Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 297 reviews(5 star). See all 337 reviews
on August 21, 2016
It's big, has colorful pictures and easy to read instructions, and also lists alternative ingredients and methods of preparation. I can't wait to try their version of our family favorites and to try all the ones that are new to us!
on July 22, 2016
This is such a neat book! Not only does is have amazing recipes, but it has poems and traditions and other information throughout it as well!
on September 15, 2016
I can not say enough good things about this book! It was given to me as a gift, and it is one of my favorites! I find I use this cookbook more than my other ones because everyone is always so happy with the food! Also, the quality of the book and pictures make me more excited to use it.
on October 1, 2015
There's no other word that can describe this book other than awesome. .. its very thorough and has all categories of food... every persian food lover ought to have one in their kitchen. .. great buy... Also it's very pretty and would make a great gift.... Cheers!
on August 19, 2011
I can not add more compliments to this great book that others have not mentioned already.
We had older edition of this book that we gifted to a friend and purchased this one. I must say we are extremely pleased.

Like all other cultures there may be variation between recipes from different regions of the country for some of dishes. In fundamental, this book illustrates the correct way to prepare, cook, garnish and serve. You could however adapt the ingredients and the amount to the best of your liking. You can see this concept clearly in mixed stews.

For those who have not grown up with Persian cuisine, it may seem that too much spices or aromatic herbs is used in some recipes, but the way they are being cooked none of the spices or ingredients dominate the final taste, it just blends in and makes it great.

I like new pictures, comments and multiple names very much, it has enhanced the book tremendously.

Bottom line this is a great book with most valuable information and one of a kind in English. Najmieh has done wonderful job revealing secrets that were kept for thousands of years among Persian ladies and transferred from one generation to next.

Enjoy!
on October 25, 2015
I gave my daughter the 1st edition that I had for over 33 years. This is the best Persian cookbook ever! Every recipe I tried tasted as it is suppose to and looks amazing.
on March 26, 2013
This is the best cookbook I've ever read. I am of middle eastern origin but have had limited exposure to Persian food. This cookbook is comprehensive and extensive with amazing photos and recipes. The author really understands the limitations of finding specific ingredients and offers tips on how to identify and find the most essential ingredients to ensure authentic dishes. I am excited to master Iranian food and it is an honor to have access to these amazing family recipes and to understand the rich history of Persian cuisine - I only wish that I could visit Iran and sample these dishes firsthand!
on May 6, 2013
I was born in Iran. I left Iran when was 22 years old. I have purchased several Persian cookbooks during the past 40 years. This cookbook is my favorite. Not only it provides very authentic persian recipes, it considers what is available here and provides very accurate and easy to follow steps for cooking. My daughters who were born here and only speak English also use this book for Persian cooking. If you would like to have one Persian cooking cookbook, this is the one. This cookbook also provide some cultural background about Iranian festivities and recipes for these events.
on December 4, 2013
This is such a beautiful book. My husband is Persian and makes excellent food. Even he found new things to try. Perhaps I will also get the courage to make some dishes myself (although I hesitate to compete with the Iranian members of his family). The book also contains lovely stories about Persian customs, and we have giggled over the Mulla jokes that round out jokes told by Persians anywhere in the world.
on April 3, 2014
If you are wanting an A-Z cookbook of Iranian food, this is the book for you. Arrived super fast and we just love trying the new dishes. Worth every dime!