BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 31, 2016
+4 stars for the food combining info. There is a lot of interesting info in this book that seems mostly in line with other research. However there seems to be some misinformation, for example, Broccoli is repeatedly categorized as a starchy vegetable. Every other food combining resource considers broccoli a non-starchy vegetable. I feel like I have to double check everything, because there are some things that are inconsistent with all the other stuff I've read.

+1 star for good information on other topics related to digestion, like GERD / acid reflux, etc.

-1 star due to the font in the kindle edition, it's an absolutely HORRIBLE serif typeface that is really hard on the eyes.

-1 star because the author goes on some unnecessary rants/asides, including some rather metaphysical beliefs like "saying grace/thanks for your food", food affects you on a "vibrational" level, etc. I bought the book to learn about food combining, so this stuff just feels unnecessary and I find myself skipping quite a bit of this stuff.
on November 7, 2011
This book is excellent. Easy to read and understand. If you want to improve your health and maybe suffering with your digestion... This book is for you! Stop taking OTC drugs, prescriptions too..just by learning that the foods you eat are what maybe at fault! Our bodies can handle a lot...but the older we get, not so much! We can't keep doing what we did in our youth, with all the junk, chemical and preservatives we are hurting our bodies...just get back to basics and read this book and treat your body better. Learn the simple things with every day food that is grown from the ground and not packaged in a bag, box or can....shop at the grocery store from only the outer walls...nothing from the interior isles... Let's see if you will feel better?
Enthusiast: Makeupon December 5, 2016
Bought for my son's family which includes teenagers who like to cook. They got into too much fast food and needed to get back to basics. They all love it!
on June 25, 2010
I initially found this book in a small health food's store in Rapid City, SD called "Staple and Spice." I was just browsing the small book section looking for resources to resolve my aching gut. This book is short, very well organized and simply explains basic digestion concepts. I took this on my first deployment in Iraq; it was more popular than any other reading matieral circulating throughout our mixed-service Brigade. Now on my second deployment, it is just as popular so I bought it as my departing gifts to others. Myself and many others have read and re-read this book. It has allayed may aching bellies here, especially with deployment foods.
on August 27, 2017
Good read
on January 11, 2017
Thank You!!
on October 5, 2009
Love this book,espically the food combining tables and the easy read to find what I am looking for. I quickly found out Broccoli is a starchy vegetable and I thought it was non-starchy.
on November 15, 2012
I have read a few books on food combining and digestion and this is one of the best . Once I started I could not put it down. It really gives you a clear picture of how digestion works. Very interesting!
on May 1, 2016