- Series: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Peachpit Press; 2 edition (August 8, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0134097130
- ISBN-13: 978-0134097138
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.6 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 35 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #33,873 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots (2nd Edition) 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Find Rare and Collectible Books
Discover rare, signed and first edition books on AbeBooks, an Amazon Company. Learn More on AbeBooks.com.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Author
In 2010, I wrote the first edition of this book. At the time, there were only a handful of books about food photography, and I wanted to make an easy-to-understand guide for users of all levels. And just last year, I felt that it was time to complement the first book with a new edition. My style as a food photographer has evolved, and because of that, so has this book.
- Brand-new photos: I updated nearly ALL of the images in the book. There are a handful of photos (mostly technical photos) that are the same, but I made a concerted effort to use brand-new images.
- Condensed basic photography chapters: I had some comments in the reviews about there being "too much" information on basic photography. Because of this, I condensed the first three chapters into only two chapters; Chapter 1 is now a combination of two chapters with similar material (basic photography).
- Updated info on Lighting and Food Styling: Chapter 2 (lighting) was updated to add more information on different angles of light, and Chapter 3 (food and prop styling) was edited to reflect my updated food-styling style.
- A Brand New Chapter: Chapter 5 is a brand-new chapter on social media, copyright, watermarking, website, etc (getting your presence online).
- Updated post-processing chapter: Chapter 6 (post-processing) is completely re-written with Lightroom as the software (my other book has Photoshop for the tutorials).
- Brand-new behind-the-scenes: Chapter 7 (Behind the Scenes) is all brand-new examples.
About the Author
Nicole S. Young is a full-time photographer specializing in food and landscape photography, and she also licenses her images through iStockphoto and Getty Images. Nicole is an accredited Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in Photoshop, owns and operates the Nicolesy Store, and is a regular contributor to the National Association of Photoshop Professionals and Photofocus websites. The author of several books, including Plug In with onOne Software and the first edition of Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots, Nicole blogs at nicolesy.com. She lives in Portland, OR.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now