FoodSaver V3820 Vacuum Food Sealer Packaging System
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Smart Seal technology
- Fully automatic operation
- Air-tight heat seal
- Convenient roll storage
- Delicate food settings
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I found that reading the directions first was helpful. As I noticed in a few reviews on various sites, that several people had obviously not read the directions first. When I packaged the chicken leg quarters I was tired and forgot to put the paper towel at the top of the bag to catch the liquids. The tray in the Food Saver caught it all nicely. The next day though I began to start more of my food saving items and the red light would blink at me. I immediately realized I'd not cleaned the little catch tray and rest of it. I opened it and saw all the powder and dried liquid in the tray. I washed it and it immediately fixed any issue I had with it! :)
My only complaint is now I can make bags faster and complete more bags in a short amount of time.......the food saver can't keep up though and it gets too hot. It's no big whoop though, the red light will blink somewhere after close to 30 minutes or so and I just shut it off and give it a few to cool down and then it's right as rain.****
It is really an amazing investment. I'd buy more for family and friends in a heartbeat!Read more ›
1) You have to fit the bag into the slot and wait for it to recognize it is there and to start vacuuming "automatically". The models where you open the unit, place the bag, and press a button don't require are much more usefull. They don't require as much bag to be inside it to work - so this thing wastses about an inch on every bag (which really adds up). With the lift top styles you can use other bags. I always resealed my cereal bags, chip bags, and such after every use - and it was simple. Good luck getting cereal bags to go into the slot on this and trip the sensors. For packaging treats for kids I used to buy the really cheap foldover sandwhich bags and just seal them for a second - not a chance with this style...
2) Creating your bag with this unit is really clumsy compared to the regular units. You have to open the top and feed the bag through the cutter bar. Once cut you have to push the roll back out of the way. I buy value packs of meat and split them up. With the other styles you leave the roll alone except to pull some forward, close the lid, slide the cutter. This thing leaves about 2" of space from the end when it seals the bag - so if you are doing small items then you're chunking about 4" of wasted bag for each item. With the other systems you can cut the bag, place it over the sealing bar right along it's edge, and then seal it. This style is not even close to as convenient or efficient at making a dozen bags and sealing them.
3) When it works it is convenient and easy - but it wastes bags and pretty much forced you to use their bags. When it doesn't work you want to beat it with a hammer.Read more ›
it takes a few tries to get it the hang of it but once you do its very easy to use. Here is a few tips.
1. Don't use the machine to store the rolls, its annoying as heck. When you need to use, just manual take the roll out of storage and cut it to the lengthen you need.
2. Search the net for whole sale food vacuum rolls, you can buy a case of 12 rolls 8" by 50' for $155. about 80-90% saving over buying the name brand.
3. When sealing thing like bread or squishy things like tomatoes dont let the machine vacuum until it wants to stop. You will ruin both. Manually stop the vaccum the process bu hitting the big button before that happens.
This should get you started, great purchase one of the best I have made in the last year.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you are going to use this product to seal three or four steaks you bought at the grocery store, it works okay but you have to baby it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Guthrie McIllhennon
We've had this for over 2 years and use it frequently. Not only is it good for vacuum dealing but we also use it to reseal other bags, like potatoe chips, after opening. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
I bought this sealer about a year ago and each time I use it, the automatic sealer gets more fussy about how the bag is placed in the sealing slot. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Eldo Bondo
I have this model and have no complaints....yes, sometimes if you are doing a lot of sealing, it does overheat and you have to wait a few minutes, but no big deal... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Neenie
Having owned an older food saver I was up for something new. The V3820 is NOT the unit you would want if you are looking for cost savings on bags and a high rate of... Read morePublished 14 months ago by Moon Wolf
We love it. Can't believe how well it works. Don't hesitate buy a FoodSaver! Don't buy any other brand...you'll be glad that you did!!!Published 17 months ago by Tom Williams
Easy to use - I can leave it on the counter since it takes up such little space. My only complaint is there is waste, because you have to push the cut bag far in enough to trigger... Read morePublished 19 months ago by M. Jennings