- Hardcover: 416 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (May 3, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470080191
- ISBN-13: 978-0470080191
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 1.2 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 64 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #90,196 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Food Styling: The Art of Preparing Food for the Camera 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Based on her 30 years of experience in food styling for advertising, magazines, books, and films, Delores Custer presents the definitive lifelong reference on food styling-complete with lists of handy tools and vital equipment, recipes for artificial foods, and guidelines for running a successful food styling business.
Full of ingenious advice on styling in any media and packed with full-color photographs, Food Styling reveals every trick of the trade, from making a beverage appear to sweat to producing those perfect grill marks on meat without a grill. Filled with resources and organized in a simple problem-and-solution format, this is an ideal resource for both experienced foods styling pros and first-timers alike.
- This is the only book of its kind on the market, shedding light on the art and craft of food styling
- More than 300 full-color photos reveal the process of styling and the spectacular results, teaching and inspiring anyone interested in food and how it is presented in media
- The book features a timeline of 60 years of food styling, a glossary of important terms, and a listing of vital styling resources
- The only book the aspiring or professional food stylist will ever need, this exceptionally thorough resource covers challenges from flawless fried chicken to fluffy, cloudlike cake frostings-and everything in between
Whether you're looking to break into the food styling business or just touch up on the latest and most effective techniques, Food Styling is the ultimate guide to creating stunning culinary visuals.
Styling Techniques from Food Styling
From the Inside Flap
Behind every mouthwatering image of food is a dedicated food stylist whose job it is to consider, plan, and perfect every detail from the curve of an apple stem to the fan of a shrimp tail. In Food Styling, master stylist Delores Custer presents the definitive reference in the field—complete with detailed information on essential tools and useful equipment, step-by-step guidance on achieving the perfect shot, and a wealth of tried-and-true techniques for everything from voluminous frostings to mile-high sandwiches. Based on her thirty years of experience styling for advertising, magazines, books, television, and film, Custer shares her expert guidance on how to achieve stunning visual perfection for all media.
Top customer reviews
Of information for the aspiring food stylist and inspirational in its review of the history of the professional and the attributes it takes to be successful in the profession. I will definitely be sharing this information with my middle school students.
How to set up a sandwich? A Burger? A cake? Those branding marks on meat? You find it all in the book.
Again, from a photographer's point of view, the photos are so extraordinary that you can benefit simpy by analyzing lighting and redoing it.
This book make's a great study book for people who want to learn about and get inside the business,I have read it before from a friend that loaned me this book to make me start Food Styling. I gave the Book back but wanted this book to be on my side because it is like a Bible,has many tricks and teaches most of the basics.