Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 60 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 76 reviews
on September 6, 2011
If you don't need a full sized Foodsaver, you just need the vacuum for the salad in a jar idea, then you can get these 1/4 inch OD one-touch tube fittings (commonly used to hook up ice maker water lines) to hook up the FoodSaver T03-0023-01 Wide-Mouth Jar Sealer using the Foodsaver accessory hose:

FoodSaver T03-0023-01 Wide-Mouth Jar Sealer

Tilia Foodsaver Accessory Hose

SMC KJH07-00 PBT One-Touch Tube Fitting, Coupler, 1/4" Tube OD

SMC KQ2T PBT One-Touch Tube Fitting, Union Tee, 1/4" Tube OD

SMC KQ2P-07 PBT One-Touch Tube Fitting, Plug, 1/4" Tube OD

NB: This kludge requires that you cut the vacuum tube on the Foodsaver unit and the accessory hose.

Cut the vacuum tube on the Foodsaver near the end of the bag sealer (leave 2 inches) at the end of the vacuum tube - DO NOT LET THE VACUUM TUBE RETRACT INSIDE THE MAIN UNIT.

Cut the accessory hose half way between the two tips at the ends.

Insert the vacuum tube from the main unit into the One-Touch Tube Fitting Coupler. Then insert one of the cut ends of the accessory hose into the coupler.

You can remove the accessory hose and reattach the bag sealer by pushing on the outer end of the coupler and then inserting the short tube from the bag sealer (that's why you left about 2 inches of the vacuum tube sticking out of the bag sealer).

One bonus is that you now have two accessory tips to use.

You can also use a tee coupler combined with the plug if you want to leave the bag sealer or the accessory hose hooked up all the time.

Yes, it would be more convenient if Foodsaver put an accessory port on this unit.
44 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2010
Works well in our home where we need something simple and easy. Great retractable cord, feet that stay put on our granite counters and there is no work for me to remove all the air from bags. I have arthritis so the vacuum-sealer has to do all the work. I had a Reynolds Hand Vacuum Sealer but this product works better.

It works well with the less expensive Ziploc Vacuum freezer bags which I discovered after Reynolds discontinued there products. Also, I have used it successfully in the freezer even though this product is only recommended for refrigerator use. I was planning to buy the Food Saver V2040 Vacuum system for freezer use but there are too many negative reviews at Amazon.

22 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2010
I had one of those battery operated hand held sealer wands. It worked ok for a while, but then got harder to get the vacuum hole open on the bags so I checked this out. It really works well with the bags from that hand wand system. It doesn't take long for it to open the hole and start to vacuum, and once started it really vacuums fast and tight. There's a couple vacuum containers what comes with it too. The price was right and the machine really works well.
on August 22, 2011
I purchased this vacuum sealer a few weeks ago and so far this thing works well. I liked the color since it went with the appliances in our kitchen and I intended to keep it on our countertop. I was going to purchase the handheld one from a local retailer, but the price of this with the 2 containers and bags was cheaper than the handheld device with nothing except a few bags. I have used this to seal bags with cheese and cold cuts so far. I plan on using it more and more. I intend on buying the ziploc bags for it. So far I have only used food saver bags with it. The only thing I noticed when sucking air out is sometimes you have to lift the bag up by the hole where you place the vacuum so it can suck the air out. Otherwise it shuts off thinking there is no air to suck out. If you lay it flat against a hard surface it may not be able to suck air out so lift the bag a little where you are using the vacuum (By the circle) and it should work. So far I have not had any issues with vacuum lose or air getting into the bag after the air has been sucked out while sitting in the fridge. I have not yet used the bags in the freezer but I intend to.
on February 10, 2013
I have been wasting produce and other items for years. I live in the high desert, as soon as I bring the produce from the store, it starts to wilt. I first tried lettuce, cilantro, and mushrooms; I figure if it can extend the lives of these, it will work with any thing. To my surprise, even after seven days of being sealed and refrigerated, there was no noticeable aging; all three items were as same as the day I sealed them. I used the plastic container for cilantro and the bags for mushrooms and lettuce. To make sure lettuce and mushrooms did not get crushed, I placed then in a ordinary containers with out the lid and placed the container in the bags and sealed.
Oh, this unit works great, it's very powerful. You have to get used to as to how much pressure to apply when sealing containers and bags. I found out that the bags seal the best when you hold the bottom side of the bag in your one hand and seal with the other from the top. This way you easily adjust the pressure on the top and the bottom of the bag and it allows for more items to be in the bask as you don't need to allow room in the bag to be placed on a flat surface.

