Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 64 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on February 9, 2013
The beeswax shipped pretty fast, since I signed up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. The directions are on the back on how to use it. You heat up your boots, heat up the beeswax, and apply to the boots with a sponge. I used a paper towel as an applicator. I also heated up my boots with a hair dryer on hot, but I probably only should've used the warm setting, because my boots got a little wrinkly afterwards (it says do not exceed heat of 120 degrees F...I never read instructions, cuz I'm a rebel.) After the boots were heated up I just blasted the wax really quick, and then I got a glob and slathered it on the boots in a circular motion. I used a really generous amount; probably too much. You should probably start small and then build up from that. Anywho, after I got done applying the beeswax, my boots (black) looked pretty much the same, but they had an oily, waxy feel to them. I get the feeling you're supposed to let them sit for awhile to let the stuff soak in, or maybe I put too much, but anyways, I ran them under some water and it just beaded up and went away. After about one day, the waxy feel went away and the boots looked and felt exactly the same as before, but this time, they were waterproof. I mean, forrealz waterproof. I accidentally spilt fruit punch on them, and they still look good. Dirt is easier to wipe off of them now, too.
Bottom line, the application process is a little tedious (I thought it was fun, but I'm just weird like that) but it's totally worth it because it makes your boots waterproof, has no fragrance, and is natural and won't give you cancer or whatever from the chemicals.
on September 2, 2012
I used Lexol 1020 Applicator Sponges, 2-pack to apply and it was super easy. I heated my boots in the oven for ~10 minutes at around 120 degrees F. It definitely changed the shade of my brown boot and made it darker, but I actually wanted it to be a little darker. Sorry I didn't take a before/after pic, but my boots went from maybe a 6 on my darkness scale (1 - 10) to an 8. Water just beads right off though. Very happy.
on May 1, 2017
Love this product. I am a field scientist (meaning 99% of the time I am outside in some time of field rain or shine). With that being said, I bought this product to help protect my work boots from the environment and keep water from getting in them. So far I absolutely love it! I have only applied it once and it was super easy to apply. I would recommend it if you are trying to keep your feet dry and your shoes lasting a bit longer. When you apply this product your shoes do get a shade darker just as an fyi.
on May 24, 2017
I don't know a lot about this type of product. I used it on a pair of light brown dressy boots (made from natural leather, untreated for any kind of waterproof material). The paste goes on fairly easy but made my boots SIGNIFICANTLY darker. This was fine, I knew they would darken the leather from the other reviews. The boots are now dark brown but they look good. Was out on a damp day and I got some of the white discoloration on the front of the boot (perhaps from salt). After a few days I reapplied this paste and it seems to have gone away.
on March 25, 2017
This stuff is amazing. Used it on my boots, and my feet stopped getting wet. Outside of boots, I tried this on my leather tool pouch, and, wow, it made a huge difference. I wasn't trying to make it look any better (just wanted to waterproof it for the rainy season coming), but, wow, my pouch looks brand new and feels great. I added before and after pictures.
review image review image review image review image
on February 5, 2016
This is my 3rd can of this product. I put it on my logger boots once a month or so and at that rate it lasts between 2-3 years before I need to reorder. Great product.
on November 24, 2015
There were several options for waterproofing. Happy I chose this one. I used a hairdryer on my shoes and bag and the beeswax. However quickly stopped heating the leather and just used on the beeswax. Couldn't tell a difference at all as far as absorption. Does not leave pasty buildup like other products I've tried. If you keep the beeswax a little warm it goes on almost like a clear liquid. Doens't take long with hairdryer - maybe 20 seconds at most.

Wasn't oily on my fingers after I was done with application either, nice.

Did change the color of my golden / brown backpack to more of a muted dun color. But still looks cool.
Not sure how many coats they suggest, I did 2 coats on boots, and one good one on backpack. Although the tub is pretty big I used most of it.
on February 3, 2014
I wanted something that would condition the leather of my boots rather than just spray on one of the silicone waterproof products.
Because it has beeswax in it, I thought it would be hard - hence the directions say to warm the leather with a hair dryer. The product is the consistency of "hard lard" - not like margarine or shortening. Although I did warm the leather at the beginning, I found that it seemed to penetrate well without warming the leather with a hair dryer. It was easy to use and went into all the creases and seams. I would recommend wearing nytrile gloves - because I had just polished my boots and this product seemed to absorb the polish while it was being worked into the leather and consequently got on my fingers and under the nails of the hand I was using to apply the waterproofer. It did come off with thorough washing and a shower the next morning. biut I didn't like the way my hands looked for the evening. So far the waterproofing product seems to be working well. Will add to this review if I have problems later.
on September 9, 2017
Goes on easily. Doesn't leave a slimy film. Made my old Merrill Mocs look much newer. No shoe polish needed. Excellent product.
on June 1, 2017
No more wet socks

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.