Metro Vacuum Air Force Commander 2-Speed Dryer 4.0 HP Motor S
- Powerful motor up to 4.0 Peak H.P. cuts drying time by as much as 75%
- Rugged all-steel construction designed for years of hard professional use.
- Two-speed operation lets you efficiently groom large and small breeds with a single dryer.
- Compact, lightweight and portable
- One-year Warranty,Rated 110V.
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the Manufacturer
Metro Air Force Commander is a powerful floor/table dryer with two-speed performance, allowing you to groom large or small breeds with one dryer. This lightweight dryer is so powerful you will forget it's portable. Features include an easy change filter and dual mounted legs that allow the Commander® to be used vertically or horizontally. You can groom more dogs in less time ... make more money. You'll particularly like the job it does on heavy coated breeds. The Commander® dries their hair without drying their coats. It's ideal for the professional in the shop or on house calls. Once you use an Air Force® Commander® you'll say, "How did I ever get by without it."
Product detailsSize:7 IN
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 15 x 10 x 10 inches; 10.25 Pounds
- Item model number : AFTD-3
- Date First Available : October 31, 2004
- Manufacturer : Metro Vacuum
- ASIN : B00063KHPE
- Best Sellers Rank: #29,518 in Pet Supplies (See Top 100 in Pet Supplies)
- Customer Reviews:
Compare with similar items
SHELANDY 3.2HP Stepless Adjustable Speed Pet Hair Force Dryer Dog Grooming Blower with Heater
METRO 17-016 Air Force Commander 2-Speed AFTD-3 Dryer, Orange
Flying One High Velocity 4.0 Hp Motor Dog Pet Grooming Force Dryer w/Heater
shernbao High Velocity Professional Dog Pet Grooming Hair Drying Force Dryer Blower 5.0HP （Super Cyclone） SHD-2600P
My Pet Command 110V Dog Hair Dryer Professional High Velocity Blower 500W-2800W 4HP Hot and Cold Adjustable stepless Airflow and Bonus Dog Grooming Brush.
|Sold By||OnThreeSports||Shelandy Pet Supplies||Tool Deals||Petuv||shernbao Pet||Mycommand|
|Item Dimensions||15.00 x 10.00 x 10.00 inches||17.40 x 11.60 x 7.90 inches||20.00 x 7.00 x 8.00 inches||16.00 x 9.00 x 9.00 inches||17.72 x 11.81 x 11.81 inches||12.99 x 5.91 x 7.09 inches|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Powerful - I can SEE the water mist flying off the dog
- It dries the base of the skin, helping prevent the hot spots my dogs are prone to getting
- My dogs look well groomed and beautifully fluffy
- When used on my dry dog, it helps blow the dead undercoat out
- Can start with a low power, which helped in getting my dogs used to it before moving to the hi-power
- The air stays quite cool, so my dogs don't get overheated when being dried
- Powerful enough that you don't want to use inside. Think leaf-blower indoors, lol! I end up with misty water and dog hair everywhere (although with large fluffy dogs, I'm fairly used to it, lol!).
- don't really know how to use the tools it came with - I wish there had been suggestions in the box
- Pricey ... its worth it to me, but any time I recommend it, people get a bit of sticker shock.
Overall, I love this dryer, and highly recommend it. It is pricey, but not unreasonable compared to other blowers of this caliber!
As far as the dog drying capacity goes, imagine one of those hand dryers at an airport or higher end gas station. You know how they're forceful enough that they push out the loose skin on your hands and make it 'flap'? This thing blows air at a similar rate, something like 1.5 times the amount as those. My test subjects are a rough coat Saint Bernard, a Newfoundland, a Newf mix, and a German Shepherd mix.
I can get a purebred, rough coat Saint Bernard or Newfoundland entirely dry from sopping wet in about 15-20 minutes. The water literally flies off their coat as you use it, and it is also pretty good for deshedding. Definitely use this outside if you have a high-shedding dog! My only complaint is that it's pretty loud, though my groomer friends say this model is quiet compared to other force dryers. If you have a sensitive dog, try putting cotton balls in their ears and/or a bandana flattening their ears to their heads. Two of my dogs are very shy, but have adjusted to it after a few uses. It's a bit louder than an average vacuum cleaner.
Durability: I'm very happy with it. My dogs have accidentally knocked it off the side of my deck, off a counter onto a tile floor, and I've also accidentally sprayed it with a pressure washer. I've had no issues with it to date.
Overall, I feel it was well worth the price I paid for it. I would buy it again.