BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 7, 2012
First a hearty thanks to Mr. Volman for making his experiences and trading techniques available through his book "Forex Price Action Scalping".

I've been trading since 2000 and over that period of time have read and studied a number of books. However, I must say I have never come across a work so clearly articulating the business, the art and techniques of trading as Forex Price Action Scalping. His depiction of charts, with references and explanations are error free and easy to comprehend. Kudos to Bob Volman and to whomever assisted with the editing.

Co-incident with acquiring FPAS I also purchased material written by Al Brooks. In the interest of keeping things in a positive perspective, let's just say it has been one of the more contrasting examples one might experience in trading publications.

In reviewing some of the "lower Star ratings" given - simply points out that one needs to identify what works for the type of trader they are. Scalp trading is not for everybody. Blaming any author for one's "poor trading performance" is like blaming McDonald's for occurrences of obesity.

Mr. Volman clearly raises the bar for any trader/trainer pursuing a complimentary career in authoring trading publications.
on February 18, 2014
This book is simple to read and the author is so knowledgeable about the topic.I am only demo account trading the forex market but already I am learning from this book and have not completed reading it yet.

His preference is tick charts so this could be a disadvantage for someone that does not have access to these.

Highly recommend the read for any trader to gain chart interpretation knowledge.
on August 25, 2017
Very thoughtful and concise information if you are a scalper or learning the craft!!

Bob Volman's books are a classic, he is always right on the point!!
You have to get this and add it your "Trading Library", also recommend
getting the Understading Price Action, by Bob Volman.
on June 11, 2017
This book has captured my time; not just interesting but a valuable resource for my daily work. I may have to purchase another copy to continue my notes, and to have a refresh read.
on September 30, 2017
good info
on April 30, 2016
One of the best price action based technical analysis book I ever read. The book is mainly forcused on EUR/USD pair and may not be applicable to other currency pairs. But an aspiring scalper can learn the art of professional scalping from this book and apply the same theories to other currency pairs.
on May 1, 2013
To begin with, I am not currently trading the Forex markets. However, I ran into this author somewhere on the Internet and decided to read his book. The price was right and I thought I could get a new perspective on trading price action. I was delighted by the content and information presented by Mr. Volman. If you are a trader or investor of any stripe, this book can be helpful. The insights into the thought processes of a trader are worth the price, without a doubt. You don't have to become a scalper to benefit from the wisdoms presented here. It is a fairly easy read and I believe the thinking processes and even most of the trade setups can be transferred to other markets. My only wish would be that the author had included more about available Forex brokers and how to go about finding a good one.
on March 31, 2013
Although I have not read the entire book, what I have is very helpful in teaching/ enforcing the elusive price action - esp in context to what happened on the left of the price chart. If you've come to this point in the ball game Volman points out what you don't know, you do know.

The book is well written w/ thorough explanation of the thought process, charts, price action, progress of strategy building one on the other from chapter to chapter.

The only thing that I question is why not futures instead of cash? He uses a 70 pip (tick) price bar which is about 30 seconds as Volman notes. Obviously in a fast market it could be much shorter in duration, 10-15 seconds. Also a 1.5 pip spread between the bid ask on EUR/USD (the currency pair used exclusively in the book) is about the same as the spread on 6E which is on a regulated exchange - other than the algos (pun intended.) If I'm guessing correctly it is most likely the no commission/ exchange fee etc. I'll stick with 6E.

For this type of read it's "easy" to read

If you are an indicator type person this book is not for you - although keep in mind everything comes down to price (action.)
on June 29, 2012
If your looking to Find the holy Grail than in my Opion this book is it because it doesnt focus on teaching you set ups I.E. the ADX+moving average cross over... or candle stick patterns or anything like that... It tries to have you go deeper into whats really going on with the bulls and the Bears. Before I read this book I understod that their were winners and loosers in the Market... But this book trys to focus in more on that and understanding why after a break out certain traders who lost out on trade because they were on the wrong side of the market then bail out on the trade making the market even more so go the other way. If you have never bought a Forex Book before I wouldnt sugjest to start with this one.. However if you are a Aspiring Forex scalpper like myself that I would highly highly recommend this book. I have no finished it yet I am half way through it and already I feel like my knowledge has grown 10 fold. If your wanting to be a Scalpper, this is the book to buy
on December 28, 2011
If you're into scalping as a full time endeavour or on the side during lulls this book is a buy.

Smart well written and loaded with use-able information on chart setups, interpeting charts and seeing what is really happening. Great for scalping currency's, however it of course work equally well for the YM, ES, CL, etc.. His ideas work equally well on stocks.

Point blank, its worth every penny..the author knows what he's talking about and is a master as simplifying the daily messages of the market. I have found it especially usefull in spotting entry points and in seeing what ISN't an entry point.

I am very pleased with the book. (obviously)

If you scalp....this in time will become "The Book" on the subject.