Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 9, 2013
The beeswax shipped pretty fast, since I signed up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. The directions are on the back on how to use it. You heat up your boots, heat up the beeswax, and apply to the boots with a sponge. I used a paper towel as an applicator. I also heated up my boots with a hair dryer on hot, but I probably only should've used the warm setting, because my boots got a little wrinkly afterwards (it says do not exceed heat of 120 degrees F...I never read instructions, cuz I'm a rebel.) After the boots were heated up I just blasted the wax really quick, and then I got a glob and slathered it on the boots in a circular motion. I used a really generous amount; probably too much. You should probably start small and then build up from that. Anywho, after I got done applying the beeswax, my boots (black) looked pretty much the same, but they had an oily, waxy feel to them. I get the feeling you're supposed to let them sit for awhile to let the stuff soak in, or maybe I put too much, but anyways, I ran them under some water and it just beaded up and went away. After about one day, the waxy feel went away and the boots looked and felt exactly the same as before, but this time, they were waterproof. I mean, forrealz waterproof. I accidentally spilt fruit punch on them, and they still look good. Dirt is easier to wipe off of them now, too.
Bottom line, the application process is a little tedious (I thought it was fun, but I'm just weird like that) but it's totally worth it because it makes your boots waterproof, has no fragrance, and is natural and won't give you cancer or whatever from the chemicals.
25 helpful votes
26 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on November 24, 2015
There were several options for waterproofing. Happy I chose this one. I used a hairdryer on my shoes and bag and the beeswax. However quickly stopped heating the leather and just used on the beeswax. Couldn't tell a difference at all as far as absorption. Does not leave pasty buildup like other products I've tried. If you keep the beeswax a little warm it goes on almost like a clear liquid. Doens't take long with hairdryer - maybe 20 seconds at most.

Wasn't oily on my fingers after I was done with application either, nice.

Did change the color of my golden / brown backpack to more of a muted dun color. But still looks cool.
Not sure how many coats they suggest, I did 2 coats on boots, and one good one on backpack. Although the tub is pretty big I used most of it.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on September 2, 2012
I used Lexol 1020 Applicator Sponges, 2-pack to apply and it was super easy. I heated my boots in the oven for ~10 minutes at around 120 degrees F. It definitely changed the shade of my brown boot and made it darker, but I actually wanted it to be a little darker. Sorry I didn't take a before/after pic, but my boots went from maybe a 6 on my darkness scale (1 - 10) to an 8. Water just beads right off though. Very happy.
13 helpful votes
14 helpful votes
on May 1, 2017
Love this product. I am a field scientist (meaning 99% of the time I am outside in some time of field rain or shine). With that being said, I bought this product to help protect my work boots from the environment and keep water from getting in them. So far I absolutely love it! I have only applied it once and it was super easy to apply. I would recommend it if you are trying to keep your feet dry and your shoes lasting a bit longer. When you apply this product your shoes do get a shade darker just as an fyi.
2 helpful votes
on February 5, 2016
This is my 3rd can of this product. I put it on my logger boots once a month or so and at that rate it lasts between 2-3 years before I need to reorder. Great product.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on September 9, 2017
Goes on easily. Doesn't leave a slimy film. Made my old Merrill Mocs look much newer. No shoe polish needed. Excellent product.
on June 1, 2017
No more wet socks
on January 24, 2017
Exactly what my gloves needed. After a wet weekend in Mammoth my gloves were soaked through; I hadn't applied any waterproof wax in over a year. Applied one coat before Big Bear last weekend and gloves were bone dry. Perfect.
on December 7, 2016
Very important product to maintain and preserve leather items. After applying the leather does take on a darker color but I feel that adds to the natural look. Does not stick or stink, did not rub off on my clothing.
on February 13, 2017
Went on easily and kept my boots nice and dry. It did darken the leather slightly which is what I expected. I used it on three pairs of work boots and the container is still 90% full. Great product.