- Paperback: 200 pages
- Publisher: Book Pub Co; Revised edition (July 25, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1570672733
- ISBN-13: 978-1570672736
- Product Dimensions: 0.8 x 8 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 192 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #93,210 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People, Revised Edition Revised Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Author
My name is Jennifer Cornbleet and I'm the author of Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People. I'm here to help you satisfy your appetite at any time of the day or night with recipes that are easy, good for your body, and really delicious.
When you're stressed out, running behind schedule, and hungry...or company's coming...or the kids are clamoring for a snack...raw food recipes are the perfect answer. All you need are all-natural ingredients from Mother Nature's pantry to quickly create satisfying meals and treats, without turning to processed food that's so often high in cost, but low in taste and nutrition:
- Stir up a large batch of muesli, a breakfast cereal made with rolled oats, raisins, raw nuts, sunflower seeds, and raw honey, to replace the box of commercial cereal that's made with refined flour and sugar and not much nutritional value.
- Re-define the traditional high-carb, high-fat tuna sandwich by substituting crisp romaine lettuce leaves for bread and a sunflower, almond, celery, parsley, and onion paté for the fish.
- Stuff sweet bell peppers or ripe tomatoes with guacamole for an easy summertime dinner that's ready in minutes, but beautiful enough to serve guests.
- Enjoy silken soups even if you can't or don't want to eat dairy products by letting creamy avocado add richness and smoothness to favorites like cream of tomato, cream of cucumber, and cream of zucchini.
- Keep your salads waist-friendly by combining cucumber, lemon juice, dill weed, yellow onion, garlic and olive for a dressing that is so luxurious you'd never guess it was low fat. Add a dash of cayenne for a kick of spice.
- Get your teens to eat more vegetables with Latin-inspired raw food favorites like Mexican salsa, made with fresh tomatoes, cilantro, onions, lime juice, garlic, and a dash of cayenne or and a Spanish fig cake made with figs, almonds, walnuts, and fresh berries
- Teach raw food nutritional goodness to children by serving them a banana or stalk of celery made with homemade, all-natural raw almond butter and naturally sweet raisins.
There are healthy, delicious raw food recipes that are right for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and those in-between meal times when so many of us fall under the spell of high-sugar, high-fat processed snacks. And with so many options to choose from, you'll never run out of new ways to add more fresh fruits and vegetables to your everyday eating.
About the Author
Jennifer Cornbleet is a nationally recognized raw-food chef and instructor and a long-time faculty member at Living Light Culinary Institute in California. She lectures, holds classes, and offers online trainings in the Bay Area and internationally.
Her first book, Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People, has already sold over 100,000 copies. Three companion DVDs, Raw Food Made Easy, Raw in a Rush, and Raw Travel and Treats are also available. Jennifer's second book, Raw For Dessert, provides recipes for delicious cakes, cookies, pies, tarts, ice creams, and candies.
Top customer reviews
The book explains how to prepare raw foods for one or two people, addresses the quantity issue, how to stock a raw kitchen, how to get started, how to plan a meal, how to plan a week's worth of meals, etc.
I also own a trio of books by Cherie Soria of Living Light Culinary Institute fame, and use the books daily. Now with this addition, I feel complete and competent on my new path to great health! I have even lost weight due to recent changes in my diet and although I exercise regularly, I have not added anything new to my routines and have still dropped seven pounds, and so has my husband. Our doctor is so pleased! And guess what? Jenny's book and Cherie's books contain recipes for the most delicious nutritious things!
I should mention that we are not anywhere near 100% raw, but are striving for a high raw diet. Jenny's book is a really important tool for me to be able to incorporate a lot of raw recipes into our lives, because the ingredients are easy to find, and there is always several recipes I can choose from to make because I already have the basics in my house. I have a ton of raw recipe books, because I love to drool over them, but this one actually gets used several times every week.
Most recent customer reviews