Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 206 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 294 reviews
on July 24, 2013
Forbidden features a brilliant premise but unfortunately the execution is disappointing. Many of the characters aren't terribly interesting, nor is the world they inhabit. The story had promise but the pacing is off - some moments plod along, others pass in an instant, with little time for reflection (likely due to the Tosca/Ted combo). The writing is competent but the themes explored are a little tired-Dekker. The story doesn't have a patch on The Circle Quartet, to which it shares some similarities. It features moments of graphic violence but the details are left to the reader's imagination. Curiously, I found some of the violence distracting - it seemed a little extreme, but more silly than offensive. I thought the Tosca Lee/Ted Dekker combo would be fantastic. They both write in similar genres and their writing styles gel better than most previous co-authoring Dekker efforts. Ted is the better storyteller and Tosca is the better crafts-person but here I think they held each other back. All in all the story just doesn't sing like it should.

5/10
on February 3, 2017
Of course I'm owning it. Had to. Found 2 & 3 at the freaking Dollar Trees around here, just not the 1st. Found a lot of his books in Bucks, but never again, in any other dollar stores, did I find Forbidden. So, that collection is not true. But, it's Dekker. Who cares? The guy rocks!
on July 6, 2017
An incredible tale of allegorical Truth that will entrance readers for years to come. This fresh spin on true Life has power of the the One who can affect true change in the world souls searching for Life!!!
on December 27, 2012
I am truly bothered that I couldn't finish this book, I have read his books and really enjoyed them. This book is slow. They could have done so well with this premise, but missed the mark.
on July 14, 2016
I have been a long time Ted Dekker fan. I find his books well written with unique and excellent stories. The Circle Series was a great series as well. This book has a unique twist of third person. I have not been disappointed by a Ted Dekker book yet, and will continue to read his series.
on August 27, 2015
I'm about 1/3 of the way through Forbidden and I don't think I'll be able to finish. I have read many of Ted Dekker books and this is the first I've read that is centered on incest and sexual exploration. It also has two (that I've read) graphic death scenes. Very, *very* disappointed.
on August 10, 2015
Definitely Ted Dekker at his best again! I didn't think anything could top the Showdown series until I read the Circle series (around in circles) and thought nothing could hold a candle. He he goes again, such an original theme with characters that are hard to let go. Stayed up all night reading because I couldn't put it down! 5 Stars for sure!
on September 25, 2015
I can solidly say I liked this book. Wasn't my favorite book ever, but interesting and thought-provoking nonetheless. In the weeks following reading it I have thought about it at various times--that is, pondered some of the images or ideas put forth in the book. I would like to read the sequel in the future.
on October 18, 2016
Ted Dekker is amazing! Great books and I really started to read Tosca Lees books too. She is an amazing author too. This was a great series and the two did a great job working together.
on April 4, 2015
Had to read it again because I never finished the series and it was so much better the second time around! I love both of these authors ( Dekker and Lee) and recommend this book to anyone who loves a gut wrenching story of love and chaos and how a little boy is to bring balance, but that's later in the series.