FoodSaver V4840 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealer Machine with Automatic Bag Detection and Starter Kit | Safety Certified | Silver
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Save Money and Seal Freshness In: Meat Preserved With the Foodsaver System in the Freezer Can Last up to 3 Years and Still Taste Fresh, Flavorful, and Freezer Burn Free
- Automatic Bag Detection: Automatic Bag Detection Makes Vacuum Sealing Easier Than Ever: Simply Put the Bag in the Vacuum Chamber and the Machine Does the Rest to Ensure Your Food Stays Fresh and Flavorful
- Simple to Use: Built in Roll Storage and Cutter Lets You Easily Make Custom Sized Bags to Fit Whatever You Seal, While Led Light Indicators Easily Guide You Through the Vacuum Sealing Process
- Very Consistent Sealing: Guaranteed to Reach an Optimal Vacuum Level and Airtight Seal; The v4840 Is Durable, High Quality, and Backed by a 5 Year Limited Warranty
- Automatic Moisture Detection: Smart Technology Automatically Detects Moisture and Switches to the Correct Mode to Ensure an Airtight Seal Is Achieved
- NRTL Tested & Certified Product: All Foodsaver Appliances Are Etl or UL Certified by Nationally Recognized Test Laboratories (NRTLs) for Compliance With Applicable Product Safety Test Standards; Safety is Our Number 1 Priority
- Compatibility: Works With Foodsaver 8 Inches and 11 Inches Vacuum Seal Rolls, All Pre Made Bag Sizes, Freshsaver Zipper Bags, Fresh Containers, and Quick Marinator
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
CHOKING HAZARD -- Children under 8 yrs. can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons. Adult supervision required. Keep uninflated balloons from children. Discard broken balloons at once.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
FoodSaver 4840 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System
Lock In Freshness
The FoodSaver 4840 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System helps keep food fresh longer. The system removes air, one of the main causes of mold and food spoilage, from bags and creates an airtight seal to lock in freshness.
One FoodSaver 2-in-1 appliance does it all: automatic bag detection and vacuum sealing mean two quick and easy steps to seal and save, and the built-in handheld sealer eliminates the need for additional attachments when sealing zipper bags and containers.
- Vacuum sealing removes air, one of the main causes of freezer burn, mold, and spoilage
- Automatic bag detection and vacuum sealing means two quick and easy steps to seal
- Handheld sealer seals FoodSaver zipper bags, canisters, containers, and marinates food in minutes
Features & Benefits
Fully Automatic Operation
Fully automatic operation uses exclusive technology to automatically sense the bag and food type to create a perfect, airtight vacuum seal.
Airtight Heat Seal
The vacuum sealing system removes all the air from the bag, then uses heat to create an airtight seal, locking out moisture, air, and freezer burn.
Retractable Handheld Sealer
Designed to work with FoodSaver vacuum zipper bags, containers, canisters, and all other FoodSaver accessories including wine stoppers, jar sealers, and the Quick Marinator.
Top 3 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer
Preserving Bulk Foods
Take the guesswork out of smart shopping—buy in bulk and see all the savings by safely sealing and freezing meats, cheeses, vegetables, and even soups and sauces. Did we mention all FoodSaver bags/rolls are sous vide safe? Simmer away.
Don’t let your garden's harvest go to waste—preserve fruit and veggies for salads, soups, apple sauces, and more. The FoodSaver Jar Sealers (sold separately) give you an easy way to enjoy or gift.
Use your FoodSaver system to prep meals for the week for yourself or your whole family. It’s also great for sealing up the ingredients you need to blend ultra-fresh smoothies, like bananas, mangos, or blueberries.
Compare with similar items
Combining both a handheld and standard vacuum sealer, the V4840 2 in 1 Vacuum Sealer System with Automatic Bag Detection is vacuum sealing versatility at its best. Powerful technology eliminates air from specially designed bags, and automatic bag detection ensures a secure airtight seal to prevent freezer burn. When sealing Food Saver zipper bags and Fresh containers, the convenient handheld retractable sealer eliminates the need for additional attachments. One unit does it all. Pull-out drip tray drawer with patented removable dishwasher-safe drip tray helps keep your counters clean. Includes: (1) 11""x10' vacuum seal roll (3) 1-quart vacuum seal bags (2) 1-gallon vacuum seal bags (3) 1-quart vacuum zipper bags (2) 1-gallon zipper bags.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought this to replace a small clamshell style vacuum sealer and I regret it. The Foodsaver requires approximately 1.5 inches of bag to be inserted per side in order to seal. That's at least a inch more per bag than my clamshell and adds up when you seal multiple bags. I have stopped using the Foodsaver for anything but large items because of this. The Foodsaver also does not seal approximately 30% of the time. It will begin to vacuum and then just continue to vacuum for minutes at a time but will never actually stop vacuuming and seal the bag. When this occurs, I have to cancel, remove the bag, reinsert it, and start the whole process over again. I sometimes have to repeat this process 3 or 4 times before the bag will seal properly. Overall, I am very dissatisfied with the Foodsaver 4800 considering the price I paid.
I am not happy with this system at all. The unit seems to vacuum the all the air out of the first bag, but fails miserably on subsequent attempts. Only 3/4 of the air is drawn out before the vacuum pump stops and the sealing process starts. I have to press the "Cancel" button before it can seal the bag and restart the vacuum process to draw out the remaining air. Total failure. Unfortunately I am past the return period. Needless to say, this unit is going in the trash and I'll try again.
Doesn't matter if it's fresh meat, produce, or the heroic batch of stew or chili that just came off the stove; it all needs to be stored safely.. The years have taught me well, along with Food Saver products... I got onboard with this system about the same time they hit the market... We've gone through changes... I actually prefer some of the older systems, but. that's just from an old guy who hates change.. I'm on board with this newest one, and it is serving me well... Sure, it uses more bags than the old ones did, but it's impressive as hell sitting there on the counter.. LOL
Bottom line is that I cannot imagine being without the capability to vacuum seal anything worth keeping... And this one does it so easily...