Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots (2nd Edition) 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Author
- Brand-new photos: I updated nearly ALL of the images in the book. There are a handful of photos (mostly technical photos) that are the same, but I made a concerted effort to use brand-new images.
- Condensed basic photography chapters: I had some comments in the reviews about there being "too much" information on basic photography. Because of this, I condensed the first three chapters into only two chapters; Chapter 1 is now a combination of two chapters with similar material (basic photography).
- Updated info on Lighting and Food Styling: Chapter 2 (lighting) was updated to add more information on different angles of light, and Chapter 3 (food and prop styling) was edited to reflect my updated food-styling style.
- A Brand New Chapter: Chapter 5 is a brand-new chapter on social media, copyright, watermarking, website, etc (getting your presence online).
- Updated post-processing chapter: Chapter 6 (post-processing) is completely re-written with Lightroom as the software (my other book has Photoshop for the tutorials).
- Brand-new behind-the-scenes: Chapter 7 (Behind the Scenes) is all brand-new examples.
About the Author
Nicole S. Young is a full-time photographer specializing in food and landscape photography, and she also licenses her images through iStockphoto and Getty Images. Nicole is an accredited Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in Photoshop, owns and operates the Nicolesy Store, and is a regular contributor to the National Association of Photoshop Professionals and Photofocus websites. The author of several books, including Plug In with onOne Software and the first edition of Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots, Nicole blogs at nicolesy.com. She lives in Portland, OR.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My copy arrived with wrinkles throughout the entire book. I mean the entire book, not just the pages, there are ripples all the way through including the covers. Really disappointed with the purchase. I'll keep the book because it does have good data, that's the only reason I've entered two stars.
At this quality, it should really be a $5 brochure or a inkjet printout from a weekend boutique class.
It's just crappy, because the information in the book is pretty good. They cover several subjects very well. They just decided to make the book really cheap. What a loss at $29...well not for the Seller, only for the Buyer. Maybe the First Edition was a quality publication...
Nice job Nicole.
Top international reviews
Ho scaricato la versione digitale per avere la possibilità di consultarlo tramite cellulare in ogni momento
Seguía a esta fotógrafa desde hace tiempo.
Necesitaba una ayuda para aprender a fotografiar platos de comida y al gustarme el estilo de Nicole, que mejor que comprar su libro.
Un libro muy interesante, con nociones muy claras de como mejorar nuestras fotos de alimentos, aplicable a otro tipo de productos. Va desde las ideas mas básicas hasta el procesado de manera muy amena. Evidentemente indispensable leer Ingles, ya que el libro está escrito en este idioma.
Recomendable si te gusta la fotografía de comida.
but its too basic, just for beginners, no more than that