Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13 reviews
on April 3, 2014
Wonderful book. I am a MD, working always FOR life. Paul* made me clear the actual meaning of that word, much more than a word the only and great reason of being. Neat concepts that rounded my view of the humanity. After reading this book I had a "revelation" , I AM HUMAN. Enough for happiness and nothing else is needed. Read the book and all will live better.
* never knew him, what I regret, but he got inside me so deeply that I see him like my elder brother that is why I call him just Paul.
on October 2, 2013
I consider Paul Kurtz one of the great philosophers of history. He not only philosophized with an excellent mind, but he worked to improve humanity, with tireless organizational efforts. Forbidden fruit is, in Biblical terms, fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Refuse to be forbidden.
on April 30, 2013
Dr. Kurtz is a humanist and presents his thoughts and beliefs in "Forbidden Fruit." He present in a straight forward manner how one can and should live as human beings. The book is easy reading and written in a clear manner. He discusses how people can have a moral relationship without belief in God. Good reading.
on November 25, 2012
I'm halfway through the book and treasure it already. In simple, direct language it offers a reassuring and even comforting rationale for leading an ethical life without benefit of a religion of any kind. Never shooting at easy targets in a condescending way, he instead exposes the folly of accepting any of the various religious myths as revealed truth. Anyone who has struggled to escape the iron jaws of organized religion will, I think, embrace this book as eagerly as I do.