Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on August 30, 2013
I am a huge fan of Football Outsiders. What I liked about them in the past was their bold predictions. They predicted Shaun Alexander would hit a brick wall and this was right after he had a splendid season. There were other predictions they made and many came out.

Now they do not seem to give too many predictions on players or teams... they have vanilla-ized it. A lot of the reading gets repetitive.

It is still a worthy book but not as good the past couple of years as it was previously.
on September 8, 2013
Football Outsiders provides leading-edge pro and college football analysis, and their published almanacs continually get better as a result of fine-tuning their formulae. The team chapters are a great read, and the player breakdowns are amazing - you'll deep-dive with more acuity about actual and predicted performance in this journal vs. other publications, and the writing is pithy and focused without settling for drama to replace the analysis. Excellent publication and a fun, informative read.
on September 6, 2013
Football Outsiders routinely produce the best guide to the NFL year in and year out. This book is a must-have for fans, fantasy football players and office pool entrants(read:gamblers). Not only is the book a great resource, the website from whence it sprang provides week by week updates of team and player metrics. In my opinion this is the best source of advanced football metrics, hands down.
on September 3, 2013
I'm a huge fan of the Football Outsiders Almanac. I promise you that if you have a family member obsessed with NFL football, including fantasy football and wagering, they would love to receive this book as a gift. Even if they don't normally like books. The Almanac is tough to put down and it delivers a ton of info that I use every week. It is a season long reference for a football fanatic.
on February 7, 2014
I have bought Football Outsiders huge book every year since about 2008, and I will continue to do so. Their predictions for fantasy players are as good as any experts, I always get a few gems from them. This book contains a ton of info, you can read it for a month and still get good stuff from it. I would absolutely recommend Aaron and his staffs work.
on August 26, 2013
I always love to read what the crew at football outsiders have to say about what happened with the NFL. Every year they put out a book that is loaded with information that will give a a better understanding of what happened in the prior year of the NFL and what treads to expect in the upcoming NFL football season.
on September 5, 2013
I read it every year. Also my favorite football website. Comedy mixed with great insight. Lots of information without being too dense.
on September 12, 2013
maybe the best book ever written about football.Especially liked the college section. Writting was also creative and kept my attention.
on February 21, 2015
I like it thanks.

A.Barros
on September 9, 2013
The only source I have found that predicts performance instead of solely looking at last year's stats. I buy it every year.