Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 19, 2017
I use to live in Santa Barbara and enjoy all of Sue Grafton's alphabet books. This one ended with an unexpected ending.
on March 13, 2017
excellent
on December 6, 2012
I absolutely love Sue Grafton Series because it so entertaining as well as her down to earth character Kinsey Millhone who has sharp wit, dry humor and a lovely disposition. I highly recommend this book for its wonderful characters and the plot it pulls you in to the point that you want to help solve it. Great Plot!!!!!
on September 14, 2017
Loved it!
on August 2, 2017
Great book and great author. I almost have the whole alphabet!
on March 15, 2016
I love all my Sue Grafton audio books. I have them all thanks to my husband buying the entire set at that time for me at Christmas 5 years ago. I have added the ones since then. I have a fanny pack with my CD player in it and I listen while I knit, crochet, pull weeds or clean. I have listened to each of them multiple times. Love me some Kinsey Millhone!
on October 21, 2002
This novel is like a slow baseball game with two announcers, one giving the play-by-play and the other giving color commentary - in this case long descriptions of passing scenery, people, restaurant menus, etc. This is the 17th novel about private investigator Kinsey Millhone in the fictional city of Santa Teresa, California (set geographically in the location of the real life Santa Barbara). In this case, she teams up with Lieutenant Con Dolan, on medical disability from the Santa Teresa Police Department, and retired Dectective Stacey Oliphant of the Santa Teresa County Sheriff's Office.
The time setting is early in 1987. Kinsey is helping out on an 18-year old unsolved murder case. Con and Stacey had been the men who discovered the body, and they are interested in closing out the case. A new look at the case reveals new evidence. The play-by-play is interesting, but the color commentary seems a bit excessive and makes the story drag. Along the way, Kinsey discovers additional information about her mother's family. A major part of the story is the rehabilitation of Con and Stacey.
The novel has some motion picture potential, where the side commentary could be covered visually. As an added feature, look in the back of the book for the forensic reconstruction of an unidentified murder victim that the Santa Barbara Sheriff's Office would like help in identifying.
on November 12, 2011
I really enjoyed Q .... have been reading them on Kindle starting with A and working my way down the alphabet. It was a good case ... a cold case being reopened and the town and characters were all good. What I especcially liked was Kinsey working with Con and Stacey .. the 3 of them made a good team and they all cared about each other so much. While Kinsey still needs some private ME time, she missed "the boys" when they went home earlier than she did, she missed Henry while she was away, and her armor cracked a bit when she met her Aunt Suzanne. Kinsey will always be independant and private, but I like that she is starting to let people into her private space some. I hope to see more of Con and Stacey in upcoming books, as well as her aunt and Tasha.... taking things at Kinsey speed, of course
on July 4, 2017
This was as engrossing as the last. I read these books over and over again and never get tired of this series. I highly recommend.
on August 15, 2015
I have loved every one of these books! I feel like Kinsey is an old friend! Each book gives you enough information that it could easily stand alone. I liked the fact that she teamed up with two cantankerous, older detectives to solve this mystery! Excellent!