Just an observation: I had avocados in two of the smaller bags and they let in a little bit of air after a day or so when not placed in a refrigerator, they remain completely sealed in the refrigerator. I have other items in the small bags, which are not inside the refrigerator, they remain sealed.
on August 2, 2013
This is the second FoodSaver we buy - the first one broke after about a couple of years of reasonably intense usage.

Anticipating the obvious question ("why the 5 starts, then?") I'd point your attention to the item's price (around 30 bucks) and the fact that we've definitely saved a lot more in groceries (mostly expensive cheese, Italian salami and Parma ham) that would have otherwise gone to waste.

So, when the first broke, we bought another one - and we'll most likely buy another when this one breaks: as it undoubtedly will, given the price point it would be unreasonable (and borderline churlish) to expect anything more.

Usage is a breeze - when it works, it works really well: food stays fresh for weeks (is stored properly in the fridge) and the bags retain the vacuum for a reasonable amount of time.
Obviously, having to buy special bags adds to the cost and is a bit of a hassle, but it's completely reasonable, and should not be counted against the product.

If you don't have a large family but still want to take advantage of the convenience of shopping at CostCo, this is the perfect gadget to have.
on March 7, 2010
Doesnt suck as much air out of the bag as I would like, but does work okay. Seals steaks and meats tightly but not as tight with liquid. Maybe it's not supposed to. Love the small amount of counter space it uses. The cheaper bags work just as well as the food saver bags. I think the food saver bags are a little thicker. Would recommend for small usages.
on March 9, 2015
I took a class on canning and storing. I LOVE this machine. It really works awesome. I will purchase freeze dried food in the large can. I separate the ingredients into smaller bottles for my use. I put the canning lid on the bottle, put my sealer on top of it, turn on the machine. You will hear the sealer go up an octave in sound. You then know it is sealed. You can push on the top of the lid to make sure the lid doesn't pop that is did seal tight. When I divide my ingredients into smaller portions and seal them they will stay for years. I love this sealer. I think I watched a video on how to use the sealer on YouTube also.
on March 26, 2014
I've used FoodSaver products for years, so I was anxious to try this small counter model since my full size unit is too large to leave on the counter, and I got tired of lugging it to and from the cabinet. I couldn't be more pleased with this unit. Not sure why there are critical comments here as to its not being capable of sealing jars, wine bottles with FS stoppers, etc. since there is no port for the tubing accessory. I noted below a critique that instructed how to jerry-rig a device to allow the tubing to fit. It doesn't need the tubing accessory! Just place the device on top of the sealing attachment and turn it on. Quite simple! Kudos to FoodSaver for another useful vacuum sealing unit.
on September 10, 2012
I've had mine about 3 weeks now and it has served me admirably. Maybe too soon to tell how the reliability will be but so far, so good. I Like a snack in the evening while watching TV before bedtime...generally tiny carrots, brocccoli and califlower (raw) with a simple dip for them. Before getting the FoodSaver I had to put up with storing my snacks in plain zipper bags or the plastic wrap they came in from the store. Obviously by the time I got to the end of the food supply, the carrots would be dried out and the broc and cali would be brown. Not so anymore. They all stay fresh and wholesome to the very end despite the many bag openings and closings as I use the veggies up. I also like the stamina of the bags. I've used the same bags over and over with no apparent degration of the seals.

I have already recommended this little jewel to my children and friends.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.