Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8 reviews
on December 19, 2012
I bought the 2012 Food Landscapes calender and would have given it TEN stars, were it an option. Best. Calender. Ever. We were blown away by the imagination and artistic genius of his work and changing the page each month was such a highly anticipated event for me and my family.

When this calender arrived from Amazon yesterday I tore open the packaging, grinning with joy....only to have that joy melt away at the realization that, this year, the calender is MUCH smaller, the paper is of lesser quality and HE RE-USED PICTURES! UGH!

I still like it, but the matte paper (instead of the thick glossy stuff), smaller size and re-used art were a bit of a let-down. I will probably buy the 2014 calender...because the idea is so good and nobody does it like Carl...but I'm really hoping that this years calender is a fluke and that, next year, I'm blown away again. :)
on December 23, 2012
Lovely calendar. Every picture looks like you could just tear it off the wall and chow down. Gorgeous photography work. Hard to believe everything in every photo is made of just food!

The dates and overall font of the calendar itself are easily read, if on the small side, and will suit most any calendar needs you might have. Y'know, like looking up dates and weeks and whatnot. The days of the week provide more than enough space to scribble on, too.

The paper is a bit thin and insubstantial, for which I docked a star in my review. It's not going to tear immediately, but once September or October 2013 come around, I suspect I may have to do some Scotch taping to keep it afloat.

Final tally: beautiful calendar. A work of art. Wonderfully picturesque. A bit flimsy, but lovely all around. Bon appetit!
on January 23, 2013
too small and quality of paper is not what I expected! I get this Foodscapes calendar every year and this a big disappointment! I would gladly have paid more for heavier and glossier paper. The size was shrunk by many inches this year. Some pics were repeated from years past.
on December 16, 2012
I can stare at it for hours. I first bought it for myself, but then gave away as a gift to a friend. Then purchased another one for me and gave it away again! Now am waiting for a third one to come and it will be mine!
on March 4, 2013
Great pictures - however, 1/2 of them are same as last year!

This is a fun concept - and probably really hard to create the photos. It's just not much fun to have the same photo for March as we had last October.
on January 17, 2013
This is the perfect calendar for our kitchen. Whimsical, a bit wacky, beautiful, and appetizing! Some reviewers complained about "re-runs" but we love our favorites enough that the re-runs are welcome.
on December 12, 2012
My daughter is a dietician and requested this for Christmas! She love everything food - The pictures are wonderful and all creations with food items!!
on March 11, 2013
I love the artist, but this calendar had some photos from the 2012 edition. I don't enjoy re-runs except in television....