Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 60 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 67 reviews
on December 7, 2013
I have a passion about learning good nutritional information. Reading this book taught me about the eating habits of healthy, hard working Vermonters for the last couple hundred years. I can say that drinking the vinegar, honey and water mix is making my arthritic hip joint feel better. No more stabbing pain. I drink 6 to 8 ounces of the honey/ vinegar mix (2 tsp. raw apple cider vinegar, 2 tsp. raw honey and water) with each meal. I make up a quart at a time and add 1/8 tsp. of Celtic sea salt to the quart. That's 8 tsp. vinegar and 8 tsp. honey to each quart and water to fill the jar. I think drinking the solution has dissolved the bone spurs on my hip joint which were seen on my last xray. Bone spurs are calcium deposits in the wrong place in the body. Bone spurs snag nerves causing pain. D.C. Jarvis M.D. says the vinegar solution puts the misplaced calcium back into solution and re deposits the calcium into the bones and teeth where calcium belongs. The solution also helps with digestion.
on May 16, 2015
Dr. Jarvis's book on Folk Medicine is a classic and most interesting. I am following his advice on drinking apple cider vinegar and have found it to be most beneficial in relieving acid reflux disease and general digestive problems. Dr. Jarvis was very knowledgeable in the old ways of treating health problems. His advice and wisdom has helped me tremendously at my age in the 90s and I am feeling much better since I began using the natural products that he recommended.
on December 29, 2014
Exactly as I remember it from the first time I read it 50 years ago. The testimony to the benefits of the apple cider vinegar/honey
therapy are still meaningful. I have recommended this book to hundreds of friends over the years.
on April 28, 2016
Love Love Love this book! Read it in a short time. It was very interesting to learn simple solutions that nowadays pharmaceuticals have tried to replace that don't work and actually make us sicker.
So happy this book is offered and I got to read it! Thank you!
on January 17, 2011
Great gift to give to those you love and care for! I make up a "starter gift pak" of 1) a jar of sage honey 2) Bragg's apple cider vinegar (best organic to buy) 3) jar of blackstrap molassses and 4) 3 different types of tea (Mango, Lemon, and green tea) to combine into a wonderfully tasty and nutritional drink for everyday health and, of course, 5) this great book. You can't read this book and not get excited about how the Vermonters and their animals attain and maintain health in such a beautifully simplistic natural manner. We now drink this tea as a ritual every morning and are amazed at the health benefit of well-being.
on July 9, 2015
Amazing info packed little book. I still refer to it. I also apply the tips to my life. I can honestly say I'm feeling the benefits after 9 months.
on November 17, 2014
An excellent book for those looking for alternatives to mainstream medical drugs, surgery and laser treatments. While alternative medicine can't treat every physical malady, it can treat MANY. My attitude has always been that if an illness is not immediately life-threatening, why not try a treatment or substance to treat it which has few or no side effects? This book is for people with that mindset.
on March 21, 2017
Good resource for home remedies from the past
on April 28, 2017
Very good-still relevant today.
on December 4, 2016
Good info. to help health that really works.