Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "FoodSaver V3240 Vacuum Sealing System with Starter..." and save 42% off the $139.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
4 Year Asurion Kitchen Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
FoodSaver V3240 Vacuum Sealing System with Starter Kit
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Starter Kit includes: (1) 11"x10' Roll, (3) Qt Heat-Seal Bags, (2) Gal Heat-Seal Bags
- Manual operation with 2 vacuum speeds, Easy Operation: Vacuums, seals and shuts off automatically with a single touch
- Moist/Dry food settings for optimal sealing
- Crush Free Instant Seal helps protect delicate foods during sealing process
- Convenient roll holder and bag cutter
- FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing Systems are engineered to work best with FoodSaver bags and rolls
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Starter Kit includes:
- (1) 11"x10' Roll
- (3) Qt Heat-Seal Bags
- (2) Gal Heat-Seal Bags
FoodSaver V3240 Vacuum Sealing System with Starter Kit
Saves you money and helps eliminate food waste
The FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System keeps food fresh up to 5x longer than ordinary storage methods and prevents freezer burn, allowing you to save based on buying in bulk, on sale, and preventing waste. This system removes air and moisture from specially designed, multi-layer bags while sealing in flavor so that your food tastes as if it was bought yesterday even after being in the freezer for months. Use it to freeze pre-made dinners that you can reheat during the week, to keep leftovers in the fridge, to deep-freeze cuts of meat, and much more.
Speed & Food Type Settings
Adjusts vacuum speed based on food type. Moist/Dry Food Settings adjusts seal level based on dry or moist food.
Convenient Roll Storage
The FoodSaver roll conveniently stores inside the machine, decreasing clutter.
The extra-wide sealing strip applies heat for a secure, airtight seal that locks in the freshness and flavor of food.
How to Use Your FoodSaver System for Sous Vide Cooking
Effectively Prepares Food
Sous vide allows you to precisely control your cooking temperature to achieve perfect results. You can cook sous vide in FoodSaver bags by placing them in water at any temperature up to 195°F/90°C.
Keeps Ingredients Secure
By using your FoodSaver vacuum sealing system, water can't permeate through the bag and mess with your ingredients, so your food stays secure during its water bath.
Prevents Contents From Floating
FoodSaver bags and vacuum sealers are ideal for sous vide cooking because they remove all the air around the food, effectively ensuring that the bags will float less than ordinary zipper bags.
VERTICAL DESIGN SAVES COUNTERTOP SPACE LARGE, EASY-TO-READ CONTROL BUTTONS ROLL STORAGE 2 SEALING LEVELS 2 VACUUM SPEEDS DOUBLE-WIDE SEALING STRIP COMPACT SIZE WITH EASY HANDS-FREE OPERATION EASY-CLEAN ANTIBACTERIAL DRIP TRAY ACCESSORY PORT INCLUDES ONE 11 X 10-FT HEAT-SEAL ROLL, 3 QUART BAGS, 2 GALLON BAGS and ACCESSORY HOSE
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
P.S. don't bother with the pre made bag, get the roll and make them yourself, FAR more economical.
the rolls are pretty much no brainer and some snack items or spices, i dont even need to use the food saver bag, i just reseal it in the packaging it comes in. i find it handy and hassle free. Best addition yet for my kitchen. Dont have to worry about containers and throwing out stuff after a certain date, definitely a must have,
it also have the pump to tighten and seal mason jars for ur veg and juices. It has a drip pan inside so when you vacuum and seal anything wet or meat or with moisture, the drip pan collects the excess water. just take it out, wash it n put it back in.
Easy to maintain. Coming from someone whos been reading up each and every other reviews and trying one after another vac sealer, this one is definitely the best ive had.
Initially, this is all someone could ask for in a vacuum sealing unit. It has the ability to seal rolls and handle different types of food and liquids based upon an intuitive front button press. It has a nice area to put the roll for storage as well as a convenient cutter tool integrated into the lid to allow you to cut your bags to size. It was fairly hands off and vacuumed to the proper level when needed. All in all, for the first 3-6 months I owned this product I was extremely happy with it.
Unfortunately, this product has NOT stood the test of time. I ran into an issue after the machine had not been used for some time. The machine sat on a counter after we moved and vacuum sealing food was not a priority while we settled into our home. Once I tried to use the machine again, I started getting bad vacuums, incomplete vacuums and even situations where it wasn't even pulling any vacuum. I replaced the o-ring glands and tried again and it still was not really fixing the issue.
I do like taking things apart, so I brought it down to the workshop and took the entire unit apart looking at the various components to see if there were any issues. The pump appeared to be working properly and eventually was able to diagnose it to the fact that the "automated" clamping was not putting sufficient force down onto the bag/seals in order to allow the bags to be vacuumed properly.
So I've come up with a solution, which should not be the case for any $120 dollar machine, I've removed the top of the unit and when I vacuum anything I reach inside and apply additional pressure to the top of the closed unit in order to allow the bags to be properly vacuumed. This consistently has seemed to work but any device that needs to be troubleshot and have me take apart half of the unit in order to reduce the gap between actuated components gets a 1 star review from me.
1. Works great in the beginning
2. Allows vacuuming of solids and liquids
3. Multiple intuitive settings.
1. Functionality of the device stopped after about 6 months of use.
2. Had to remove the cover and need to manually press down onto the actuating portion of the unit in order for it to properly seal bags and take them to vacuum.