Foodsaver FSFSSL2244-000 V2244 Machine for Food Preservation with Bags and Rolls Starter Kit | Number 1 Vacuum Sealer System | Compact and Easy Clean | UL Safe, Single, Black
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||5.91 x 10.64 x 17.72 inches|
|Item Weight||1 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Stretch your dollar: Meat preserved with the foodsaver system in the freezer can last upto 3 years and still taste fresh, flavorful, and freezer burn free; prep ahead meals, leftovers, and produce stored in the fridge will stay fresh upto weeks later instead of spoiling in days
- Number 1 vacuum sealing system: Foodsaver keeps food fresh upto 5x longer compared to ordinary storage methods; Led light indicators easily guide you through the vacuum sealing process; Just press the vacuum and seal button to remove the air that causes freezer burn and spoilage
- Easy lock and latch: 1 handed operation lets you easily lock the lid with a simple turn compared to other competitive units that require considerable force with 2 hands to close and lock the lid
- Seal wet and dry items: No need for multiple modes; The patented removable drip tray will catch any overflow liquid and is dishwasher safe, making this kitchen appliance easy to clean and maintain
- NRTL Tested & Certified Product: All Foodsaver appliances are ETL or UL certified by Nationally Recognized Test Laboratories (NRTLs) for compliance with applicable Product safety test standards; Safety is our number 1 priority
- Compatible with fresh handheld sealer & other accessories: Attach the handheld sealer with the accessory hose included with your machine to start preserving food in the refrigerator and pantry with FoodSaver zipper bags and fresh containers; Other optional accessories include regular and wide mouth mason jar sealers and bottle stoppers for wine and oil bottles
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also viewed these products
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Vacuum sealing removes air, one of the main causes of freezer burn, mold, and spoilage
- Extra-wide sealing strip applies heat for an airtight seal and vacuum chamber reduces bag waste
- Handheld sealer seals FoodSaver zipper bags, canisters, containers, and marinates food in minute
FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System & Starter Kit
Lock In Freshness
The FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System helps keep food fresh longer. The system removes air, one of the main causes of mold and food spoilage, from bags and creates an airtight seal to lock in freshness
The FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System comes complete with a starter kit that includes an 11" x 10' heat seal roll, (3) quart heat seal bags, (2) gallon heat seal bags, and an accessory hose, so you'll soon be on your way to keeping your food fresh, eliminating waste, and saving money.
Easy as 1, 2, 3
Fill bag and place open end into vacuum sealing channel.
Close and lock lid.
Press vacuum and seal button.
Top 3 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer
Preserving Bulk Foods
Take the guesswork out of smart shopping—buy in bulk and see all the savings by safely sealing and freezing meats, cheeses, vegetables, and even soups and sauces. Did we mention all FoodSaver bags/rolls are sous vide safe? Simmer away.
Don’t let your garden's harvest go to waste—preserve fruit and veggies for salads, soups, apple sauces, and more. The FoodSaver Jar Sealers (sold separately) give you an easy way to enjoy or gift.
Use your FoodSaver system to prep meals for the week for yourself or your whole family. It’s also great for sealing up the ingredients you need to blend ultra-fresh smoothies, like bananas, mangoes, or blueberries.
|Meets UL or ETL Safety Standards||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Designed to Prevent Burns||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Patented Removable Drip Tray||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cool Down Required Between Seals||20 seconds||20 seconds||20 seconds||20 seconds|
|Seals with Less Bag Waste||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Built-in Roll Storage and Cutter Bar||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Built-in Handheld Sealer||No||No||No||Yes|
|Quick Marinate Mode||No||No||No||Yes|
|Pack Ins||(1) 11" X 10' vacuum seal roll (3) 1-quart vacuum seal bags (2) 1-gallon vacuum seal bags (1) Accessory Hose||(1) 11" X 10' vacuum seal roll (3) 1-quart vacuum seal bags (2) 1-gallon vacuum seal bags (1) accessory hose||(1) 11" X 10' vacuum seal roll (3) 1-quart vacuum seal bags (2) 1-gallon vacuum seal bags (1) handheld sealer + holder clip (1) accessory hose||(1) 11" X 10' vacuum seal roll (3) 1-quart vacuum seal bags (2) 1-gallon vacuum seal bags|
Compare with similar items
GERYON Vacuum Sealer Machine, Automatic Food Sealer for Food Savers w/Starter Kit|Led Indicator Lights|Easy to Clean|Dry & Moist Food Modes| Compact Design (Silver)
FoodSaver FM2000 Vacuum Sealer Machine with Starter Bags & Rolls | Safety Certified | Black - FM2000-FFP
FoodSaver VS0150 Sealer PowerVac Compact Vacuum Sealing Machine, Vertical Storage, Black
FoodSaver V4840 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealer Machine with Automatic Bag Detection and Starter Kit | Safety Certified | Silver
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon Warehouse||GeryonUS||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||5.91 x 10.64 x 17.72 inches||2.56 x 5.50 x 14.40 inches||17.60 x 5.90 x 10.60 inches||17.29 x 4.97 x 8.99 inches||18.80 x 9.50 x 10.60 inches|
The FoodSaver v2244 Vacuum Sealing System with Starter Kit is the solution to all your food storage needs; FoodSaver keeps food fresh in the freezer up to 5x longer, compared to ordinary storage methods, allowing you to save up to $2700 per year (based on buying in bulk, on sale, and preventing waste). Ordinary storage methods trap air, affecting the food's nutritional value, flavor, and overall quality. But the FoodSaver vacuum system removes most of the air from the sealed container, extending the life of food. With its sleek space saving design and user friendly control panel, the FoodSaver Food Preservation System is the ideal appliance to preserve a variety of foods.
From the Manufacturer
The FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System is a manual vacuum sealer with crush free instant seal and an accessory hose port compatible with all FoodSaver containers.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've used vacuum sealers before and am comfortable in their operation. This one is no different from others I've used, with the exception that this one simply doesn't work. The unit is junk, and doesn't complete a seal. I would chalk it up to a defect, except since the time I purchased the original unit three months ago and now, the price has been cut in half. Clearly they know this unit is no good.
Their customer support is of no help whatsoever, and to be honest kind of struck me as rude/dismissive in their responses. They won't offer any remediation except to say that the unit shouldn't sit as the gasket will dry out. That's a fine response, but anything that can't sit for three months without "drying out" is not a product worth putting money into. Either way, avoid this product and the entire company since you'll never get any help out of them.
***UPDATE - contacted FoodSaver and they are sending me a new one. Hopefully it will work better.
I saw many reviews complaining about their FoodSaver not working well. Most of these were the more expensive models. This one is perfect! Now I can continue to buy in bulk and our food wont freezer burn. If you're cooking your meat first (like meatballs), make sure you refrigerate them before packing so the juice won't be pulled out. I do dap off any excess liquid - like on chicken before I seal because it does pull a lot of juice and can keep it from completely sealing. I wiped off the edges and re-sealed just above the first seal and it worked perfectly. Great save! I've used it about 5 times - make sure you let it cool for 20 seconds in between each sealing process - and it will work fine. I've had no problems with it.
You can cook your food in the bag, too! Low and slow is the way to go! Heat a pot of water to about 180 degrees, place the frozen food in the water and it will be ready in about 30 minutes. I cooked a 4 oz. piece of frozen salmon and it was delicious! Moist and flaky and I didn't have to use the oven! Let the food rest for about 5 minutes before opening the bag.