Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on February 14, 2015
I think that this is probably a very good and quite useful book. However, the publishers (or someone) made the terrible mistake of thinking that simply reading the text over into a digital format would provide a satisfactory Kindle version -- and it most certainly does not!! Throughout the Kindle version, there are references to page numbers and yet, in that version, there are no pages (just locations that are not the same). The index (which looks great) gives direction to pages -- which, again, don't exist. So, the only way to find something is to painfully flip pages until you find it. Certainly that isn't what a digital format should provide. In addition, the author refers to the web site for many restaurants and they aren't provided -- of course they should be and they should be active so one could get to the site merely by clicking on the reference. There is no excuse for producing an ebook that is almost useless.
VINE VOICEon June 27, 2011
If you love food and are or will be in Seattle, this is one to pick up. For visitors, It's a compact book and will fit easily in a travel bag or briefcase giving you a unique guide to all things culinary as you explore Seattle. If you live here, you will still discover great new foods, markets, restaurants, and recipes. The author has done a fantastic job of finding and documenting what makes this such a fantastic food city!!
on February 3, 2014
I bought this book as a birthday present for my boyfriend and it's just great! I'm probably more excited by the book than he is but it suggests some really great restaurants and has an easy-to-follow format. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking to delve a little deeper into the Seattle dining scene.
on December 7, 2013
Moving to Seattle in 2014 and this book is a must have for food lovers!!! It's been handy for research and we can't wait to try some of the places out!
on January 5, 2015
my daughter lives in Seattle and this book was perfect for her, we own one also
on May 23, 2015
Wonderful information.
on June 28, 2011
Keren Brown is known in the Seattle food scene as the one who brings
people who are passionate about food together. She wrote this book
with moms, dads, college students, professionals, and anyone who loves
to eat out but could use some help in knowing where to eat. This book
is divided by neighborhoods so you can look up where the best happy
hour is or which cafe is kid-friendly for moms to get together for a
needed break with their kiddos. Or perhaps you want to take your
significant other on a special date and would love to know the most
romantic restaurants in town. Keren has your back. This book is
written in an approachable and easy to follow way voice. It's as if
she is your personal food concierge giving you the information you
need and want to know. It's a guide book, not a review book which is
helpful because reviews are subjective. Instead, Keren guides you
through the Seattle food scene like a good friend, highlighting what
is special or unique about each restaurant or purveyor.

The process in which Keren evaluated each restaurant and vendor in
this book is worth mentioning. She paid for all her meals and dined at
each restaurant like a normal guest - never mentioning to management
or the owners the purpose for her visit. I should know, I dined with
Keren on a few occasions while she was doing research for this book.

Although Keren and I are friends, I don't have any issue with telling
you this book is a must have for Seattlites, people who have moved to
Seattle recently, or people planning to visit Seattle. As a Seattle
native and a food writer, I am amazed by how many places I had not
heard about until I read this book. In fact, I loved this book so much
I bought several copies for friends and family as gifts.

Let Keren be your personal food tour guide through this book. You
won't be disappointed!
on August 22, 2011
Well-written, but perhaps not the easiest guide to follow. It's great for newbies to town, not so much for those who generally know Seattle and are looking for a little extra insight. Also, it covered Bellevue (to the east of Lake Washington) and some destinations to the north and west, but generally ignored South King County and any spots in the Tacoma or Olympia area. This is typical of many guides to "Seattle" in general. The south Sound is probably considered too working class to receive any mentions, though there are very fine restaurants in this "invisible" region of the Northwest.
on October 12, 2012
I initially purchased this book as a coffee table book. However, most coffee table books are glossy and sleek, and the pages of this book are not of great quality. Although it did not live up to my initial purpose for it, I find this book to be a superb guide for finding great places to eat when in Seattle. It's turned out to be far more useful than it would have been collecting dust on my coffee table. I'm pleased with my purchase.
on July 3, 2014
Although the book was not for me it came in time for my manager that was leave the week after it was ordered(it was a gift) . I was so nervous it would not come in time and it did. She loved it by the way.

Thank you.