- File Size: 578 KB
- Print Length: 236 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Anglo American Press (April 17, 2014)
- Publication Date: April 17, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00JS732BK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #897 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$3.99|
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $9.99 (100%)
The Forever Man 1 - Dystopian Apocalypse Adventure: Book 1: Pulse Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
It reads like a mix between the Dies The Fire series and fantasy and alien invasion. Humanity is thrust back in time in essence after something (possibly solar flares) causes EMP like damage and nothing utilizing electrical power works anymore. Evidently it also impacts internal combustion as no mention is made of older vehicles functioning either. However unlike Dies The Fire firearms still function.
The issues (for me) pop up immediately. When referring to the U.S. Marines and members of such, the term Marine is capitalized. Always. The main protagonists rank varies from Master Sergeant to Master Gunnery Sergeant. Two very different ranks. All military ranks should also be capitalized as well. I also have a minor issue with most of the Marines using British slang and speak. They would have picked up and utilize some (we always do) but most likely not as much as they do.
The Master Guns abandoning his post is a small issue as it is very unlike a Marine to do so, especially one of such rank. However we discover further on that he is under a compulsion and hence it becomes a bit more understandable.
We also discover via dialogue that magic is now active and in the past was as well. Some of the devices used are extremely reminiscent of Dies The Fire and I personally have no problem with this.
The author is not shy of showing how the bad side of humanity will surface and most likely outnumber the good side. Plenty of action and the body count is incredible from accidents, machinery ceasing to function and just plain bad people being bad people.
There are a few spelling issues but most seem to occur in the final third of the book and are rather minor in comparison to other ebooks. Also in comparison to some paper books I have read within the past few years to be honest.
This has the potential to a jolly rollicking good series to quote a Brit friend of mine.
Nathaniel Hogan, Master Sergeant, United States Marine Corps, is a kind of bogatyr, a folk hero, and this is one of the few narratives I have ever read that uses the tools of the folk tale, or the epic. The writer knows what he is doing. I am amazed that anybody would try to replicate the ancient hero tales and actually pull it off. This is amazing. The characters are people you care about, and I am blazing through the books one after the other. To delineate all the wierdnesses in the story line (time travel back to King Arthur's time, three different kids of aliens, the Marine's evolution into a hero unwoundable and in possession of magical powers) would make it seem like a total mash-up. But the books deserve a much larger audience and I am hoping that will happen. The covers are terrible. With luck and a perceptive agent these books will receive better covers, a wider distribution and will get to an audience hungry for a stand-up man with a heart of gold and a sense of humor.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Superheroes
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Superhero
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult