Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NOW Foods L-carnosine 500mg, 100 Vegetarian Capsules
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 100|Change

on October 25, 2013
I take a 500mg pill everyday and so far so good(been taking it for over a year). I do feel my skin is more supple and I have more energy. I am in my thirties so the effects may not be as strong, but my dad started taking it (in his sixties) and he's reported more energy as well.
on March 4, 2014
Okay, so I've been taking this product for about 3 months now because I've read that it can slow down the aging process and reverse it in some cases, as it was for me.

I had no problems with the packaging, delivery time, or product quality so I'll move onto the actual product. Even though I had read otherwise, for some reason I thought that I would wake up the next day after first taking this and look 5+ years younger. Of course, that didn't happen. Don't expect this product to work overnight or even in the span of a week. It takes time for noticeable results.

I'm a 28 year old male, so I'm not exactly old. However, because I was overweight, I looked younger than my age to most people. When a person has a chubby face it's difficult to tell how old they are as I'm sure many of you have noticed. About a year ago I lost a lot of weight and now I'm in good shape.

However, I was left with a lot of wrinkles because the fat had stretched out the skin on my face and other body parts. This was especially noticeable when I would smile. So, rather than look 18-21 which is what most people mistook me for before I lost the weight; after losing the weight I looked like I was 28-32.

This was of course disheartening to me since I was so used to my smooth, wrinkle-free face for all my life and now I looked like I was aging big time. Losing weight shouldn't come with negative consequences!!! So, I did some research and tried many other supplements including astaxanthin, which is supposed to be the most powerful anti-oxidant and helps to slow down the aging process.

I was on astaxanthin for months before I tried this product and I didn't notice any major difference, although I wasn't getting older looking either so I think maybe astaxanthin is good for slowing down aging rather than reversing it.

After just one month of taking L-Carnosine, 4 pills a day(So, 2,000mg), I noticed several of my wrinkles were gone and my skin in general began to tighten up. Fast forward to where I am now, three months into using it and all of the wrinkles I have are gone. When I smile; no wrinkles. I look like I am in my late teens/early twenties again.

So, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is interested in looking younger. I'm not sure if I feel younger, but since the improvement is gradual I might not have felt myself getting more energized over time. I'm certainly not someone who lacks for energy though.

Anyways, if you want to look years younger, buy this product! If anyone has questions I'll be happy to answer them!
1010 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2013
My husband is taking this for Pre-diabetes along with other supplements. We both are taking it as a recommendation from Dr. Oz to help slow down the aging process. Oz highly recommends taking this supplement. It has softened facial lines and helped with joint pain after exercising. All the other benefits will be accumulative, I'm sure, as time goes by. It can't hurt.
Here is some more information about L-Carnosine:
Benefits of L-Carnosine

How Can it Benefit You?

Even though the benefits of L-Carnosine have not been thoroughly researched, based on preliminary studies it may be useful to:

Carnosine may be of benefit in complications associated with diabetes, cataracts, kidney failure, and neuropathy.

L- Carnosine may also help to slow down the aging of skin, minimizing wrinkles and the breakdown of skin elasticity.

It may be beneficial in the prevention of atherosclerosis, joint inflammation and cataract formation.

Carnosine has shown to reduce and prevent cell damage caused by beta amyloid, a substance found in the brain of Alzheimer sufferers.

In addition, it appears to have the ability to help eradicate the bacterium (Helicobacter pylori), an organism linked to peptic ulcer and even stomach cancer. As such, carnosine may provide significant protection and healing of both gastric and peptic ulcers.

More possible benefits of L-Carnosine ................

Increases muscle strength and endurance.
Protects against radiation damage.
Improves the function of the heart.
Speeds wound healing.
Super antioxidant that quenches even the most destructive free radicals.
Boosts immunity and reduces inflammation.
It helps chelate certain heavy metals from the body (chelate means to pull out).
May help children with autism.
Carnosine may produce anti-cancer effects on the body.
Protects the aging process of the brain by retarding lipid peroxidation and stabilizing cell membranes.
L-Carnosine may help to prevent and may even treat age-related conditions such as:

Neurological degeneration
Cellular senescence (cell aging)
Cross-linking of the eye lens
Accumulation of damaged proteins
Muscle atrophy
Brain circulatory deficit
Cross-linking of skin collagen
LDL cholesterol oxidation
DNA chromosome damage
Formation of advanced glycation end products (AGEs)
M
44 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2014
I noticed my eyesight improved after using this for a month. I was using it more for my skin since it's great for skin, but wow! Nice surprise that it also helps with eye site. Highly recommended!!
on May 21, 2012
Since I started using it I feel great. I am a full time student and a stying home mom. I felt constantly tired, had poblem with concentrating and memorizing. Stress and lack of sleep added a few wrinkles. Since I started using the supplement I have more energy, some of the wrinkles diminished, my memory got better.This is a very god product. It works for me.
on January 3, 2014
I knew L-carnosine was a cell rejuvenator, but I was surprised when rough tan spots above my eyebrow and beside my eye got smooth and lighter. Pretty cool stuff.
on July 1, 2012
I saw this on Dr Oz as an "anti-aging" pill. And it actually works! I'm 42yrs and and the lines around my eyes have softened , and my overall complexion is more youthful. Everyone says I look 10yrs younger. I started noticing a difference within 2wks. Definitely recommended!! 👍
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2015
I had heard of this on Dr Oz (who I am I on the fence about these days) as well as other places. It did prompt me to do my own research though & piqued my curiosity. I utilized sites like livestrong, web md, etc...basically information with no gain to sell anything to anyone. Many reputable sites notated the claims of this supplement - it's been through a lot of studies. It is kind of pricey but I chose to try it out. I love it! First off, I really notice more "energy"..I do take 1000mg a day. I actually break open the capsules b/c I digest a powder form better. (absorption for me is better) - I am not doctor so always check with someone with a degree in the medical field before going off of a faceless online person. I put the 1000 in a tall glass of water and drink it at once. I've been doing this for weeks and I even feel alot more motivated. I'm not sure if it has any correlation with dopamine (my favorite neurotransmitter) but I'm going to check. Normally I take a blend of other things for that. L-carnosine is basically a blend of 2 other amino acids...one your body makes (non essential) combined with an essential. As we age, this process seems to slow down from what I read. Especially if you are not getting the right things in your diet, etc. Your body is more easily depleted with age so supplementing with certain things become more crucial and can be highly effective. I really do like the effects I've been having...More energy, my mind is more active, I'm more motivated, I'm exercising more and making better choices with food, cravings for sugar are down...it's all a chain effect. Do your research, read about this stuff and what it does (alzheimers included, amazing info) to see if it's something you feel may want to try. All I can say is that I went from a lethargic apathetic state to a much better one within weeks. I'm not out doing marathons or anything but I "feel" so much better. I do break open 2 capsules and put it in water so this is at 1000 mg a day. I will keep this one in stock with a few others. So glad I tried it!
on May 18, 2015
I absolutely love this! I have literally no side affects, digestive issues, changes in taste/smell or otherwise negative at all. I feel overall just better than before I started taking these. I'm no doctor and I'm sure the benefits will vary by individual, but for myself I've had significant improvement in overall balanced energy levels and haven't had any aches or pains at all since beginning to take these. I usually take one a day, but occasionally will take two (spaced out by several hours). I will be buying more.
on January 13, 2016
my husband has an autoimmune muscle problem MG which causes his muscles to be weak and eyelids to droop. This product has helped him more than anything we have ever tried. I have fibromyalgia and I have noticed less muscle pain since I have been taking this.