Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Forensic & Investigative Accounting (Fifth Edition)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on April 24, 2013
I am lucky enough to have had one of the authors as an instructor for both semesters this school year. We used this textbook for one of those classes. The authors' years of forensic accounting experience out in the field are readily apparent. This book is likely the most practical, real-world training aid that I have seen in my time at grad school. It is an interesting read and full of examples of actual cases related to forensic accounting. If you want to know what forensic and investigative accountants do, then this is your book.
on September 30, 2012
This is an interesting and actually stimulating book. The authors are easily read and they provides many real world examples.
I did not like the index. It refers to sections in the text, not page numbers. With a one page section, this was OK. With multiple page sections, it became difficult to look up particular things. I always print out the index and glossary to have at hand as I do my work in the text. It is easier than flipping back and forth to the back.
All in all, I believe I would like other texts by these authors. In my last semester of Grad school, I have seen some authors who could not get their ideas across to me. These authors know their subject and are all CPA's and other letters with their names. I would buy other texts by them. John
on November 17, 2013
The book contains excellent real life examples of fraud in the corporate world and some of the ways it can be detected.
on August 30, 2015
Great and I have used it for a week. First book this semester and feel good.
on June 6, 2012
Chapter one wasn't too bad, but from chapter 1 to 5 the chapter get longer and longer and longer! I am afraid to see what the next few chapters are like :) Some of the information is very confusing. I think the book could have been presented in a friendlier way. And make sure you double check your quizzes / exams if the professor is using the publisher's test bank. My professor has found many errors and had to correct grades.
on December 13, 2014
Am very happy and excited with the book and the service I got.
on August 23, 2016
Textbook
on September 9, 2012
This book is an abomination. It is poorly edited, the writing is simplistic and repetitive, and the scholarship is atrocious. A full 25% of the sources cited in the text are works of fiction. The authors regularly quote fiction writers and fictional protagonists as authorities without indicating the imaginary nature of their sources. Amusing, but not authoritative support.

The only thing to be learned from this text is that a solid grounding in forensic methods and practice is necessary before attempting work in the field. Unfortunately, none of that grounding is to be had here.

I was thrilled to be able to sell this travesty back to Amazon at the conclusion of the course for which it was required. If you have a choice, keep looking for a book on forensic accounting.

Instructors: The assessed correct answers to the questions in the test bank for this book do not correllate to the text. Your life will be a living hell of justifiably confused and annoyed students insisting on revisions to their grades.
on October 3, 2015
The book I received is in really bad condition.
The book in itself is pretty good.
on February 22, 2014
IT IS VERY HELPFUL THAN I EXPECTED. THOUGH IT IS NOT THE LATEST VERSION, IT DOES PROVIDE ALL THE MAIN STUFF AND IT IS MUCH CHEAPER.