 2013
When I was a kid we had wood/canvas/metal cots left over from WW2. The canvas was taught, and they were good. Now we have the same basic design in plastic fabric, metal, and rubber feet (that had fallen off in the box but haven't fallen off again yet). The canvas on this one is also taught and good.

Only problem is that it has a lot of plastic smell. I use it for sunbathing, so the smell problem is not an issue when I'm using it, but I wouldn't want to sleep on it indoors. I stored it inside the first night, and the smell was unthinkable. Now I store it outside on a porch so it doesn't smell up my house and has a chance to air out.

The smell died down after about two months.

They give you mushy black plastic caps to put in the ends of the aluminum channel cross pieces. These have dimples that keep the cot from folding in and which keep the fabric taught. Two of these dimples easily broke off when I was lying with my head at the end. The company says they can't replace the pieces. The cot is now useless. Sorry, it's been more than 30 days, so no refund, no nothing. I now have a large piece of trash. Or maybe I could spend an hour or two trying to rig something to save this. What a waste of time.
on November 24, 2015
This cot is not very strong it broke after only one use.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.