Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 59 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 63 reviews
on September 2, 2012
I used Lexol 1020 Applicator Sponges, 2-pack to apply and it was super easy. I heated my boots in the oven for ~10 minutes at around 120 degrees F. It definitely changed the shade of my brown boot and made it darker, but I actually wanted it to be a little darker. Sorry I didn't take a before/after pic, but my boots went from maybe a 6 on my darkness scale (1 - 10) to an 8. Water just beads right off though. Very happy.
on March 25, 2017
This stuff is amazing. Used it on my boots, and my feet stopped getting wet. Outside of boots, I tried this on my leather tool pouch, and, wow, it made a huge difference. I wasn't trying to make it look any better (just wanted to waterproof it for the rainy season coming), but, wow, my pouch looks brand new and feels great. I added before and after pictures.
review image review image review image review image
on February 5, 2016
This is my 3rd can of this product. I put it on my logger boots once a month or so and at that rate it lasts between 2-3 years before I need to reorder. Great product.
on February 9, 2013
The beeswax shipped pretty fast, since I signed up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. The directions are on the back on how to use it. You heat up your boots, heat up the beeswax, and apply to the boots with a sponge. I used a paper towel as an applicator. I also heated up my boots with a hair dryer on hot, but I probably only should've used the warm setting, because my boots got a little wrinkly afterwards (it says do not exceed heat of 120 degrees F...I never read instructions, cuz I'm a rebel.) After the boots were heated up I just blasted the wax really quick, and then I got a glob and slathered it on the boots in a circular motion. I used a really generous amount; probably too much. You should probably start small and then build up from that. Anywho, after I got done applying the beeswax, my boots (black) looked pretty much the same, but they had an oily, waxy feel to them. I get the feeling you're supposed to let them sit for awhile to let the stuff soak in, or maybe I put too much, but anyways, I ran them under some water and it just beaded up and went away. After about one day, the waxy feel went away and the boots looked and felt exactly the same as before, but this time, they were waterproof. I mean, forrealz waterproof. I accidentally spilt fruit punch on them, and they still look good. Dirt is easier to wipe off of them now, too.
Bottom line, the application process is a little tedious (I thought it was fun, but I'm just weird like that) but it's totally worth it because it makes your boots waterproof, has no fragrance, and is natural and won't give you cancer or whatever from the chemicals.
on March 17, 2017
Brought life back to my items
on June 11, 2012
I bought this to use on a very old pair of Birkenstocks (+6 years and resoled once) and a new leather wallet that I had purchased that was getting really scuffed up in my wallet. I had used Kiwi Saddle Soap on both of them before to try to clean them up and restore the leather, but it did not seem to do much. I liked the idea of using a more natural beeswax product, and decided to take a gamble on this paste given the other two positive reviews. I was definitely not disappointed!

The paste tin arrived in a plastic wrap/baggie, which was a good thing as it was very greasy (I blame the hot weather, but just be aware). I tried to heat up the leather shoes according to the instructions by using a hairdryer, but honestly I didn't feel much of a difference in the heat of the leather so I skipped it when I did the wallet, and there was no real difference. Just be advised that it was ~75-80 in my house, so the leather could have been naturally at the desired heat already.

Actually applying the wax was very easy - I just used a piece of paper towel to skim off the wax from the tin. I found that applying the wax in small circles was the most effective way of avoiding globs/build-up, though some of the heavily creased areas of the wallet seemed to soak up a lot more. I was a little bit nervous about how dark the leather became once I started applying (the wallet went from a medium-light blond color to a darker reddish-brown), but now that the wallet dried it did lighten up considerably (it is still slightly darker than before, though honestly I prefer it this way). There was not as much of a color difference on my dark brown Birkenstocks, though it did do an AMAZING job restoring the faded leather--you can barely tell where it used to be almost white.

Overall this was a great deal, and I only used a tiny portion of the wax on those two articles. I plan to coat a bunch more of my leather goods, if only to restore the leather and prevent future damage. I can't attest to the waterproof claim, but if you want to make your leather goods look rich and healthy again, this is great!
on January 3, 2013
I bought this to put on new leather boots before the holidays in a snowy city. It seemed to do a good job. I haven't worn them in the rain, but walked through snow in them and it didn't damage them. I didn't notice a color change at all. I used it again after my trip to clean them up and it took care of scuff marks and made the boots look new again, so I will definitely be applying this from time to time. I did the whole hair dryer bit the first time, but like other reviews, am not so sure it's needed. I didn't use the hair dryer the second time and got the same results. Works pretty well and it doesn't smell!
on February 3, 2014
I wanted something that would condition the leather of my boots rather than just spray on one of the silicone waterproof products.
Because it has beeswax in it, I thought it would be hard - hence the directions say to warm the leather with a hair dryer. The product is the consistency of "hard lard" - not like margarine or shortening. Although I did warm the leather at the beginning, I found that it seemed to penetrate well without warming the leather with a hair dryer. It was easy to use and went into all the creases and seams. I would recommend wearing nytrile gloves - because I had just polished my boots and this product seemed to absorb the polish while it was being worked into the leather and consequently got on my fingers and under the nails of the hand I was using to apply the waterproofer. It did come off with thorough washing and a shower the next morning. biut I didn't like the way my hands looked for the evening. So far the waterproofing product seems to be working well. Will add to this review if I have problems later.
on February 1, 2012
I used the Jobsite Beeswax Waterproofer on my Vintage Boots handmade in Pennsylvania. The directions are very clear and my boots are staying fairly dry. I didn't heat up my boots the way they suggested which could be why it's not completely waterproofing. My boots stay dry on the inside, looks wet.
on March 20, 2012
You need to soften the wax before using, and you also have to heat leather with a hair dryer before applying. Major pain, but it works beautifully if you're willing to go through all the steps.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.