Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 354 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 378 reviews
on May 19, 2017
I have bought several pairs of shoe laces from Foot Galaxy mostly to color match my shoes and somewhat customize them. These shoe laces stay tied and they look great. It is very important to verify the length you need before ordering ( I learned the hard way). On this site sometimes the color of the lace is not clearly the color you get. By example there are two greens and the hunter green is darker than the picture and Kelly is probably lighter but in the picture they look very close. The shipping is fast and if you are looking for a special lace, this is the ticket.
on June 11, 2014
A shoelace should not be something one should need to think about. Alas, over the past decade, somewhere in the shoelace manufacturing community, some clever person came up with a magical recipe: a shoelace that a) won't stay tied, b) frays after just a dozen or so uses, and c) when it frays, reveals a white interior core. This marvel of modern engineering must have certainly cost even less to make than traditional shoelaces, because it caught on with the bulk of shoe companies, as their OEM offering.
I finally got tired of re-tying my laces 4 times a day, and decided "I'm mad and I'm not gonna take it anymore".
Enter the FootGalaxy folk from North Carolina. I purchased 6 pair, 3 each of two colors. I've been using them for 8 days now and not once have they come untied on their own. They show no sign of premature fraying either. Thank you FootGalaxy! Now don't change the way you make your product. Leave well enough alone, and the world will beat a path to your door.
on March 17, 2015
I know most people give these 5 (or 4) stars, but here's why I didn't. It's common knowledge, or at least I thought it was, that the way to determine the length needed for laces is to count the number of wholes on one side of your shoe, and mulitply by 6. Therefore, a shoe with 5 holes on one side would require a 30" shoelace. Guess what? These laces don't come in multiples of 6. They don't come in multiples of anything. It just seems to be random numbers. The quality seems good. But for myself, getting the correct size is the highest priority. And they don't even offer the size that I need. So now I'm stuck with laces too short and, the next size larger would be way too large.
on August 6, 2012
I love neon yellow clothing in combination with black clothes, so I ordered these for my black/neon Nike shoes. I got more than I expected. The neon yellow on the shoelaces is so strong is looks as though it is glowing from black light, yet its in normal daylight. When the sun starts to go down these shoelaces literally look like they are glowing just like if black light was to illuminate them. The shoelaces are in an excellent quality and brand new when I got them. I am so fond of the neon color these shoelaces has that I am highly tempted to buy more in order to use them as sewing material, because some neon yellow nylon string I ordered before isn't even as strong as this.

Other than my neon obsessed opinion this product was very good overall. It was shipped quickly, and it came in perfect condition. BUT the best thing to do is to order a couple of shoelaces because if you order just one pair it wont make sense with the shipping cost, its more worth it if you order a couple.
on June 9, 2016
I have the green, purple, and gray ones. They work as expected.
on March 19, 2017
Great, just like you get with new shoes. Hate the thin wax type. This cloth rope-like lace is thick, soft and strong!
on June 4, 2015
If you wear Vans SK8-Hi shoes, these are a way better alternative then the factory provided laces. They cinch up nice and snug and you can buy different colors to match your skate wear. These are very durable laces and should outlast your shoes no matter how hard you skate.
These laces are all I ever use know on my Vans, and I replaces the cheap factory Vans laces the instant I take them out of the shoe box.
Get these laces, especially if you skate.. PS These laces come in all sizes, all you need to do is lay out your old shoe lace, measure it, and then order the same length.
on May 19, 2016
They were a little too long, but I worked around it by taking two passes through the bottom eyelets. They sent a nice sizing chart with the laces, but if it was on Amazon, I missed it. The quality seems really good. I will look for them in the future (as well as hang on to the sizing chart!).
on December 19, 2014
Updated 21 Feb 2017:
I have had to downgrade my review, as FootGalaxy is no longer shipping the ordered size. I ordered three sets of blue 54" laces, and received three sets of blue 45" laces. When I contacted the seller, they told me to keep the wrong laces and they would send correctly-sized replacements. Shortly thereafter, I received three more sets of 45" laces.

I'd previously bought some of these laces for my Columbia winter boots, based on my experience with laces for my hiking shoes. Snow and driveway salt are not kind to laces, nor are the metal lugs on these boots. The FootGalaxy laces wear out very quickly compared with the OEM laces, though; two pairs a season isn't unusual. They got it right a few years ago, but this time they seem to have serious inventory-control issues.

Original below:
Merrill's Moab Ventilator hiking shoes are pretty durable, but the laces tend to wear out long before the rest of the shoe. It's difficult to find round laces in retail stores... and if you do, chances are they'll be some weird shade of brown that doesn't look at all right on this shoe.

The FootGalaxy Black with Gold Chip 45" round lace is the closest thing I've found to a factory replacement. The color isn't quite the same—Merrill's factory laces are more gold-with-black than black-with-gold—but it's close enough to look right. The laces are a bit less thick and a bit less sturdy than the factory laces, and they have a less smooth finish to them. But they hold up well, they stay tied, they look right, and they're the right length.

If you want to extend the life of your hiking shoes without looking like a dork, these are your best choice.
on December 31, 2014
I ordered a pair of women's hiking shoes (I usually order men's because they are wide enough and shoestrings are long enough) which I really liked. They happened to be wide enough for a change. But, the shoestrings were too short to double-knot. I like to double-knot my shoestrings on hiking shoes because the strings do not hold a tie well. By double-knotting they stay tied throughout the day. I ordered these shoestrings in a color that turned out to be a very good match to the color of my shoes. And, they are long enough to double-knot. I would definitely order these again if needed in the future.