BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 11, 2011
I have had Laird's book for almost two years now, and I constantly carry it with me in my backpack and take it out to read when I am unmotivated or need a mental charge up. It is one of the best books I've come across in terms of motivation and aspiring to live a positive active healthy life. Laird gives immensely wise information and tips regards diet, supplements, exercises and aiming for a healthy positive attitude, something that sorely missing from the majority of people in this day and age. Topics such as Dealing with fear & negativity, Being the best and striving for excellence, and elite-level athletic tips on training and recovery. Laird gives a list of great natural food ideas with the philosophy of "if I can't pronounce it or don't know what it is, it's not going into my body". I would highly, highly recommend this book for all young people trying to build character and better themselves. Easily one of my favorite non-fiction books along with Wooden: A Lifetime of Observations and Reflections On and Off the Court & Epictetus, The Art of Living: The Classic Manual on Virtue, Happiness, and Effectiveness.
on October 30, 2010
Laird Hamilton has the best attitude about life. You don't have to be a surfer to read his book. I, personally, can't see any way that I can be as satisfied with life as he is and as he wants 'us' to be. I envy him & his family. I bought the book for my brother who adopted his boys after age 50 because "life was too simple". He is now a single dad of a 17 & 14 year old. He is 7 years older than me and is raising them as I grew up. We would be on a hike with our family and they would just leave me, knowing, back in the 60s that I was fine and the trails had a lot more solitude for miles than they do now. I would complain that my pack (which was supposed to be my weight, always) was too heavy or I was too tired or the mosquitos were eating me alive. They would say okay and off they'd go. I would play on the trail & find my elf friends (yes) in the tree roots for awhile, then catch up with them eventually. Usually they were at the destination already and having a picnic which was a great reward. All this to attempt to say that I feel Laird Hamilton is bringing up his family with a keen independence and appreciation for life. He says we should all scare ourselves at least once a day (to live to our fullest). Wow, I so agree, and am not there yet, but still appreciate the goal.
on July 7, 2015
Beyond being a great surfer, Laird Hamilton writes an information packed, informative, uplifting read! I would recommend this to anyone interested in surfing or even just a healthy mental and physical lifestyle. I also really admire his appreciation of his wife and family. It's very nice to see!
on April 25, 2014
I'm a fan of Hamilton's old school waterman ethics and commitment to surfing. Book is high quality, personable writing tone, insightful and worthy of your consideration, in or out of the water.
on March 19, 2014
Good to read an insiders view of all the water related sports,his personal experiences in the ocean,and views.It was quite obvious Lard is loaded,but he is so down to earth and humble.Being a surfer I did not know what to think of the stand up pattle boards,now I cannot wait to try one.Laird has cast iron balls, just pull up his exploits on you-tube
on November 28, 2013
This is an easy read with some great life lessons from how to manage fear to training and what to eat. This book is for anyone who loves surfing and the outdoors and wants to participate their entire lives. I also believe it's a great book for kids trying to figure out their approach to life. I will definitely have my 13 year old son read it as well. Great stuff.
on January 25, 2014
Laird breaks down his life, his way, his passion and his motivation in this book and passes it on to you. Whenever I lose motivation or get lazy, I pick this book up and just read some random chapter and I'm ready to climb Everest. This book got me to lose 25lbs and focus on my health and goals.

What a real inspiration to this planet.
on May 3, 2017
Good book. Laird and Dave Kalamazoo are 2 windsurfers who took it to the next level. Good advice for all watermen and women
on October 24, 2013
i bought this book because i am having frequent injuries. i am a 38 year old male, very active, but my body does not keep up. Lairds book gives you many tips on what to eat, supplements, how to protect yourself and most important how to recover fast and efficient.
i totally recommend this to any person who wants to do active sports beyond the age of 30
on December 22, 2009
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It provides an all round view of this awesome athlete, not only on surfing, but life, fitness, diet, his philosophies, and includes insights from those who know him. We gain an appreciation of his holistic approach to his sport and life. An athlete who is not after trophies or accolades, but just wants to live life to the full and push the boundaries. He has a good little core conditioning workout which I now include in my morning routine. My mum always told me to go into the sea if I had an injury, and I note Laird promotes the same. Just one of the many little gems of information in this book. Will definitely remain on my coffee table for all to read.