Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: FoodSaver Deli Containers
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School

on April 23, 2012
Very disappointed. Seal does not last for more that a few hours. I thought it was from stacking them but was very careful not to touch the seal and it still opened on its own. I also made sure that I did not over-fill the containers. Will not purchase again.
on November 10, 2015
these containers were $5 each. After sealing one five times, it already does not keep a seal. I will not be buying these containers again. It is almost like they are designed to fail. These are also TINY. You cannot put 1.5 pounds of deli meat in here, its too big. I had to cut a small block of cheese into three pieces to get it to fit inside. I have the set of three canisters too, and two have failed (bought on FoodSaver website) I love my FoodSaver, but I hate their containers.
on February 16, 2014
My husband uses this to pack his lunch in. I personally have never been able to use them as he won't share and claimed them as his own. My consensus is that 1. it must be a good product for him to want it and 2. I need more because his lunches were not the reason I bought these. They are easy to seal and clean and fit nicely into his lunch box.
on December 5, 2012
When I first got these container I had a very difficult time trying to seal them and get the air out. When I try to remove the adapter from the top of the container after sucking out all of the air it would unseal the container. This was driving me nuts. I was about to throw these container away until I found the secret to the process. After putting on the lid and make sure it is on tight you put the adapter on the top but do not push down on the adapter to hard. You just need to make sure the adapter is on the the rubber part and just use one finger. After you heard the machine starting to work harder to get out the air you know that you have a good seal and the machine will stop soon. Now the hard part to remove the adapter. Since you did not push a lot of pressure on the top of the adapter it will not be suck to the rubber seal at the top. You gently remove the adapter and check to make sure the rubber piece in sunk in the middle showing a seal.
on August 30, 2010
This is an item that we should have bought years ago, we have been using food saver for year but never containers. It keeps the food items that we store in it fresher longer.
on October 9, 2012
Nice container to add to my Foodsaver container/ canister kitchen. Great design, easy to store and easy to use. Much better for storing thin sliced deli cheese and meats. Using the "bags" tended to squeese the products too tightly causing the waffer thin cheese or lunch meat slices to become one big blob. Also wont crush fresh cut melon, peaches, berries or other delicate foods. Comes 2 in a shippment but I bought extras. I know foodsaver, and whe they "retire" a container or canister, you always wish you would have bought more.
Case in point is their Foodsaver- FreshSaver Produce Saver. You cant find those anywhere. So take advantage of the inexpensive cost, and if you're a PRIME member, free shipping. This is one red hot deal

NOTE.............. had some problems getting it to vacuum at first. Then I determined that the lid wasn't all the way down in the corners even though it seemed like it is. I suggest if your vacuum doesn't immediately start, push down on each corner again, then try it. Once I made sure the lid was snapped into place, I've not had a single problem since.
on September 23, 2014
I have had some cheese in mine for 3 weeks and no sign of a problem it tastes the same as the day I bought it. I just release the air take out what I need and reseal. I plan to purchase more because they seem to work even better than those wonderful green boxes. I hope they offer some larger sizes. and they slack so more fridge space. I can't get to the store that often (okay I hate shopping) so I am always on the lookout for good storage systems. try a set.
VINE VOICEon October 30, 2009
A set of 2 deli containers came with my Freshsaver, plus I bought a set of 2 additional ones.

These do work well for lunch meat, but it is alittle tight I think if you are going to put in an entire pound of lunch meat, like it says it holds.

I have also used them for brownie bites, California Rolls, and strudel bites.

I also have the Foodsaver bags, but the deli containers are nice for things like bakery items, which are kind of delicate. You can keep the air out without squishing the contents.

They do hold a fair amount, so I intend to also use them for leftovers. I do also use them for deli meats.

A very versatile item!

Be sure to wash at least the lid by hand, like the company says you should. I have put the bottoms in the top rack of my dishwasher, but I normally just wash them by hand, along with the lid. It doesn't take long!
on December 30, 2014
It's hard for me to really tell if this container actually helps. How long does one actually leave deli meat in their fridge? I'm sure it will probably extend the life a little but for me it's not worth the effort or the storage space. Most deli meat will come in a ziploc style packaging (from the deli counter) and will keep it fresh enough for however long it takes me to consume it. I live close enough to a supermarket I don't need to buy 5 lbs at once.

The containers seal well at first. However, you will have to reseal ever time you open (obviously). Therefore, air is still getting around your food and the containers aren't preventing anything. Vacuum sealing is really only good for long storage. So a everyday container kinda defeats the original purpose. Also, the containers seem to lose seal if left over a week. I have only done this a few times, and when not much was left in container.
on February 23, 2010
These containers are great for storing our lunch meats and cheeses. You need the FoodSaver system, but now I wouldn't live without it. It keeps our sliced turkey so well that we can keep it for two weeks at a time without problems. My husband uses these now more than me. Everything is kept fresh as the day we bought it.